PDA

View Full Version : 2011 New Year's (Hair) Resolutions!

Pages : [1] 2

rachelily
December 16th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I searched for this thread to make sure it hasn't happened already, forgive me if it was hiding!

--

It's that time of year to begin thinking about New Year's resolutions again, and I'm sure we all have some pertaining to ... our hair! Would anyone like to share?

1. I would love to work my way up to finally stop using heat. I'll start with no-heat-on-weekdays and go from there. My main targets are to stop diffusing and to stop straightening my bangs, since I pin them back now so there isn't any point!
2. Continue to embrace my natural texture.
3. Focus on the health of my hair and not just the length. It won't ever get to BSL if it's damaged!

What about you?

Mexibeach
December 16th, 2010, 09:45 AM
For me it's all about growth! May will be 1 yr since my major chop; once I get the growth, I will work at getting rid of these layers!

rachelily
December 16th, 2010, 09:47 AM
For me it's all about growth! May will be 1 yr since my major chop; once I get the growth, I will work at getting rid of these layers!

That's great! I should really do a chop to get rid of the damage but I just can't make myself sacrifice the length. I am not far from my goal so I think I'll just start maintaining like crazy once I get there.

What is your goal length?

PineappleJello
December 16th, 2010, 09:58 AM
1. Wear it in a protective style for at least the first semester of the year
2.Take my vitamins again
3. Don't smoke (it stunts my hair growth)

kmouse43
December 16th, 2010, 10:01 AM
My resolution is to reach my goal of waist length. I am almost there now, so it should be attainable. I do want to grow out some of my layers as well. I will continue my no cone routine and henna every six weeks or so.

cataphract
December 16th, 2010, 10:02 AM
My goals/resolutions are thus:

1) Microtrims and S&Ds only (this will be difficult in the summer months as my hair, no matter how 'up' it is seems to be as warm as a wool hat all year round and my hairline in back is not high)

2) Continue not using heat styling! (Though this one will be easier since I've nearly sworn that off in the last couple of months anyway)

3) Be 'gentler' with it. In hopes for better, stronger, faster (cue 6 Million Dollar Man music) growing hair.

We'll see how it goes. My hair is pretty thick, and though on the fine/medium end of the spectrum it's pretty strong, so I'm being ambitious and hoping to be well into the mid-back area near June.

rachelily
December 16th, 2010, 10:02 AM
1. Wear it in a protective style for at least the first semester of the year
2.Take my vitamins again
3. Don't smoke (it stunts my hair growth)

Protective styles - that's a good one. And I wish you the best of luck with no smoking, that's a great goal! My vitamins are still sitting in a drawer ...

My resolution is to reach my goal of waist length. I am almost there now, so it should be attainable. I do want to grow out some of my layers as well. I will continue my no cone routine and henna every six weeks or so.

Ooh waist, so jealous :)

My goals/resolutions are thus:

1) Microtrims and S&Ds only (this will be difficult in the summer months as my hair, no matter how 'up' it is seems to be as warm as a wool hat all year round and my hairline in back is not high)

2) Continue not using heat styling! (Though this one will be easier since I've nearly sworn that off in the last couple of months anyway)

3) Be 'gentler' with it. In hopes for better, stronger, faster (cue 6 Million Dollar Man music) growing hair.

We'll see how it goes. My hair is pretty thick, and though on the fine/medium end of the spectrum it's pretty strong, so I'm being ambitious and hoping to be well into the mid-back area near June.

I need to do the same with microtrims and S&Ds ... these ends are getting ugly. Love #3 :)

Purdy Bear
December 16th, 2010, 10:19 AM
To get all my hair to grow, Iv got a huge list of things to try, and also to add to my eatting list.

As Im doing a major declutter Im hoping getting rid of stuff will help (a bit like those who loose weight when decluttering).

Im on my second journal for up dos Iv invented so I want to carry on doing those and writing the instructions, and collecting ones (in a different journal) that others have done. I feel its really important for me to keep them. As far as the V&A museum is concerned no one has done it - shameful isnt it.

rachelily
December 16th, 2010, 10:21 AM
To get all my hair to grow, Iv got a huge list of things to try, and also to add to my eatting list.

As Im doing a major declutter Im hoping getting rid of stuff will help (a bit like those who loose weight when decluttering).

Im on my second journal for up dos Iv invented so I want to carry on doing those and writing the instructions, and collecting ones (in a different journal) that others have done. I feel its really important for me to keep them. As far as the V&A museum is concerned no one has done it - shameful isnt it.

Wow that is so neat about the updos! I hope you are taking lots of pictures :) What a great idea.

Toothe
December 16th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Mine aren't so much resolutions as they are continuations!

1. No cutting, just little trims when the ends are velcroey.
2. Updos every day (not that I'm ever tempted to do otherwise--it drives me crazy worn down!)
3. Go through conditioner like there's no tomorrow.

And, possibly, find where terminal is for me. My ends are fairytaling, so I may be getting close.

rachelily
December 16th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Mine aren't so much resolutions as they are continuations!

1. No cutting, just little trims when the ends are velcroey.
2. Updos every day (not that I'm ever tempted to do otherwise--it drives me crazy worn down!)
3. Go through conditioner like there's no tomorrow.

And, possibly, find where terminal is for me. My ends are fairytaling, so I may be getting close.

Mine are more continuous too :) And fairy-tale ends! I love them!

triumphator!
December 16th, 2010, 10:45 AM
1. Start coconut oiling
2. Start using hair sticks / forks as soon as my hair will stay up in them
3. Keep not cutting

CastaDiva
December 16th, 2010, 10:48 AM
With a new year only a couple of weeks away, I was wondering what your goals are, hair wise, for 2011? I`m gonna try not to buy any new hair products before I`ve finished the huge stock I have:), continue with my regular microtrims, not buy any new hair toys, keep up the good work and hopefully get longer hair :cheese: ( Oh no, I just realized that another member has a similar thread. I hadn`t seen that, I` m so sorry).

jojo
December 16th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I am hoping this time next year I am at hip and on my way to tb.

I am also going to hold out on trims in 2011 to gain as much length as possible.

DARKMARTIAN
December 16th, 2010, 11:08 AM
May hair goal I guess would be to get a very small trim every four months or so. (tis been "awhile" since my last one)
Hopefully after my initial trim though, that will be a more realistic endeavor.

I have the feeling I could fail miserably at this :o

Loreley
December 16th, 2010, 11:10 AM
- Trim less often
- Reach 48"
- Stretch washes
- Do more deep treatments and S&D

Alvrodul
December 16th, 2010, 11:24 AM
My main New Year's Resolution? To be more gentle when I detangle. No, I don't just rip through the tangles, but I am also much less gentle than I know I ought to be. :o
I also really ought to find new homes for some of my hairtoys. It is going to be hard, but some just aren't getting the love they deserve.

Islandgrrl
December 16th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Maintain between tbl and classic, trimming to get rid of the worst of the damaged ends. If it goes well, I might actually gain some length this year.

spidermom
December 16th, 2010, 11:27 AM
My only plan is to hold off on trimming until after my trip to the Caribbean in Feb/March. I'd rather trash out old ends in the sun and sea than fresh ends.

ArienEllariel
December 16th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I'm not going to trim my hair til May if my ends hold up. So far they're just fine with S & D.

I'm going to try out some more natural hair deep treatments and see how my hair feels.

I'm going to hopefully try out my new flexi-8s I'll get over Christmas *fingers crossed*.

ArienEllariel
December 16th, 2010, 11:34 AM
No trims until BSL. It's possible I'll get there before May of next year which is when I plan to trim if my ends will make it that long. They seem fine now.

Deep condition my hair more often.

Teach my sister the ways of LHC.. lol I told her I wouldn't trim her ends unless she learns not to let her nape hairs become a matted mess like usual.

Love23101
December 16th, 2010, 11:38 AM
My goal is to get to waist. I plan on only trimming if necessary. :cheese:

Miasen
December 16th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Keep up with the S&Ds, so I might come close to classic over the year! :D I need to keep the splits at bay, or I'm gonna have to cave and get a trim...

LissaJane
December 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM
unlike most people here, one of my hair goals is to get lots of hairtoys because I have very, very few.

Biggest goal though is to just keep my hair healthy, reaching a length milestone would be nice, but health is most important to me at the moment.

ETA: And no trims, unless the ends start looking particularly bad.

Jenw777
December 16th, 2010, 12:09 PM
With as fast as my hair grows, and as short as my torso is, I think I could make it to tail bone next December. Other than that I'm not trimming (S&D-ok), and no dyes (just henna). I think I'll be at hip by July, if not before. My hips are only about 4-5 inches past my waist.

MAO
December 16th, 2010, 12:26 PM
To refrain from coloring/bleaching my hair and unnecessary hair cutting.

Becky Safari
December 16th, 2010, 12:34 PM
#1 NO heat on my hair for the whole year. Over the last year I have stopped using heat, so might as well make it a commandment.
#2 Wear protective styles both at night and day. Especially night!
#3 Only I am allowed to cut my hair. Period.

tinti
December 16th, 2010, 12:35 PM
O hope that I'll reach hip before spring time. Maybe, if my hair looks good in may (when my no trimming year is ending) I'll start maintaining away my layers and be back at waist with a thicker hemline in December.

kabelaced
December 16th, 2010, 12:42 PM
1.) Do my trim in February (Moon in Leo)
2.) Perhaps trim again for summer solstice (June 21) or fall equinox...
3.) Find two more pairs of beautiful hairsticks or a hair fork
4.) Join a gym or physical ed. class because for me, exercise = fast hair growth

I'd also love to experiment with hibiscus tea rinses and henna+cassia glosses! :)

freckles
December 16th, 2010, 12:53 PM
1) I'm not sure that I can commit to no trims in 2011 as per the other thread, so instead I will choose to do no trimming until my LHC anniversary (July). After that I can reassess :)
2) keep up with s&d more.
3) try msm and biotin and see if either helps my growth.

rhosyn_du
December 16th, 2010, 12:56 PM
1) No trims! I joined the "No trims in 2011" challenge, and I'll be doing my last trim sometime next week. I've never gone this long without trimming before!
2) Sleep in end-protecting styles only. My poor ends will need all the protection they can get if I'm not trimming.
3) Deep condition at least once a month. It makes my hair sooooo soft.
4) Replace current products with cruelty-free products as I run out of what I have. Most of the stuff I use, it'll be pretty easy, but I have no idea how I'm going to find replacements for my Garnier Triple Nutrition or my L'Oreal Melting Gel.

I'm also thinking about maybe giving up the henna, but I'm still debating that one.

Cupofmilk
December 16th, 2010, 01:01 PM
No trims, oil as much as possible and try more different updos not just braids. My hair is till too short to do the celtic thingy bun - should achieve this in 2011

SheaLynne
December 16th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I'm resolving to continue with another whole year of monthly trims. Although the slow progress is hard at times, I continue to enjoy constant improvement in my ends, and I know *eventually* I'll have all the ends that I flat-ironed so much GONE!!

KittyLost
December 16th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'm just a bit past shoulder now so I hope to be BSL by 2011 :)

I also hope to settle into a routine that works for me, I still have a few hair experiments to do!

Heartwillfollow
December 16th, 2010, 02:04 PM
stay on schedule of not trimming until Aug 2011 :) reach apl by June or sooner :) :) :) keep working on a mister formula that my hair likes... close but still needs some tweaking...:)

Shany
December 16th, 2010, 04:06 PM
- trim it a little
- get past BSL and then trim more bleached ends
- be able to do a nice side braid

MissManda
December 16th, 2010, 04:19 PM
My goals for 2011 are to continue with my monthly microtrims to get rid of damage, layers, and bangs. Maybe, just maybe, I'll reach tailbone length before the end of next year. I'm currently 2" away from hip length and tailbone is maybe ~2" beyond that (provided I measured correctly).

I also intend to do S&Ds and SMTs more often. I'll be continuing with henna because I love the color I get and I'd also like to get around to trying ACV rinses. I have no plans for buying more hairtoys, but you never know. :)

Felix_D
December 16th, 2010, 04:24 PM
My goal is APL by Christmas 2011! The longest my hair has ever been is shoulders. I'm pretty excited!

My 2010 resolution was to "be nicer to my hair", but no clear goals beyond that. I've stopped shampooing, bleaching & straightening. I think this year I'll be adding a satin pillowcase or sleep cap, wooden comb & hopefully some hair toys!

Tia2010
December 16th, 2010, 05:03 PM
My main goal for 2011 is getting to waist (from BSL) and growing out my layers to thicken up my ends. :)

Becky Safari
December 16th, 2010, 05:09 PM
My goal is hip length by Thanksgiving 2011

cuppycake
December 16th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Get to BSL in 2011.
No trims unless necessary.
Buy a few good hair toys. I have none.
No chemical dyes.
Lots of hennaing :)

ooo
December 16th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I want to reach APL and get as close as possible to BSL. Yes, I'm modest :D

einna
December 16th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Learn more about hair care LHC style.
Improve health of hair.
BSL.
All virgin.
Reduce layers.
Learn to do some updoes.
Experiment with routines and natural products: CO, no sls and/or cones, BBB, jojoba oil.....

rachelily
December 16th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I'm with you on that one, SheaLynneSheaLynne. Gotta get rid of those ends!

rhosyn_du let me know if you have any luck for the GFTN - I too am addicted to that product but would love to slowly move to greener, cruelty-free products eventually.

You ladies all have such long hair already! :)

Roscata
December 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I hope to reach mid-back length by the end of 2011 and maybe find my perfect hair routine.

joiekimochi
December 16th, 2010, 07:01 PM
1) No trims! Except if I find one of those annoying faerie knots. Then off with its knot!
2) Learn more updos! Especially those lovely braided ones.
3) Learn to dutch-braid.
4) Obsess less over my length!

My hair grows about 5" a year (at least, that's how much it grew since January, but I had a trim in July) so hopefully I get to reach 35" by end of 2011, which would be TBL on me.

sarahbrownie
December 16th, 2010, 07:06 PM
A whole year with no trims! Maybe I'll finally reach waist by next new years.

rhosyn_du
December 16th, 2010, 07:12 PM
rhosyn_du let me know if you have any luck for the GFTN - I too am addicted to that product but would love to slowly move to greener, cruelty-free products eventually.

I might just go back to using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. It never gave me the slip that I get from GFTN, but I get similar moisture from it, and I like the scent a lot.

Messyhair
December 16th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I'm hoping for BSL hair by the end of next year, and I also would like an evenly rounded hemline. Right now I have a few layers that have appeared naturally as I've been growing it out from a pixie-ish cut.

Jules diamond
December 16th, 2010, 07:27 PM
This time next year- hip scraping ringlets!

Princess89
December 16th, 2010, 07:30 PM
To not change my mind and cut off any progress!

And to learn how to take better care of my hair, and gain some growth in the process

sibiryachka
December 16th, 2010, 07:41 PM
- Keep using the Hollywood Wash
- Continue sulfate-free shampoo experiment until March, then re-assess
- Self-trim in January after "No trims in 2010" vow expires, and again in July if needed

rachelily
December 16th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I might just go back to using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. It never gave me the slip that I get from GFTN, but I get similar moisture from it, and I like the scent a lot.

Mm that does sound yummy :)

IcarusBride
December 16th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I resolve to trim 1/4-1/2 inch every month from January to June! I have very thin/fine hair that at its THICKEST point the ponytail is probably 1 or 1.5 inch diameter... So I have to grow veeery slowly with lots of trims to avoid having completely-see-through ends, it looks very unflattering on me.

June-December I think I will go back to what I did this year, which was a ~1/2" trim once every 3 months. I reached waist this year, so the first half of next year I want to have more of my hair catch up to waist-length, and if possible I'd like to get to hip by this time next year! I'd like for my hair to be around my belly button in front. It's currently MUCH shorter when I bring it over my shoulders than when it's strait down my back.

dropinthebucket
December 16th, 2010, 08:16 PM
To leave it alone. Just .... leave - it - alone. No trimming, no LUSH, no new oils, just leave it. Except for the micro trim on the Full Moon in Leo, of course!

Bellatrix
December 16th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I want to forgo dying/bleaching the new virgin re-growth. So, 6 inches of healthy hair hopefully.

I do plan to henna.

Bellatrix
December 16th, 2010, 08:19 PM
No dyes/bleach.

Make CO work for me.

Henna.

dreamsofthewind
December 16th, 2010, 09:26 PM
-really hoping to reach tbl by new years 2012 (being wildly optimistic about getting .5-1" of growth per month)
-no trimming (besides the occasional S&D) to maximize my chances of reaching tbl
-get some nice hairtoys and a boar bristle brush
-dye my hair mermaidy dark green and indigo in september, I'M SO EXCITED!

Hana212
December 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM
My goals are...
To dye my hair 4 times maximum! (previously had it done every 6 weeks!)
To trim twice only!
To make it to mid-back and hopefully be at waist by the end of 2011.
No heat for all of 2011 with the exception of my 21st birthday!

patienceneeded
December 16th, 2010, 09:48 PM
My goals are to reach BSL; stop coloring my hair and using heat to style; embrace my natural color and texture. I also want to find the "perfect" haircare routine for my hair.

patienceneeded
December 16th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Dye my hair back to my base (root) color and then STOP coloring my hair. I need to accept my natural color (whatever it is) and the silver strands that are multiplying rapidly.

No trims, other than a very minor amount when I get the final color job from my stylist. Deep condition treatment weekly (currently looking for the perfect overnight deep conditioning treatment).

No Heat. At all. Accept and work with my natural texture.

Wear my hair up to protect it.

GROW!

thatjengirl1
December 16th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Mine :)

-no trims unless absolutely necessary.
and just treat it like i have been is pretty much my plan.

Not dying it at all this year is going to be hard at first, but i think i'll forget about it eventually. I really dont want to. it's so damaging.

So if everything goes right, i'm hoping to have a healthy, U-shaped hemline, hip length hair by december 2011 or sooner (i need about 7 inches)... woo hooo.
i'm excited about 2011, cuz i will finally have hair that i consider long by the middle of it :cheese:

Love23101
December 16th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I want to focus on keeping trimming to a minimum and I want to keep my hair hydrated. :) :cheese:

liagibba
December 16th, 2010, 11:18 PM
I definitely need to commit to protective up-dos at least 3 days a week. Less washing, more stretching the time between washings.

Princess89
December 16th, 2010, 11:45 PM
No trims
No Heat
No dye
&
Lots of TLC!!!!!!!!!!!!

baaaad_kitty
December 17th, 2010, 12:46 AM
I'm gonna get a trim sometime around new year's. Then no trimming until maybe july-ish. My hair's so thinned from last year's haircut and I want the ends to look thicker

californiagirl
December 17th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Stop trimming every 6-8 weeks. I want to finally hit BSL.
Hopefully I can find the willpower.... *crosses fingers*

xladolcevitax
December 17th, 2010, 01:24 AM
no trims, only s&d

no more highlights, only toners/semi permanent colours

learn some good updos

Stop playing with and fiddling with hair
Make it past waist and maybe even to my goal of hip! :cheese:

Mírien
December 17th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Continue with my routine: organic shampoo & conditioner once a week, ACV rinses, coconut oil. :D
I hope to make it to hip until summer.
Only micro trims if necessary, regular S&D.
Learn some nice braids and buns. :cheese:
Buy some new hairtoys...

stinamoo
December 17th, 2010, 02:03 AM
No trimming, I'd like to get to APL by the end of 2011. I'll continue to resist the pull of dye and bleach :D

Night_Kitten
December 17th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I want to stick to my trims plan - in 2011 I plan to trim every 3-4 months to thicken up the ends. The problem is I really hate loosing any length, so it will take some will power to stick with it... :o

janeytilllie
December 17th, 2010, 02:47 AM
My goals for the new year are :)

1) Try to reach hip length full
2) Trim less
3) Learn to dutch braid and crown braid

Mina17
December 17th, 2010, 03:48 AM
My goals are to continue to use as little heat as possible, find the best routine for my hair, and refrain from cutting my bangs. I'm also hoping to grow it to at least APL.

LittleOrca
December 17th, 2010, 03:51 AM
To get my natural hair color to at least APL, conquer the Dutch braid, and try to love my hair as it is even though it is not where I want it to be.

Qadupae
December 17th, 2010, 03:52 AM
My hair goal is to make it past BSL, probably not to waist though, and have my first decent trim using Feye's method. I also want to be able to complete my first braid by myself.

My hair product goal is to purchase my first Ficcare ^_^

Monsterkitti
December 17th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Maintain at waist till Ive trimmed out those layers. No getting tempted to go for hip first :)
Keep up with the vitamins
Up the amount of protien I eat.

julliams
December 17th, 2010, 04:07 AM
I did this last year and it's really great to re-visit at the end of the year and see what you did and didn't do.

Ok so here is my list:
1. No trimming (S & D allowed) until early April 2011 - this will give me one full year without trimming so I can evaluate how much my hair can grow in one year.
2. Continue with current airdrying and only use heat once in a "blue moon"
3. Try to do SMT's regularly
4. Trim about every 3 - 6 months to keep hair healthy and remove all layers.

redneckprincess
December 17th, 2010, 04:08 AM
*Gain more length
*Maybe a small trim (in May/June) to shape up ends
*lots of oil
*lots of protective (and oiled) up do's
Wearing hair down once a week or less
*enjoy!!

Since I am 22/23" (wavy/straight) now, I'm hoping to be 27/28" by 9hristmas 2011

(PS. I also hope to be 20-30 lbs lighter)

Yeesha
December 17th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Mine are:

1. no trimming
2. no new hairtoys
3. no henna.

^^

haibane
December 17th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Grow my hair so it's not see-through at waist. Not sure if I can reach that next year though. Get a bunch of different oils. Maybe learn some new updos, or figure out some other way to keep my hair up/contained more.

xoLegallyAubrey
December 17th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Get to waist and *gasp* stay there!

Mirsha
December 17th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Hit and maintain waist, resist Hennaing while growing out my own haircolour that looks awesomely gray at the moment, grow out damaged ends... nope that's it! I'd be surprised if I didn't hit waist in 2011.

Carina
December 17th, 2010, 06:59 AM
My goals are

*to use all the products I have before I buy new ones :o.
*trim at least twice if my hair needs it.:luke::taz:
*learn new updos.:thumbsup:
*be happy with the hair I've got and eat a healthy balanced diet.:cheese:

MartineG
December 17th, 2010, 07:02 AM
My hope is that by the end of 2011, I'll have virgin hair to my chin. I know it's really short for most of you, but for me, it's the first step towards shoulder and then, APL.
Happy Holidays everyone!

rachelily
December 17th, 2010, 07:07 AM
This is so inspiring! Maybe I'll add some protective styles to my list ... and will only trim every 3-4 months, to thicken up my hemline. No fairy-tale ends for me til I reach my goal length, then the fun can begin.

kettle
December 17th, 2010, 07:17 AM
I want to get to classic, and maintain there. I'm pretty close, I'm somewhere between tailbone and classic now, so hopefully I'll be there in a few months.
After that I'm considering cutting back a bit, but we shall see! I want to enjoy classic for a while first :bluesmile

hairobsessed1
December 17th, 2010, 07:32 AM
1.My aim is to stretch my time between trims, at the moment i trim every 5-6 months and i would love to get to 6-7 months or maybe a little longer.
2. lots of treats for my hair- oils, shea butter etc as my hair loves them.
3. continue with the vitimins.
(aim by dec 2011 is for my hair to be BSL whilst curly/ MBL whilst stretched.)

Lunakitty
December 17th, 2010, 07:39 AM
My resolutions are...
No trimming
More protein and vitamins for growth
Improve moisture
Mid back by summer

rachelily
December 17th, 2010, 07:42 AM
1.My aim is to stretch my time between trims, at the moment i trim every 5-6 months and i would love to get to 6-7 months or maybe a little longer.
2. lots of treats for my hair- oils, shea butter etc as my hair loves them.
3. continue with the vitimins.
(aim by dec 2011 is for my hair to be BSL whilst curly/ MBL whilst stretched.)

I think I will be at BSL by December as well, given trims and whatnot. Woo, one more year!

Vorvolaka
December 17th, 2010, 08:07 AM
*Stop obsessing over my hair so much. Not necessarily the most helpful forum to join for that particular resolution!
*Get to BSL and maintain for a while until some of my layers catch up. Then GROW!
*Learn to trim my own hair to avoid yet more hairdresser disasters.
*Stop jumping on hair growth bandwagons that never work!

NickalNack
December 17th, 2010, 09:34 AM
*edit* oops, wrong thread.

Angeletti
December 17th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I only have 2 resolutions.

1. Have the shortest parts of my hair reach classic (so far only the tip of my V is classic)
2. Since it's been many years since I have trimmed I want to start trimming often after I reach classic so I can maintain my ends, I'm hoping to get rid of the thinness and eventually turn the V into a U shaped hemline.

LunarAurora
December 17th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Mine are (or are supposed to be ^^) :

No trimming
Learning a lot of new hairdos
Taking supplements
Sport ! It makes my hair grow faster so... (and it will be good for my general health too)

Coan-Teen
December 17th, 2010, 10:17 AM
My big one is no trimming. My ends are healthy and I almost never get splits. Hopefully by the end of this year my hair will be long enough to start trying protective updos. And lastly, I will not preemptively buy hairtoys. I will wait until I can use them. I will.

LunarAurora
December 17th, 2010, 10:19 AM
My goal is to reach one meter length ! And having a blunt cut, but that is not sure it will arrive because my hair does not grow very fast these times...

See you in December 2011 ;)

NickalNack
December 17th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Pamper my hair, and take better care of it than I have for the past two years. Patience and length retention are my goals right now, because I want to make the hair overall stronger and thicker. Incorporate protective styling instead of wearing my hair out all the time. Take better care of my ends (I've lost some length... my hair's not as long as it could be).

Unofficial_Rose
December 17th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Stay away from henna and indigo. Lovely at first but always ends up too dark, with no option for changing it when I get fed up with it.

No colourants whatsoever for at least 6 months. No stupid haircuts to get rid off henndigo.

So basically, leave it alone. Sounds easy but it is the one thing I've never managed to do.

principesse
December 17th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Hit midback or and have soft, shiny, thick and healthy hair!

lillylonghair
December 17th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Let's see,I have quite a few goals!

I am doing the no cuts or trims challenge.Which will help me of my next goal to grow out my wretched bangs. Also,I've really been thinking of giving up the henna and indigo and letting my natural color come in.(which means I'll finally be able to prove that yes I am 23 and have white hairs.lol) I'd also like to finally be able to find a shampoo and conditioner that my hair loves.

Oh! And leanr more buns and braids as my hair gets longer!

mellie89
December 17th, 2010, 11:45 AM
My only big one is to avoid the salon. If I just stick to microtrimming, or even a couple well-spaced half-inch trims, I should just be able to make it to waist by next Christmas, which is my goal for now. That would be so awesome!

Synthemesc
December 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Had my last chemical dye in November, so I think no chemical dyes in 2011 (henna and Manic Panic type dyes only) will be a good place to start. Also to use the blowdryer as little as possible and sponge rollers, pincurls etc. only to curl my hair. Once I hit BSL, which should hopefully be in 2011, I'll be treating myself to a Ficcare. :D

nereida
December 17th, 2010, 12:32 PM
My goals for 2011 are:
- to achieve waist length
- to make my diet more balanced
- to buy and take biotin regularly
- to oil my hair at least for 4 hours as often as it's possible
- to learn self trimming
- to learn more hair styles
- to try new oils and henna treatment
and the last - the most important: to be a conquer in my battle against hair loss! :)

Avital88
December 17th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I'm planning on getting a trim when im past hip, and then i want to maintain between hip and tailbone.
I do want to gain as much length as possible, so it will be just microtrims!
Also im not alowed to use so much heat on my hair:p else my ends will just shrink!So my max is once a month flatiron:)Usually only my bangs and front

rachelily
December 17th, 2010, 12:41 PM
With a new year only a couple of weeks away, I was wondering what your goals are, hair wise, for 2011? I`m gonna try not to buy any new hair products before I`ve finished the huge stock I have:), continue with my regular microtrims, not buy any new hairtoys, keep up the good work and hopefully get longer hair :cheese: ( Oh no, I just realized that another member has a similar thread. I hadn`t seen that, I` m so sorry).

Haha no worries on the duplicate thread, the more resolutions the merrier!

CastaDiva
December 17th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Haha no worries on the duplicate thread, the more resolutions the merrier!
rachelily, thank you for taking my "duplication" so well:)

rachelily
December 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM
rachelily, thank you for taking my "duplication" so well:)

No problem! I love reading everyone's resolutions cause it inspires me to add to my own.

chrissy-b
December 17th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I plan to maintain around waist to thicken my hemline and to use up my stash of hair products. Fairly boring goals. :shrug:

Avital88
December 17th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I will do a few microtrims to get a thicker hemline and be at tailbone this time next year. I so cant wait :) Hair grow!!

jeanniet
December 17th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I want to hit waist in 2011--real waist, not stretched--and then maintain for about six months while I trim up the last bit of dry ends. Then, I'm not sure. I don' t think I want to try for classic, but maybe hip or TB. No trimming except for what I do myself, and while I'm maintaining I'll probably do 1/2" trims monthly to get the ends in good shape.

I also want to establish a good herbal routine. I'm getting there, but still have some experimenting to do. I'm not even going to try to say I'll restrict myself on hair toys. That's pretty much a hopeless cause. I'll say that I'll try to sell as much as I buy! :D

Druid of Alba
December 17th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I've grown my hair out from very short, so the layering I have is extremely natural. In fact, it literally IS natural. All the hairs on my head are the same length. I really like this, and I think this natural layering will look good, moreso the longer my hair is. I want to get my hair trimmed in May, about half an inch off, as May will make one full year since my last haircut. I want one half inch trimmed off all over to keep my awesome layers, I don't want any parts cut shorter than another.

rachelily
December 17th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I will do a few microtrims to get a thicker hemline and be at tailbone this time next year. I so cant wait :) Hair grow!!

Ooh how exciting!

ddiana1979
December 17th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Dare I hope to get to waist?!? My hair is currently growing about 1" per month, and I haven't tried using MN yet.

Continue with my 1 trim per year plan, as long as I don't notice an increase in splits (I very, very rarely get them now).

Find a cleaning & conditioning routine that really works for my hair (still experimenting a lot right now).

Experiment with more hairstyles, so I have a wide variety of updo possibilities.

Buy MORE hairtoys! :D

Rocket22
December 17th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Goal for 2011: to be 24” end of January, puts me below bsl. To be 26.5” by end of June which would be the longest my hair has ever been (big milestone for me) and by this time next year be at waist 29" and for once and all give up my extensions!!

I want to continue to do what I have learned here on LHC (oils, no heat, air dry, viniger, etc) and learn more! and figure out how to do pretty up do’s and try and like my hair up more.

bluesnowflake
December 17th, 2010, 02:41 PM
1. More often deep conditioning! It makes my hair feel so nice but I don't do it often enough
2. More updos! I don't wear it up often enough but it would protect my hair more
3. Getting a satin pillowcase/cap to keep hair from tangling- currently I bun at night but sometimes it falls out.

sweet*things
December 17th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I am just barely at my goal length of TB, so in 2011 I would love to maintain that length and thicken up my hemline and continue improving my overall condition.

Sweet_Decadence
December 17th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I'm really hoping to hit BSL by the end of next year. That might be hopeful thinking though. Thats my only hair related goal.

Octave
December 17th, 2010, 03:54 PM
During 2011 I'm aiming to:
- Not do any trims at least until April(cut it shoulder length then). Just to see how long my hair has grown during 1 year.
- Do S&D more thoroughly, even if I rarely get any split ends.
- Hopefully reach waist!
- Improve my braiding skills
- and learn a lot more about haircare :)

LaurelSpring
December 17th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Im mostly happy with my routine so I want to just keep doing what Im doing. I am going to go no trim for awhile and see how my ends do. I am always looking for the perfect shampoo and I just had a great experience with Indian herbs and catnip so I want to continue to tweak that. It would be great to finally find a non sls non citric acid way to shampoo that works and is all natural.

I also want to tone back down my henna mix so I am back to a more natural dark blondish gray transition. I want it to look more natural than crazy red now.

Continue to expand on my updos. No bang cutting!! I think I am finally over the bang hump. Its only taken me 40 years to get there. I keep looking in the mirror thinking ...nope not again.

PrincessTieflin
December 17th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Mine would be to hold off as long as possible before a trim, at least till May.
To not buy any new toys until I have used the ones I have at least once.
Keep up the Henna.. I am loving Henna thus far.
No chemicals.

sarahramen
December 17th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Hair resolutions for 2011
*learn more updos and braids and ACTUALLY WEAR THEM FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME
*get to waist
*buy a hair toy
*do s&d more frequently and maybe learn feye’s self trim method
just keep learning and experimenting and generally being hair obsessed!:D

Mamakash
December 17th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I'm hopefully going to keep up a goal I started this month . . . massage with Vatika before my bi weekly co wash. Not too sure what I'll see as a result of it, but I am hoping a bit more thickness. I'm starting to like the smell of it and the massage is a treat! Closer to spring, I think I'll cut back to BSL. Or slightly longer.
I think I've made so many positive changes as a result of LHC this past year! My thanks to everyone!

GeeLove
December 17th, 2010, 06:36 PM
1. no new hair products until I've exhausted my current stash.
2. grow, retain, grow, retain, grow, retain as much as possible
3. pray and dance to the gods of thicker hair for thicker hair.

GeeLove
December 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM
oh, i also wanna experiment more and get more creative w/ my style. for the past year or so, i've only done buns. i want to not be afraid to let the window blow through my curls.

EleanorRigby
December 17th, 2010, 07:43 PM
My goals are healthy hair, and reach BSL!

thatjengirl1
December 17th, 2010, 10:24 PM
No trims til at least June.

i need 6 inches to be at hip.
I hope to be hip by The end of the year..:D

Talma
December 17th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I think my hair goal is to increase moisture and reduce excessive shedding. I just found out that my hair is now MBL (just below my bra strap) instead of APL when I flat ironed my hair for the first time in 3 years (posting pics soon)...so if I can keep it moisturized and sheddy-free maybe I can reach WL by this time next year. *fingers crossed*:tongue:

owlathena
December 17th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Goals:
No trims in 2011(last trim was a couple days ago; I'll still S&D)
Wear it up more/get some hair toys
Reach waist and hopefully beyond

boomtownrat
December 17th, 2010, 11:18 PM
My goals are to grow it at least past my shoulders (maybe even APL, as it grows pretty fast once I get past chin) by the end of the year and make my silvers shine as brightly as possible, while keeping it healthy. With the coconut oil shampoo, that hopefully won't be difficult.

christine1989
December 18th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I'm hoping for waist in 2011. Since my hair grows pretty quickly and I only have 4- 5 inches to go I should make it there for sure :). I also really want a bright purple lotus ficcare for my birthday in January. I will also continue to micro trim as necissary because I just love the feel of nice ends.

CarpeDM
December 18th, 2010, 09:52 AM
1 and only: Gain six inches of growth

Braidy
December 18th, 2010, 10:27 AM
My resolutions are:
1) get rid of my layers little by little
2) as few haircuts as possible!
3) reach waist lenght by this time next year

I dunno if that last one is realistic though. I'm at 22,3 inches right now and I would have to get to 27,5 inches. Can you ad 5 inches in a year? I really don't have a clue...

ooo
December 18th, 2010, 12:49 PM
My resolutions are:
1) learn updos
2) lern braiding
3) take good care of my hair, but don't do too much :)

Braidy
December 18th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Learn to braid! That's a good one too! I tried a French braid today but I had to give up after a few strands cause my arms got stiff and my hair kept on popping out. :justy:

Naughtalee
December 18th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Koots I think Ill be borrowing your New Years resolution, sounds like something I can actually stick to. :)

dreamsofthewind
December 18th, 2010, 01:23 PM
1. no trims all year (only S&D)
2. start oiling
3. wear more updos!!!
4. no heat (I already avoid heat at all costs, but occasionally I break down and blowdry if I am really in a rush)
5. reach tbl
6. and just generally avoid damage at all costs, especially since I won't be trimming.

Dreams_in_Pink
December 18th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Reaching waist. That'd be epic.

PraiseCheeses
December 18th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Great idea for a thread! Let's see....:writer:

Learn French and Dutch braiding techniques and become competent. I can't braid to save my life right now, and I'd better start working on it if I want to be able to do some of my favorite updos later.

No cuts! I already joined the "No Trims in 2011" thread, but I'm not going to be able to get in the last trim before the end of the year like I wanted; I'm working with a badly uneven chop now and don't know if I can deal with it for a whole year. So: one tiny trim in January is allowed, S&D is allowed, dustings are allowed, but NO CUTS!:patrol:

Learn to wear headscarves in a manner such that I am comfortable and confident.

Minimize my product collection. Give away what I know I will never use again. Try to go as organic as possible.

Go without straightening my hair for a couple weeks at least. Learn to work with the curls.

This isn't so much a resolution because there are no guarantees for these sorts of things, but I would love to gain at least 8 inches this year. With my growth rate it's entirely possible - and that would put me soooo close to goal! :cheese:

rachelily
December 18th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Great idea for a thread! Let's see....:writer:

Learn French and Dutch braiding techniques and become competent. I can't braid to save my life right now, and I'd better start working on it if I want to be able to do some of my favorite updos later.

No cuts! I already joined the "No Trims in 2011" thread, but I'm not going to be able to get in the last trim before the end of the year like I wanted; I'm working with a badly uneven chop now and don't know if I can deal with it for a whole year. So: one tiny trim in January is allowed, S&D is allowed, dustings are allowed, but NO CUTS!:patrol:

Learn to wear headscarves in a manner such that I am comfortable and confident.

Minimize my product collection. Give away what I know I will never use again. Try to go as organic as possible.

Go without straightening my hair for a couple weeks at least. Learn to work with the curls.

This isn't so much a resolution because there are no guarantees for these sorts of things, but I would love to gain at least 8 inches this year. With my growth rate it's entirely possible - and that would put me soooo close to goal! :cheese:

I'd love to learn to wear headscarves too! Women who wear them always look so chic!

patienceneeded
December 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Deep condition weekly! Going to try the SMT tonight!

nowxisxforever
December 18th, 2010, 10:50 PM
I guess, after so many years at LHC, my resolution has gradually come into place, and it's simple:

Relax.

It's not as crazy-important as it feels. I go through periods of time where I practice benign neglect, and periods where I'm super interested and babying my hair. It's ultimately the same regardless.

PraiseCheeses
December 19th, 2010, 01:42 AM
I'd love to learn to wear headscarves too! Women who wear them always look so chic!

Have you seen the threads about them, or the social group? I'm thinking about joining (certainly at least the thread). My hesitation comes from trying to find a happy medium between "chic" and "religious." Your observation is absolutely correct - there's usually a "Hollywood-incognito chic" look to a woman wearing a headscarf for fashion. Either that, or they clearly belong to a conservative religious group. I'm a very casual dresser and feel funny going for the Hollywood-chic look because it's entirely outside of my personality and style, and if I cover using one of the religious styles I worry about offending someone who actually belongs to that religion, as I clearly do not. This is why it's a 2011 project for me. :) You should definitely post to the boards if you find something that works for you!

rachelily
December 19th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Have you seen the threads about them, or the social group? I'm thinking about joining (certainly at least the thread). My hesitation comes from trying to find a happy medium between "chic" and "religious." Your observation is absolutely correct - there's usually a "Hollywood-incognito chic" look to a woman wearing a headscarf for fashion. Either that, or they clearly belong to a conservative religious group. I'm a very casual dresser and feel funny going for the Hollywood-chic look because it's entirely outside of my personality and style, and if I cover using one of the religious styles I worry about offending someone who actually belongs to that religion, as I clearly do not. This is why it's a 2011 project for me. :) You should definitely post to the boards if you find something that works for you!

Ooh good info! And I know exactly what you mean by Hollywood vs religious styles. I am a fashion major so hopefully I'll find a trick up my sleeve to getting this to work - I'll let you know how it goes! And I will check out some threads, thanks! Let me know if you have any luck :)

JuneBride
December 19th, 2010, 04:58 PM
My resolutions so far:

1. Use less heat.

That's as far as I have gotten ;)

Synthemesc
December 19th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Well, if my current goal length is 6 inches away (I say current because I'm almost entirely sure that I want to try and reach classic), then my resolution is to acheive that goal. By any means necessary :P

jojo
December 19th, 2010, 07:03 PM
For me

1) continue to oil ends daily and bun:)
2) no trimming until Nov 2011:)
3) get to 36":pray: which is nearly TB for me, I will settle for hip though:cool:
4) continue to henna, glosses only though as ive reached my ideal colour
4) totally ignore my hair and stop being so obsessional about it (yeah right:p)
5) contiinue with my vitamins :)
6) learn more wearable buns :)
7) learn how to lace braid ( i think thats what its called:confused:)

rachelily
December 19th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Haha I need to stop obsessing over my hair too.

Adding one: to do a clarifying baking soda cleanse every week or two weeks followed by a DT then an ACV rinse for the curls. Haven't done one of those in ages!

owlathena
December 19th, 2010, 08:34 PM
1. no trims until 2012(just S&D)
2. more updos
3. less shampoo
4. work out more (just to be healthy in general, but also to help circulation)

GROW! GROW!! GROW!!!

Vapunzel91
December 19th, 2010, 10:21 PM
1) My roommate is amazing with styling her hair even if her's is currently short. So my hope is to make her a video of all the hairstyles she does on me that she could use as a reference if she wants a non-desk job this summer.

2) Since I'm currently THRILLED to have my hair going rainbow on New Year's Eve... I want to try a french braid, a sock bun, and a few other hairstyles that look "constant" with my R-A-I-N-B-O-W HAIR!!!!!! I can't wait to see it.

3) Even though I am taking a break on the whole growing hair because I feel like it isn't going anywhere, I would still like my hair to grow as close to five inches if my hair sees possible (with bleach still around).

GrowingGlory
December 21st, 2010, 04:01 PM
1) Use my new Mason Pearson Large Extra 100% Boar Bristle Brush (SQUEE!!) every morning
2) Avoid hair cuts, trims, dustings, search and destroy missions completely
3) Protect my hair
4) Move toward NW/SO (perhaps leap toward it if the brush works as well as anticipated)
5) Really enjoy my hair

jaine
December 21st, 2010, 05:19 PM
Vitamins & no trimming for me. Keeping it simple! My hair's probably going to look like a misshapen mess by January 2011 ...I'm definitely looking forward to a professional trim at my favorite salon in January 2011 to get it shaped up.

Sammich
December 21st, 2010, 05:58 PM
Waist again perhaps? LOL!
Long shot from shoulder, but... perhaps... perhaps not. ;)

ALSO, No trimming till December!

fairy_ends_girl
December 21st, 2010, 06:09 PM
My Goals for 2011:
Reach waist.
Learn braiding techniques.
Start vitamins
Drink more water daily
Keep doing s&d only
Try monistat for a month.

Copasetic
December 21st, 2010, 06:50 PM
Two things: I am going to try to be better about buying products. This means using up all of a product before I move on to a new one, and using coupons more often.

Second, my goal is to get to waist-length while curly by the end of 2011. I think it is totally doable :)

IvySchex
December 21st, 2010, 07:02 PM
Hmmm... Goals for 2011? I think would like my hair to be tail bone length. Before I found this forum, I would not expect to reach this length, but now that I am working at protecting my ends and moisturizing my hair, I think it will grow faster.

Also, to get a silk pillow case.

And to find a great way to get curls with no heat.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Ivy

MandaMom2Three
December 21st, 2010, 07:03 PM
I would like to find a routine I can stick with and I hope to be at LEAST BSL if not a bit longer.

lacefrost
December 21st, 2010, 07:13 PM
For 2011

-I'd love to reach WL but at the very least be BSL
-no trims until November/December (S&D only)
-grow out these damn layers, jeeze
-get down a consistent regimen (figure out a conditioner, try monistat regularly)
-decide if I'm going to dye my bangs in the summer months
-figure out if it is possible to a) wear my hair out b) wear it in a ponytail curly c) have my curls clump on their own (just generally to be able to show off my curls in their normal curlyness without taking 335434 hours to define them)
-and just keep my hair up (preferably without hairbands, see if I can actually use hair sticks,

fairy_ends_girl
December 21st, 2010, 07:31 PM
oh i forgot 1 important goal!

Grow out these horrible short bangs!! i thought i would cute in side swept bangs....wrong!

megpeg
December 21st, 2010, 07:42 PM
- Figure out a wash routine that works for me....
- No unnecessary cutting of the hair (I'm usually one to go in for a "trim" every 6-8 weeks because that is what I have done since I was younger) I'm new with the whole S&D thing.
- Really LOVE to get to BSL with beautiful full hair and continue on to waist-length
- Grow out some of my annoying layers...

Kome
December 21st, 2010, 07:57 PM
My goal is to hit waist and then to trim evenly to a thick hemline and then continue growing. I will hit waist by summer or sooner, but I want it all even and thick and that length.

Also... I plan on doing more deep treatments with home recipes. I'd like to fit that in. :)

turquoisebud
December 21st, 2010, 08:10 PM
My Hair Goals for this next year:
1. Keep hair healthy.
2. Find a routine that works for me.
3. Hopefully reach waist by the end of next year, if not at least BSL.
4. No trims if possible, only S&D. :eye:
5. Buy a nice pretty hair stick (I make most of mine)
So yeah, pretty big list for a beginner. But I must keep pressing forward!:horse:

Lune d'Loup
December 21st, 2010, 08:58 PM
here are my resolutions for 2011.

1. trim around feb. 2011 to even hemline.

2. after feb. trim will not trim or cut until i reach BSL.

3. begin using catnip rinses once a week.

4. do a deep moisture treatment about once a week as needed.

5. start using a natural shampoor instead of a conventional shampoo.

6. experiement to not detangle my hair wet. wait until dry and see how difficult it is to detangle dry.

7. have more patience while growing my hair.

jujube
December 21st, 2010, 09:52 PM
1. Determining if I want to use cones or not.
2. Finding some go-to products.
3. Finding a routine.
4. Not trimming until no more snow is left on the ground.
5. Keeping my hair healthy, length is not important for the moment.

Smile4Kiki
December 21st, 2010, 09:53 PM
My hair goals for 2011 are:
-not trim until April (s&d when necessary)
-reach apl hopefully by June
-continue not using heat
-smt more regularly

Kaeita
December 21st, 2010, 10:07 PM
I joined less than 2 weeks ago, and at the time I set my goal for BSL by this time next year, based on my growth this year. Since then, my hair has grown 3cm (1cm per 4 days), so my new projections show me getting waistlength by mid-June next year! Which would put me at mid-thigh by this time next year. Somehow I don't see that happening, but I'm open to possibilities!

I'm still reading through information, so lots of experimenting going on. I want to learn to do updo's, and different types of braids, so I can do away with ponytails, as the elastics ruin my hair. Overall my hair health is good. I do want to trim it to a blunt hemline (still growing out the layers I told the hairdresser I didn't want!), but need to convince myself not to just chop it all off. Must remember possibilities of rapid growth.

naturegirl321
December 22nd, 2010, 01:27 AM
I'm going to stop cutting my hair. I just chopped by classic length hair to chin length when I moved earlier this year. I regret is. arg. I think I wanted to get rid of everything Peru-ish, so my hair went with it. My husband's not too happy with short hair, nor am I. So I'm hoping to not trim and just let it grow. Hopefully we'll get pregnant in 2011, so that should help with hair growth! :)

hanne jensen
December 22nd, 2010, 01:32 AM
My hair goals for 2011 are:

Healthy hair
Reach 79 cm. which is about waist on me
Learn new updos so I don't look so frumpy

Happy Growing everyone!

naturegirl321
December 22nd, 2010, 02:31 AM
baking soda and ACV rinses
CO washes
weekly deep conditioning treatments
hennaing
no trimming.

DuckyDot
December 22nd, 2010, 05:33 AM
1. Limit of 2 trims in 2011 (After I reach APL)
2. Oil hair 2x per week
3. Take Vitamins (They are in drawer gathering dust)
4. Find Coconut oil
5. More Deep Treatments (The last one I did only lasted for 1 day my hair was so dry!!)
6. Learn how to do ONE french braid and ONE dutch braid on hair! (I can only do two at a time)
7. Keep to resolutions!

Felix_D
December 22nd, 2010, 07:10 AM
Good thread! Here's mine:

Get a silk or satin pillowcase
Ditch the blowdryer
Ditch the brush (comb only)
Keep experimenting to increase thickness and growth rate

PineappleJello
December 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
My resolutions are:
1) get rid of my layers little by little
2) as few haircuts as possible!
3) reach waist lenght by this time next year

I dunno if that last one is realistic though. I'm at 22,3 inches right now and I would have to get to 27,5 inches. Can you ad 5 inches in a year? I really don't have a clue...

I've grown 7 inches(and cut off 2) in the last 9 months, so it should be possible :)

Kristin
December 22nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
1. Keep growing! Right now I'm passing waist and should be to hip by late Spring; theoretically, I could probably get to hip this year, but I haven't committed to growing that long- yet.
2. Continue careful handling (no plastic tools, no heat styling, protective styling, satin pillowcase, etc...).
3. Continue oiling and CO most days. I really think switching to CO improved the softness of my hair over the summer. Coconut oil, as well as several others have softened my dry and ends and strengthened my hair.
4. Continue taking vitamins.
5. Learn and actually wear more fun updos. I find that I get bored with my hair since I don't play with it enough. Learning more styles will help prevent a chop.
6. Also, more scalp massages. They feel great and improve scalp circulation!
7. Oh, and keep using hendigo. :)

tinti
December 22nd, 2010, 11:46 AM
1. Wear hair up more often, even though it looks like crap with layers everywhere.
2. Continue with ACV, Coconut oil, CO, careful handling etc.
3. Reach hip in early spring
4. Stop obsessing over layers (yeah right:p)

ancilla
December 22nd, 2010, 11:51 AM
I'd like to reach my ideal, (finally, after growing out for three years!) of tailbone. I'm at hip now, so it shouldn't be too hard. I'll need to thicken up my ends a lot too, so once I reach tailbone I will just maintain.

I think I need to establish a trimming and henna schedule this year too, because it was too easy for me to forget when I got busy.

ScarlettAdelle
December 22nd, 2010, 12:41 PM
1) get as close to my 45" goal as humanly possible

2)take biotin & diatomaceous earth every morning

3)no color whatsoever in any way, shape or form

4)begin oiling my ends

5)self trims of about 1/2" every 4 months only, no exceptions

6) stop fighting with my curls, let gravity act as it sees fit

7) no heat styling, save for trim days

8) finally kick my unconscious hair pulling when I'm nervous or stressed habit. Remember, self, thou shalt not pull.

yellowchariot
December 22nd, 2010, 12:57 PM
rachelily, this is a great idea for a thread!

I honestly can't tell that you have damage in your hair and it looks healthy to me :shrug:

I guess my hair resolution is just to maintain what I do have, and continue to grow to 30". ETA will be April/May.

I am trying out a new type of shampoo formulated for men called Folicure. I can tell that it is starting to add volume and extra thicker texture on top of my scalp :cheese: :D

I will say that I am blow-drying more often than what I normally would, due to the winter season, as compared to the summer. I don't like being cold and walking around with a wet head! However, I think I can live with that.

daemonwildcat
December 22nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
What a great thread idea to help me focus :)

1. Get a light trim (second in 4 1/2 years) and keep up with S&D!!
2. Wear my hair up more often, and oiled in the winter. I've been getting lazy about both, and paying for it :(
3. Henna more than once a year! I last hennaed in may and wow do I have roots.
4. Get back in the habit of vitamins. I switched brands and I don't like the new ones so I haven't been taking them.

utdesertrunner
December 22nd, 2010, 05:00 PM
Like a lot of you, to not trim until 2012. Wear it up as much as possible and hopefully to gain about 8 inches!

McFearless
December 22nd, 2010, 10:47 PM
1. Find out what my hair truly likes. I've experimented with everything and nothing has really made any significant improvement in the health of my hair.
2. No dye.
3. Learn new hair styles.

heynormy
December 22nd, 2010, 11:33 PM
So basically I'm making January 1, 2011 the official start to my hair growth journey!
I know I've been here for awhile now, and I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but I really want long healthy hair!!!
Which means:
1. No heat. Just put the curling irons, blow dryer and straightener down. Now back away.
2. No cutting. Only minor trims, twice a year at most.
3. Grow out my bangs. I'm tired of having horns in morning.
4. No coloring. Not even henna.
5. Sulphate free is the way to be.
6. Continue to embrace the wave.
7. Vitamins. Perhaps, but biotin makes me break out, so maybe flax or fish oil, or even a good multi.
8. Exercise.
9. Enjoy the journey! :)

Gilly
December 23rd, 2010, 12:38 AM
I am going to try and get to BSL, I think I should be able to get there finally!!:cheese:

pennyroyal
December 23rd, 2010, 12:48 AM
My hair goals for 2011-

no trimming

henndigo

grow to at least BSL

learn more pretty updos as my hair gets long enough

start oil treatments

Ana-Laura
December 23rd, 2010, 12:55 AM
My goals are to avoid cutting, improve health of my hair and reduce layers. Dusting is ok as long as I really need it.

Venefica
December 23rd, 2010, 01:19 AM
I hope to reach classic length by the end of 2011. My hair touch my butt now so there is a good chance that I will make that. I also hope to find something which can clear up my scalp exema once and for all, it do not damage my hair but it makes it hard to have buns as the scalp get very sensitive. I also hope to learn to use hair sticks properly to create some more interesting hairdos.

lesbia
December 23rd, 2010, 01:31 AM
For the end of 2011 i wish i could reach tailbone :) and i wish i could light my hair with honey or lemon juice...

for the next year i promise i will always have patience with my hair: i will comb them slowly, i will let them dry without blow dry them, and so on...

good year of grow to everyone :)

Venefica
December 23rd, 2010, 01:40 AM
1) When I am in depressive periods I want to stop just letting my hair go and not brush it so that I get huge tangles which takes days to fix.

2) Eating more vegetables to get more nutrients to the hair.

3) Learn more occult methods to enhance my hair.

4) Get better with hair sticks so I can make some nice buns and not just go for my regular braid all the time.

5) Reach classical length.

rena
December 23rd, 2010, 01:46 AM
More oiling! Both for the outside and inside! And also more carefull handling. I still hear a few too many *snap snaps* when I'm detangling. :eek: Adopting healthier habits like excercising (I read thats great for circulation which is great for hair growth) and eating better foods and drinking MUCH more water than I do already is also a must. I plan to tackle this goal of mine from the inside out! ;)

May the next year bring you all much hair-piness!

Ishje
December 23rd, 2010, 01:48 AM
this is my list:

- learn to brush better to avoid breakage.
- make and use a hair mask every month.
- eat better
- trim once in a while for thicker ends.
- do acv and baking soda rince every other week.

Mírien
December 23rd, 2010, 02:55 AM
1. continue with natural hair care: organic poo & conditioner, ACV, coconut oil
2. more exercise for growth and general health
3. better eating and continue with taking vitamins

Happy growing for the new year to all LHCers! :cheese:

hairobsessed1
December 23rd, 2010, 04:34 AM
reach BSL whilst curly, Mid back length when stretched :)

Meridon
December 23rd, 2010, 04:40 AM
I want to learn to take better care of my hair by checking out all your fantastic tips and tricks on here, and learn how to do some of the fantastic updos you all do! I also want to try and avoid trims, but I might have to have some while I grow out silly layers. I'm not too fussed about gaining much length as long as I grow out some layers so that I can do a neater braid and such.

Good luck everyone, I hope you're all successful with what you want to do!

Centifolia
December 23rd, 2010, 04:49 AM
-Grow to waist while dry
- ' to tailbone stretched
-S&D at least twice
-Find out the perfect routine (almost there!)

And a lot of benign neglect.

Little_Bird
December 23rd, 2010, 05:06 AM
My goal for 2011 is to achieve the damn hard to get there lenght of CLASSIC LENGHT!!! GAAH let me get there already :p

After that is a whole new journey to blunt ends, but that's another story...

I hope we all achieve our 2011 goals :flowers:

Athena's Owl
December 23rd, 2010, 08:35 AM
I'm going to trim my ends regularly this year, maintaining between tailbone and hip when wet.

Henrietta
December 23rd, 2010, 09:39 AM
I am going to trim only 4 times in a year, take good care about my ends, i.e. keep them under a coat of coconut oil as often as possible, grow past waist finally, be more creative when it comes to putting it up, which means no more LWBuns ten days in a row :)

Fadedbluedreams
December 23rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
I'm hoping for APL by next December. I'll probably trim it in April (since that was when my last one was).

rachelily
December 25th, 2010, 08:45 PM
New goal: figure out this oil shampoo thing.

JudeInStitches
December 25th, 2010, 09:23 PM
1) Continue to take Hair, Skin & Nails Vitamin regularly (I just re-began taking them again, they really helped clear my face, and help my hair grow in the past)
2) Find an actual hair cut that suits me (My hair has really grown to one length with micro cuts, but one length really doesn't suit me)
3)Begin eating healthier so I can become healthier and get healthier hair.
4) Re-start working out like I used to.

:)

TheObscure
December 26th, 2010, 05:59 AM
My goal for length is to make some progress. I don't care how much inch wise, as long as there is some. Im mostly concerned with maintaining that health since that's what usually thwarts my length goals. I figure once that is taken care of, the growth will happen in time.

I also want to learn to french braid my own hair since, embarrassingly enough, I can't do it! It would make my life soooo much easier if I could. I can plait like a pro, but braiding just never happened for me. Woe! =P

soapstone
December 26th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Try to balance protective treatments/updos with enjoying the slowly growing length.
Still have yet to try the coconut and shampoo method.

Medievalmaniac
December 26th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Well, I did no trims in 2010, and have been on the hairtoy wagon (excepting three for Christmas that I picked out and bought for DH to give me:D) so 2011 will consist of :

1. a series of micro trims to clean up my hemline - I'm considering one in each season - January, April, August and November - at present.

2. Wearing my hair DOWN a little more often - I have worn updos just about every day since I joined LHC, and what's the point of having awesomely long hair if you don't enjoy it?

3. Henna gloss 4-6 times, mainly for new gray coverage because the color has lasted so beautifully on the length.

4. learning new updos and how to braid properly.

5. Getting firmly to TBL and hopefully working on towards Classic (I know, I know, I said TBL was my ultimate goal - but hey, who DOESN'T change that goal after being here for a while?! lol :p)

Tiina
December 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM
My goal is to have at least chin-length virgin hair (currently at about ears) and to cut off the dye entirely by the end of 2011.

beez1717
December 26th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I want to move on from apl to bel and beyond. That would make me proud!

LadyG
December 26th, 2010, 11:32 AM
MY goal is to reach waist length by the end of 2011. Then I will begin to cut off the last 4 inches that had been thinned at my last haircut in March of 2010.
No more hair color.
Begin to lighten the hair dye in my hair and go naturally white. (scary for me)
Learn how to braid my hair beside a 3 strand braid. (no, my mom wasn't into hair care, besides frying our hair with home perms so she could have curly haired girls)

xoxophelia
December 26th, 2010, 01:22 PM
-No trims until April (except S&D on a rare basis and one very small dusting if really needed)
-Protect carefully from the sun for one more year during summer to try to keep the faded dye blended decently well with roots
-Reach hip by the end of 2011 and/or maintain at hip until end of 2011
-No heat styling at all for the whole year. This means better planning 100% of the time

TinaDenali
December 26th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I'm going to continue with microtrims and work toward using completely natural products.

I want to try soap nuts and ACV rinses instead of shampoo/conditioner.

Mountaingrrl
December 26th, 2010, 02:07 PM
-Get good, non-damaging hair toys and stop using anything else.
-Find someone I can trust to do microtrims.
-Deal with the hard water situation somehow.
-Seven inches of growth in 2011.

Robbi Dehlinger
December 26th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Grow, gorw, gorwo and grwo some more:)

jel
December 26th, 2010, 02:32 PM
After reaching my "ultimate" goal, TBL, almost a year ago, I spent most of 2010 thinking about cutting back to waist.
Well, in the mean time, my hair has grown half way to classic! :D So, my 2011 goal is classic length...

Anywhere
December 26th, 2010, 02:38 PM
to decrease shedding, thicken up my hemline, learn the best way to control my curls(wurls?), and to have decent, tb length hair. Hopefully my shortest layer (currently at BSL) will be able to make it to waist.

Gabriel
December 26th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I found my 2010 goals. Didn't do too bad with them.

In 2010 I did all of them except for trying soap nuts which I'm rather un-inclined to try this year since I'm content with my routine.

This year I will try to:
1. Keep on exercising and eating right.
2. Keep taking the vitamins and supplements that have shown to help with hair growth/health.
3. Grow towards finger tip length.
4. Decide if I want to dust every season to thicken my hemline and either commit to doing it or not.
5. Continue my good hair habits.
6. Try actually wearing braids this year.
7. Wear my hair loose at least a couple of times a month.

lilravendark
December 26th, 2010, 04:18 PM
hair goals 2011 no trim and hopefully will reach close to or past mid back.

Elspeth30
December 26th, 2010, 05:51 PM
1) Start taking ACV daily again.

2) Be more creative with styles again.

3) Check in here more often. ;)

Kaijah
December 26th, 2010, 05:58 PM
> Start trimming. I was lazy and didn't care enough to trim out layers last year, but I think now it's time.
> Maintain around hip-ish length.
> Do some styles other than a cinnabun, figure 8, or English braid. xD
> Condition, condition, oil, condition, oil. Oil some more. Maybe remember to do some DTs.

esmay
December 27th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Let's see...
To do microtrims on the New Moon to start eliminating these tattery razor cut ends
To keep my sticks and clips more organized
To stop twirling & twiddling with it when it's down!
To use up my products
To be at waist by this time next year:grin:

Stormy1
December 27th, 2010, 12:18 PM
2011 Hair goals

1) Continue to focus on growth & health --- micro trims only as needed
2) Experiment more often with new do's
3) Use only seamless combs
4) Air dry only

Shield31
December 27th, 2010, 01:21 PM
My 2011 resolution is easy for me. I resolve to not get my hair cut, except for a slight trim, again this year :scissors:.

I resolve to embrace and enjoy my greys as they become more numerous :magic: .
And I resolve to keep supporting other long-hair folks around here and in the "mane" world :cheer: !

Peace throughout the land in 2011:puppy::smooch:

IvySchex
December 27th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I can't think of much, but I do want:

Tailbone length hair within a year.

And to learn a lot of updos with hair sticks!

Ivy

Magicknthenight
December 27th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Hum! Well I remember writing my 2010 resolutions. Don't think i ever went through with them..:o
They were mainly just to try new things though. I did lots of SMT's, heavy oiling, wearing my hair up, and taking vitamins for years now. I kinda stopped the SMT's and vitamins when i moved in with DBF and he lost his job. We're living with some friends so i can't take up the bathroom or walk around in a shower cap and robe like i did at home.
Lets see..realistically..I would like to restart the vitamins. I took them for so long its a shame i stopped but i just couldn't afford them. Hopefully they will take effect quickly. However we do eat more of a variety over here..not always healthy..but a good portion of it is. Keep oiling. Don't over wash (I tend to do that over here..since someone is always in the bathroom i try and get a shower in there when ever i can).
Keep wearing it up. I can't find my comb arg! Wish i knew where it was. To be gentle even if I'm being rushed -_-
I wore it up most of the time these past few months with everything happening and it seems to have grown a lot. So to not obsess over length because that makes it take forever. To keep using my cone free/sulfate free favorite products. I would like to save up to buy a Ficcare...I had one before but i lost it in the fire a while back. That last one is just kind of a wish hah! I've been putting my hair up a lot when its wet over here...
I guess just basically to keep doing what I'm doing and start taking vitamins again...while not getting impatient with it. I can't believe this year has passed already! My 1 big regret is that i couldn't find rides to my classes..and the bus took from 9 am to 5 pm..when my classes were at noon. So i ended up missing too much and eventually stopped going. Random note. Hope i can fix that someday. Their was just too much going on at the time. I may or may not trim this year. I have done the no trims for a year thing which turned into an even longer time then that. I know i could..However with the length I'm getting at if i feel the need to trim i will. Good luck everyone with your resolutions ^_^

GuardGirl
December 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Since I cut my hair off two months ago to 18.5", my hair has grown out to 20". My New Year's Resolutions:
1) Deep condition at least 2x a week
2) Color my hair blonde instead of bleaching it (ok, still bad but I'm only 24 and already going grey- I'm just not ready for it!)
3) Trim every 10-12 weeks just 1/8-1/4" to reach top BSL of 25" ASAP! :)
4) Baby my ends so they will reach waist one day without a lot of hassle

JuneBride
December 27th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Put a towel on my back and let the hair drip onto the towel (instead of twisting it up in the towel)
Use my less heat; stop flat-ironing.
CO only; and cut it down to every other day.
Trim in May and November.

kiwiipop
December 27th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Let's see! I'd love to 1. stop trimming so often when I really don't need to and 2. stop using heat. That last one is a pretty lofty goal considering the frizzy mess my hair naturally dries into, but I'm going to try! You girls and guys here are so inspirational. :o

Vani1902
December 27th, 2010, 08:18 PM
1. no harsh chemicals
2. continue to use oil
3. buy more hair toys
3. reach goal length (unstretched)
4. take my daily vitamins

Amarth
December 27th, 2010, 09:10 PM
1. Deep treatments at least once a week
2. Switch to all natural products
3. Find a protective style that doesn't look silly on me
4. Grow my dumb-looking shorter layers out to APL (my haircut looks good with straight hair, but I stopped straightening 4 months ago and I need a curly haircut eventually)

rosek
December 27th, 2010, 09:25 PM
1. Keep up with not trimming.
2. Stop buying so much conditioner.
3. Collect a few more hairtoys.
4. Grow to my next milestone!

LovelyL
December 28th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Sew myself a satin pillow case - and while I'm at it I've been fantasizing about fleece winter bedding, so make that too!

Learn more updo styles like the french/dutch braids

Buy jojoba oil, not so sure I get on with the coconut smell

Decorate some chopsticks to use as hairsticks (I've got some leftover peacock feathers from a previous project that want to sit in my hair :cool: and learn how to make the Kanzashi flowers that Geisha/Maiko wear)

SilvraShadows
December 28th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Mine are not to trim this coming year.

Remember to take my vitas and supplements.

Drink more water.

Shampoo less, condition more.

Enjoy what I have while I have it.

Happy New Year :beercheer: !!! Be safe.

Fufu
December 28th, 2010, 04:52 AM
1. Grow my hair to BSL. probably reach in 3 to 5 months time.
2. Continue weekly hair treatment :)
3. Intensive salon hair treatment every 2 months
4. Purchase more pretty hair accessories
5. Pondering on perming my hair or leave my hair naturally straight

LoversLullaby
December 29th, 2010, 10:29 AM
I haven't seen a thread like this yet and figured that I should put one up (sorry if there already is one, you can close the thread if there is).

What's everyone's hair goals or resolutions for the new year?

Mine are:
~No heat styling
~Deep treatments monthly
~Oiling everyday
~Heavy oilings before washing
~Finger combing before combing with a wide toothed comb
~Gentle detangling
~BBB every morning
~Wearing hair up more often
~No trimming

What are yours?

T.L.T.
December 29th, 2010, 10:40 AM
My goals are:
- No heat (which I don't do much anyways, but I want to cut it out completely)
- Stop using bleach & other bad chemicals (I have not used any in almost 3 months! )
- I am considering Henna/ henndigo, but I need to look into it more before I decide to do it or grow out virgin hair.
- Oil hair regularly, instead of just "when I don't forget to"
- when it is long enough to, wear a braid as much as possible.
- wear hats more in spring & summer (I live at the beach)

Bast
December 29th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Mine for 2011:
~One deep oil treatment each month
~S+D only, no professional trims
~No heat styling (ties in with no professional cutting, but I'm thinking about hiding my hairdryer)
~Light oiling of the ends before being put up each day
~Learn more buns that will protect the ends, which my current french braid go-to, well, isn't
~More exercise and outdoor time
~Finding some nice silk scarves with which to put my hair up in

Teilani
December 29th, 2010, 11:24 AM
- Continue to not use heat styling more than once or twice a year.
- Spend time at Torrin's YouTube page and get good at braids.
- Hot oil monthly.
- Make some silk scarves and pillow cases.
- Use my wood and horn combs more, and my brushes less.
- Get more hair sticks from a friend who makes them.

tinywife
December 29th, 2010, 11:39 AM
- Get the hang of using ACV without drying my hair out.
- Find a good leave-in combo, and stick to it.
- Grow to BSL. It's a long shot, but...maybe if my hair grows super-super fast?

Rebecca.1905
December 29th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I'm ridiculously new to LHC, but am already learning so much! So, my 2011 goals are:

Keep coming to LHC and learn!
Find a good oil and begin using it
Continue CWC as it seems to be working!!
No brushes - ever!
S & D ONLY
Reach waist lenth? Maybe?

Gabriel
December 29th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I wonder if this thread and the two others like it can be combined?

2011 New Year's (Hair) Resolutions! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61576)

Hair goals for 2011 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61584)

CastaDiva
December 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I started a thread with the EXACT same name a week or so back:D Just a few minutes before I started my thread, another member had also started a thread about hair resolutions for 2011. There`s so many threads in here that it`s not always easy to keep track of them:)

Ishje
December 29th, 2010, 12:10 PM
~ trim my ends back to health
~ use a home made hairmask once a month
~ comb more easy against breakage
~ eat more healty foods
~ reach classic

Upside Down
December 29th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Gain more thickness, that is get rid of some of the damaged ends, learn more cool updos :)
Happy holidays everyone!

Chamomile betty
December 29th, 2010, 12:27 PM
My 2011 goals:

~Let it grow
~Learn some new bun styles
~Buy a satin pillow case
~Let it grow

slythwolf
December 29th, 2010, 12:34 PM
This is the year I get to a point where I can stop hennaing. The sparklies are starting to come in and I want to let them do it, but I don't want to have a line of demarcation between henna and non-henna, so I'm going to figure out what the best way is to go back to brown. I may use indigo diluted with cassia (so it doesn't take me all the way to black), or I may experiment with mayonnaise, which I have heard some people have used to remove henna, although not completely. If I can just get it to where it blends a little between the different hues I will be happy enough.

Finoriel
December 29th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I thought this thread looked familiar :wink: will merge them in a second or two.
*cough* feel free to use the report-feature to point out similar threads which may need merging *hinthint*

Hmm, hair goals.
I think I'll keep it simple during the next year "get up, survive, get back to bed".
No specific goals for me this year, just doing what I always do.
Dang, sounds boring :yawn: :shrug: :p ah well, boring is okay I think.
Whatever works, right :wink:

lw8666
December 29th, 2010, 01:24 PM
My goals:
1. No cuts or trims so I can get to BSL by the end of 2011
2. Keep up with taking all my vitamins everyday
3. Be more gentle and careful with how I handle my hair
4. No heat styling
5. Henna

I'm very optimistic about 2011! It gonna be a good hair year for me! Lol.

GrowingGlory
December 29th, 2010, 01:34 PM
1) Brush daily
2) Protect from the elements
3) No hair cuts until 2012
4) No new oils, conditioners, or products until 2012
5) No new hair tools or toys until 2012

kyraninse
December 29th, 2010, 11:41 PM
1. Keep with the baking soda and lemon juice only washing routine even though it is so. much. more. tedious. than just shampooing.

2. Trim, trim, trim, even though I hate it, because ultimately it's healthier hair.

3. Eat, sleep, workout better!

shikara
December 30th, 2010, 09:42 AM
1. Grow to tailbone then reevaluate. Keep growing or start trimming maintaining that length.
2. Handle hair as little as possible.
3. Continue with what's working: scalp massages, food choices, exercise....
4. Find a few scarves and ways of wearing them that I'm comfortable with.

suicides_eve
December 30th, 2010, 09:49 AM
1. No more trims if I want to be Waist by summer
2. learn more updos and braids
3. stop letting the kittens use it as a play toy:D

nena_shawty
December 30th, 2010, 10:06 AM
mine is togrow grow grow my hair out and get my hair all one length... my main goal is to grow my hair TBL... but for this year i think i might grow my hair BSL Of course Im gonna make sure my hair stays healthy throughout my hair growth journey.... HAPPY GROWING peopless and good luck with your goals

crazy_margaret
December 30th, 2010, 10:10 AM
1. Take vitamins and slowly build up biotin to avoid migraines.
2. Reach waist by Dec 31 2011 (7 more inches!)
3. No trims till ^

elliebean184
December 30th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Neat thread!
For 2011 my hair goals are: (independent of the cut back to BSL I'm considering)
-henna at least four times in the year
-reduce my shampoo/bad conditioner stash
-figure out how to wear my hair down more often
-learn new styles to protect the ends
-eat better
-read more LHC! :)

Steinkauz
December 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I'm going to try and not use heat on my hair, and use deep conditioning systems a few times a month to keep my hair super soft and healthy. And I'm not going to cut my hair all year, besides the occasional dusting to keep my locks nice and healthy.

Maggie May
December 30th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Regular trims! I didn't trim my hair AT ALL the last time I grew it out to hip length. I liked the fairy tail look though. This time I'm going for total opposite style, thick ends! Which I have. It is about shoulder length currently. My mom gave me a micro trim one week ago today. You will probably not believe this, but I just measured and have gained 3/4 of an inch in ONE WEEK! I noticed before measuring that my hair seems much longer and suddenly long enough for certain updos. SWEET! I'm new here and it's so fun talking about hair with everyone! I will put up photos as soon as I get some good hair shots. Looking forward to producing 25 posts so I can see everyone else's photos and progress as well! Happy new year :)