PDA

View Full Version : Herbal Essences

Avital88
December 16th, 2010, 03:53 AM
I just bought a bottle of Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends shampoo and conditioner.
They were on sale(just 2Euro 50 for both) and thought maybe i could try it.
Well i did! Last night, and i must say: My hair feels softer than before!
I even have more volume and it looks really clean too, i havent had this hairfeeling in months.!
Plus the smell!!! its great ,it smells like berries..Love it. I have a new favourite and i just wanted that to share.

Ps its for longhair ,the bottle says.

DARKMARTIAN
December 16th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Ive been using HE for awhile.
And for the same reasons as well :)

Avital88
December 16th, 2010, 05:02 AM
That's great Darkmartian!
The last time i used it was 1,5 yrs ago and my hair was really damaged back then and i really didnt had this same spectacular softness,so im really surprised and happy i tried it again.
You have some great hair by the way!

DARKMARTIAN
December 16th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Aww, thanks Avital88 :)

Your hair actually looks similar to my own....

LoversLullaby
December 16th, 2010, 03:07 PM
I absolutely love Herbal Essences products! I use their Long Term Relationship shampoo, conditioner, and leave in, Totally Twisted gel, and Set Me Up hairspray for special occasions. They're cheap and still work wonderfully.

lingxi
January 14th, 2011, 01:47 AM
I also use some HE products! The LTR conditioner moisturises quite well but I'd skip the Body Envy shampoo, it's very strong and I feel like it's very harsh on my hair and scalp.

Chamomile betty
January 14th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I've been using the Totally Twisted gel for over a year and love it. Maybe I should try more products from the HE line?

KittyLost
June 11th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I used to use the Beautiful Ends treatment mask and it worked great at first. After a while it started to make my hair feel crunchy and dry, even after clarifying. I used to love herbal essences and it was the only product I used for a long time! Now I find it doesn't agree with my hair but I sometimes pick up little sachets of the beautiful ends treatment for a one off.

The new shampoo and conditoner that is supposed to tame wild hair though I found to be awful. The advert with the lion's mane on it. It has really dried out my hair.

virgo75
June 11th, 2011, 09:22 AM
They recently reformulated their products along with revamping the bottles.

When I tried them in the past, I liked the scent but they didn't really do anything special for my hair.

I've tried the "new & improved" Long Term Relationship, Totally Twisted, and Hello Hydration. At first I kind of liked the Hello Hydration, but then realized it was coating my hair. After trying the others I found they were all very coating on my hair even though they weren't before. My hair was actually kind of sticky. :confused:

It's similar to the way my hair feels with the "new & improved" Pantene.

Oh well.

Sookie
June 12th, 2011, 04:54 AM
I don't like products with sulfates and other chemicals. My hair feels really good the first two days but it becomes really dried and bad the following days..

Copasetic
June 12th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I wonder if the Beautiful Ends line is only available in Europe, because I have never seen it around. There are a number of HE products that I love. I have been using their gels for ages, and the long term relationship leave in cream is a holy grail product for me. And they are so cheap!

ETA: Careful Sookie, water is a chemical!

prettykitty
June 12th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I tried the LTR shampoo and condish but they made my hair really limp :( the Australian versions of them are super coney, and I think they were just too heavy for my hair.

Darkhorse1
June 13th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I always loved HE. But, again, they discontinued my favorite clarifying shampoo :( Still, I have some of it left and will use it when I need to clarify. I always preferred HE to Pantene as it's a gentler shampoo and left my hair soft and shiny. Pantene clarifying shampoo, also discontinued was better to really get all the grit off my hair.

I really hate it when my shampoos are discontinued :(

BroadwayBeauty
June 13th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I really wish that HE would have some of their products brought over from Europe. There's an anti-breakage S&C that they only sell in Europe now that I wish they'd bring back. Plus they have a LTR treatment in other countries that I would love to try!

Flossy
June 13th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I got a sample of LTR in the mail about 18 months ago (pre-LHC) and it converted me back to supermarket brands! It's too heavy for my hair to use every wash, but I have a bottle of condish that I use every few weeks, and it just makes my hair soft as silk. I like to 'treat' myself after a cone free stretch.

Secretly, I really :crush: cones...

BroadwayBeauty
June 14th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Secretly, I really :crush: cones...

I do too! I also love the smell of the LTR products. I may have to run out and pick up a bottle of it before too long :p

DarleneH
September 12th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I thought Long Term Relationship conditioner did not have cones? Or at least they were low on the list. I just bought a huge bottle while trying to find something that is super moisturizing but low/no cones. I was looking for Drama Clean but Target was out of that conditioner. I would love more info on these two, if some of you have experience with them.

I've got to check out the Totally Twisted Gel now! I've used Hello Hydration conditioner but am tired of it's scent. I don't bother with the shampoos because I use so little that what I have is going to last me years. But like a lot of us I do go through tons of conditioners.

citadel
September 13th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I had a really horrible experience with HE in college. The shampoo had a horrible reaction with my skin, causing me to be insufferably, terribly itchy. I stopped using it as soon as I traced the itchiness to the shampoo, but it persisted for almost two weeks! I've never felt an itch like that--it was like my skin was on fire 24/7. I couldn't sleep, couldn't focus in class, couldn't do anything without that horrible feeling that made me want to scratch my skin off (I actually broke the skin on one of my legs because the itch was so bad).

Ever since then, I have completely stayed away from Herbal Essences products.