PDA

View Full Version : 5 years at LHC and some big changes (pics)

Rini
December 16th, 2010, 10:46 AM
I almost missed it, but it's been 5 years since I joined this wonderful community and in that time I've learned and experimented so much! I've been a henna head, back to blonde (with big chops) and now am cultivating the silver and growing dye-free! I won't post all the pics of my hair during those 5 years (you can check out my album if you're interested), but I do want to show you my hair this time last year:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/missrini8/hair/dec09.jpg

I had gained a lot of length since the big chop to remove the old henna and bleach, but my ends were thin. Over the past year, I have been trimming with a couple of really big chops included so that my ends thickened up. The result is that I'm still at BSL, but my ends look MUCH better:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/missrini8/hair/hairdec10-2.jpg

The above was taken yesterday right after an oil shampoo wash (hair care of moviestars thread). I had really bad curl formation and some frizz, but it was a good length shot! You can also see the darker blonde patch on the back of my head (where it will just NOT turn silver for some reason). I also still have some residual orange from the old henna.

I'm quite happy with the way my silver is looking and I'm looking forward to the next 5 years of growing my hair all natural and not needing to trim quite so much :D

You can see in this pic (taken yesterday too....in Parma, Italy) how white the front/top of my hair is now:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/missrini8/hair/whitexmas.jpg

It IS indeed a white Christmas for me. Merry Christmas everyone!! Happy growing :cheese:

triumphator!
December 16th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Your hair looks so happy with its silvers! And it looks like the oil wash really helped. Congrats on five years, that is a huge amount of time! :)

HairFaerie
December 16th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Beautiful! :)
The ends look AWESOME and I love the silver! Very pretty!

Juneii
December 16th, 2010, 10:57 AM
How interesting! I love how your silvers are growing in!
Your hair is looking great :)

PrincessTieflin
December 16th, 2010, 10:59 AM
WOW! Looking great.. I havent seen any of your pics since you started growing out the Heanna!

I can only hope why curls and wurls look as good as yours when it gets longer!

Octave
December 16th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Oh I can definitely see a huge change. Your hair is a lot thicker and it has also obtained some shine. Congrats! :)

jojo
December 16th, 2010, 11:02 AM
your hair looks beautiful and much thicker too

spidermom
December 16th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I don't see a bothersome dark patch. Your hair looks so lovely, and I like it much better without the henna.

Fadedbluedreams
December 16th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Your hair looks lovely against that dark blue shirt, and much better in general. Congrats

linda g
December 16th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Very nice! I love seeing your smiling eyes peeking over the bottom edge of that last picture!

little_acorn
December 16th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Happy fifth anniversary :flowers: and a white christmas :D

Alvrodul
December 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Your hair looks beautiful, and the silvers also look nice on you!

tinti
December 16th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Your hair is absolutely beautiful :) Happy anniversary!

Speedbump
December 16th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Rini, I have thought that your hair has looked great red, blonde, and now growing in natural. Your trimming has definitely gotten you excellent results. Your hair is beautiful and I am looking forward to seeing your beautiful silvers come out! :grouphug:

Fayjoi
December 16th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Your hair is beautiful! You made such great progress, your ends look so much better! :)

Cupofmilk
December 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I love your hair it is so pretty x

Capybara
December 16th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I don't see a bothersome dark patch. Your hair looks so lovely, and I like it much better without the henna.

I don't see the dark patch either :) I think the blonde blends in quite beautifully with the silvers. You go, girl!

heidi w.
December 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM
WOW. big changes alright. Well done. I find you to be quite attractive. I wouldn't spend another minute bothering about dark patches. We're our own worst critics.

heidi w.

ericthegreat
December 16th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary! I love how the mix of silver and blonde create such unique and beautiful tones in your hair, it make your hair look like a beautiful ashy blonde.

GypsyGoddess
December 16th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Very inspiring! My curl pattern is pretty similar to yours and I am impressed by your dedication to not coloring!

dropinthebucket
December 16th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Congrats, Rini! Fabulous growth. I love the white at the front, it's so diva! :D

Rini
December 16th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks so much everyone!!! Each and every comment means so much to me.....as I am still quite self-conscious about the silver thing. At times I really love it, and other times I wonder if people are looking at the silver parts in horror. I guess in the end it doesn't matter what people think of the way I look, as long as I'm happy and healthy. I believe not colouring has given me both.

I've changed my routine over the last couple of years so I need to update my signature (plus my sig photo shows my hair a slightly darker colour and it's shorter there). That'll give me something to do over Christmas ;)

jel
December 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Happy LHC-versary, Rini! :flowers:

As someone who loved your Rini red too, I must say that your natural silver and blonde really looks wonderful on you. In fact, I think your silvers look rather more like platinum...

wahmof9
December 20th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Beautiful!

If I may though, what is an oil wash??? I am very curious

Rini
December 21st, 2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks Jel and wahmof9 :D

An oil wash is where you mix coconut oil into your shampoo. You can find MUCH detail about this method in the haircare of moviestars thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57025). Unfortunately it's not working out all that well for me right now, but I haven't given up yet!

caadam
December 21st, 2010, 12:28 AM
WHOO!
Five years. That's great. ^ ^y
Here's a dancing banana:

:disco:

And your hair looks much better.
Congratulations.

Tabitha
December 21st, 2010, 03:26 AM
You can see in this pic (taken yesterday too....in Parma, Italy) how white the front/top of my hair is now:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/missrini8/hair/whitexmas.jpg

It IS indeed a white Christmas for me. Merry Christmas everyone!! Happy growing :cheese:

I love this photo. Stunning building as a backdrop, and the white coming into your hair really emphasises your eyes and skintone. You're lucky that the incursion of whites suits you so well!

Merry Christmas to you too! :blossom:

DavidN
December 21st, 2010, 03:36 AM
Congratulations, Rini, on 5 years at the LHC, and here's to many more!:cheer:

Your hair is beautiful, and I love the colour!:blossom: I am delighted that you are cherishing those silvers!

Also, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

09robiha
December 21st, 2010, 03:41 AM
is it me or does the silver bit remind you of those awesome silver streaks you see occasionally in pin up pictures!

Roscata
December 21st, 2010, 03:54 AM
Your hair is so pretty. :)

lupiae
December 27th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Very healty now. Are you going to grow it more?

Rini
December 28th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Yes indeed! I'm not all that interested in length, just getting my virgin hair to grow in now. I suppose I'll end up at my original goal of hip length one day :)

milagro
December 28th, 2010, 02:05 AM
You have very lucky gray pattern and it actually suits you! :flower:
PS I was thinking the third pic was in Nice, looks very like, until I read the capture below.