PDA

View Full Version : ok so im gonna be going to camp....please check this post out!

nena_shawty
December 17th, 2010, 02:27 PM
so im going to camp to be in charge several girls... so any way i know for a fact that the water there is hard and everyday there is gonna be games like soccor and just sports and i sweat alot .. evernight im gonna have to speak to a crowd of about 200 kids and adults ... what my questian is how can i not wash my hair and it still look presentable everyday... i wash my hair twice a week and oil it an everything else... how can i do all that while lookin presentable for when i talk to everbody... I dont have much time for myself so... i dont know if im explaining myself:Dcan somebody give me some tips

Intransigentia
December 17th, 2010, 05:10 PM
If you're only going to be there a couple weeks, maybe you can just tolerate less than optimal care for a while, and then when you get home, do a good clarifying wash followed by some serious pampering? Unless your hair is very, very damaged and delicate, I think it will survive.

estherbeth
December 17th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Maybe consider wearing some of those kerchiefs with the ties at the back or bandanas to hide the top of your hair, where it'll be the most greasy or dirty?

kitmarlow
December 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM
camp is all about exploring friendships in a who-cares?/less competitive culture. I spent 7 weeks last summer at camp and didn't oil once. I threw some coconut oil into my shampoo and conditioned every day, but generally felt okay not doing much to it. braids. ponytails. hats. hats. hats. bandanas. everybody is going to look a little greasy/dirty after a day or two and it's best just to embrace it and have fun. :)

Shany
December 17th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I don't know if it's a good idea, but you could bring a spray bottle of ACV diluted with water and use it as a last rinse when you wash your hair with hard water. You could braid it and wear bandanas or hats like Kitmarlow said.