PDA

View Full Version : How to wear your while sleeping

aldasbeke
December 16th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Does anyone have good advice on this? Thanks! :)

DARKMARTIAN
December 16th, 2010, 10:14 PM
From what ive seen here. You probably dont want my advice.

I sleep with mine loose every night........:o

little_cherry
December 16th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I just finished doing two loose-ish English braids folded in half, wrapped with wide satin ribbon to protect the ends and tied with a hair tie. I use a silk sleep cap, too.

patienceneeded
December 16th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Mine isn't really long enough for a sleep-braid, plus I like it loose, but I know quite a few longhairs braid for sleep. I used to braid when it was longer and it worked well. Get a satin pillowcase to reduce friction and damage. I found sleeping on a satin pillowcase a little odd at first, I felt like my head was sliding off the pillow! Now I quite like it.

2peasinapod
December 16th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I braid my hair as well. I don't have enough hair for one braid to hold yet, so I do two. I use a satin pillow case, too.

clichepithet
December 16th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I enjoy my single english braid and satin pillowcase. It is quick and efficient. I have slept in a braided beehive, which was insanely comfortable, though I would not do this often; what with all the pins and all. I often oil prior, as well.

Lianna
December 16th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I wonder if sleep wearing a twist with a comb is okay. Without holes on my scalp in the morning. :D I usually do pony-tail or silk sleep cap, but I'm thinking a twist (with tucked ends) would be great.

Ravenne
December 16th, 2010, 11:48 PM
I do a french braid because I have bangs growing out that fall out of an english by morning. A french holds them in place all night. I like having my hair contained at night. And it's a breeze to brush out the next morning too. =)

Besides which... I can literally roll out of bed and go if I need to (which I did the other day... surprise!) even though I oil my ends at night!

tinti
December 17th, 2010, 03:55 AM
I sleep on a satin pillowcase and dutch/french braid it before going to bed, and sometimes I oil my ends as well. My top layers slides out of the braid really easily but I have no idea how to fix that so it'll have to be that way for a while untill they grow.

Pifkin
December 17th, 2010, 07:22 AM
I either sleep with mine in one braid or in a bun on top of my head.

Karala
December 17th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I don't do braids because they leave my hair fugly when I undo them (frizzy, dry, more liveless than ever); for a long time I used to do a very high Nautilus Bun held with a short Quattro stick, but now that I treat my hair better and the new grown hair is much softer, I can't do that anymore because it falls out during the night (lol, I have to admit I was feeling quite happy to be having this problem ^^). So now, Gibraltar bun on the top on my head, held with same Quattro stick. Works like a charm ^^

DuckyDot
December 17th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I put my hair into a half-ponytail (Pulled halfway through.) or a cinnabun. I doesn't matter - my hair looks awful no matter what in the morning!

Juneii
December 17th, 2010, 08:57 AM
either a braid or a high bun on the top of my head :) not the most attractive but it keeps me from waking up tangled in my own hair

breezefaerie
December 17th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I put mine in a top knot on the very top of my head. Terribly unatractive :)

Yozhik
December 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Twin braids, or more often I wear a high cinnabun held with a scrunchie. :)

Fairlight63
December 17th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Usually a braid & sleeping on a silk pillowcase here also. Sometimes I use a silk sleep cap but I sleep best with the braid. The cap slips over my eyes & bugs me.

NebraskaChick84
December 17th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I do an english braid for sleep. I always take it out in the morning because braids don't look good on my hair yet!

cmnt831
December 17th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I also do the top knot. It's just the most comfortable for me. :)

myria
December 17th, 2010, 10:06 AM
very loose english braid and satin pillowcase for me normally. Started wearing a loose braid in a snood recently since i kept waking up with it under me/braid bumps indented on my arm :confused: - that confused me when I noticed them while eating my breakfast.

LunarAurora
December 17th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I prefer a loose bun at the top of my head, so no hair can move.
I fear that braids (especially the ends) are pulled and "crushed" and then lead to breakage, but I am a little bit paranoid :)

bunzfan
December 17th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I find sleeping with my hair in a French braid the most comfortable and it stays put all night and dosen't come un-done which can happen due to my annoying layers:mad:

Synthemesc
December 17th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Dutch braid or english braid bundled into a woolly hat. Super cold here.

Druid of Alba
December 17th, 2010, 01:30 PM
My hair is chin length at the front, shoulder length at the back (uniform layers I think it's called, every hair on my head is more or less the same length, as I've grown my hair out from short). My hair isn't quite long enough to all be tied back, so I just wear it down at night. Once it's longer, I think I'll tie it in a loose, messy bun at the nape of my neck, so keep it secure and hopefully to add a little curl, as I love the look of loose, natural curls on me.

aldasbeke
December 18th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Hmm Okay. Those are some good suggestions. I usually put my hair in a bun and secure it with bobby pins, but I was looking for something new to do. I like the night cap idea though