PDA

View Full Version : Infusing Oils?

Barniie
December 17th, 2010, 05:48 PM
So about a week ago I got a small bowl and put some honey and alot of olive oil in it. I heated it in the microwave and used it.
There was a bit of honey and some oil left in the bowl, and it has been sitting in my bathroom for about a week.

Yesterday i dampened my hair (just a bit) then applied some coconut oil. Not very much, but enough for my hair to feel thick. Then I sealed it in with some of the olive oil from the bowl. It smelt like honey and was a bit thicker than usual. I bunned it and slept on it.
It was in for about 11 - 10 hours. I washed it out this morning (two shampoos and conditioner). It pretty much got rid of my really crunchy dry ends! This usually doesn't happen with just olive oil.

Has anyone ever 'infused' their oils like this? any other suggestions? :cheese:

Henna Sooq
December 18th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I just know that some people's hair don't like coconut oil, and for soap making I know if too much is used it can be drying. It doesn't seem like you did something wrong, but maybe just the coconut oil wasn't what your hair likes....

It's kind of odd though it just really dried up like that.

LissaJane
December 19th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Whilst my hair liked olive oil, it got even better with an olive & avocado oil infusion that i got at the super market. So so sooo much softer than I thought it could get.

I'd like to try coconut oil, but what I'm doing at the moment it working so well. I'll probably try it one of these days though. I'd also like to get my hands on some thyme essential oil and infuse it with my current one cause apparently it helps with growth and thickness.