PDA

View Full Version : Does hair growth speed up?

Fadedbluedreams
December 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Has anyone experienced their hair growth rate speeding up the longer it gets or does it pretty much remain constant?

DARKMARTIAN
December 16th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Has anyone experienced their hair growth rate speeding up the longer it gets or does it pretty much remain constant?

I only wish......:(

jojo
December 16th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hair growth is unpredictable..sometimes it grows faster than other months, sometimes slower!

spidermom
December 16th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I get fast growth seasonally, spring-fall, and slow growth during the winter. I think it varies according to the length of daylight, not length of hair.

heidi w.
December 16th, 2010, 12:23 PM
For the most part, it's fairly constant if you're nowhere near terminal length or an age where it slows naturally.

However, there are times you can have a growth spurt and this for some (as it did me) can last a few years. After such spurts, it might slow to even no gain......depending on length. But it'll grow again if you out wait the resting phase.

You can not necessarily speed up growth rate. This is genetically encoded how long it'll grow, how fast, how thick.

You can help the growth rate sometimes with vitamins, which mostly focus on reducing hair loss.

heidi w.