PDA

View Full Version : The awkward stage of BSL :/

BeachBabe91
December 17th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I'm getting very frustrated with my hair, which has been hovering just above BSL, longest layers at BSL. Layers are the worst of this problem, they are thickly cut and are a few good inch shorter, almost around APL... very frustrating. Seems I've been at this length for a few months. Just wanting to get past this awkward stage and reach middle BSL, at least.

Inchworm
December 17th, 2010, 03:44 PM
You just gotta love your length wherever it's at or you'll always feel like your at a "awkward" stage. All hair is beautiful and beautiful hair is beautiful at any length.

ddiana1979
December 17th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I know it seems annoying, but there a lot of fun styles you can do at this length. French twists (which get much harder to do when your hair is longer), Gibson tucks, simple buns, French or Dutch braids. I know the layers are a pain. . . I have them too. I've solved that mostly by using aloe applied to the length that will end up in the updo. I also highly recommend Goody Spin Pins, if you haven't tried them. They hold all day, and you can tuck in the little layered pieces that fall out.

Hana212
December 17th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I'm at this stage too... I feel your pain :)

caadam
December 17th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Same here, but I work with it and love my hair no matter what.
Here's a fish face to make you feel better: o 3o ♥

BeachBabe91
December 17th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys. :)

girlthursday
December 17th, 2010, 05:25 PM
You just gotta love your length wherever it's at or you'll always feel like your at a "awkward" stage. All hair is beautiful and beautiful hair is beautiful at any length.

:applause: Well said!