PDA

View Full Version : How come my son's hair grows...

maus
December 15th, 2010, 10:04 PM
... like crazy, and I have to drag him to get his hair cut every four weeks, when the growth of mine seems to have come to a (not even grinding) halt? :rolleyes: Does growth slow down with age? And he doesn't even eat his vegetables! All he eats is pasta! Is the world unfair or is it just me?

Tia2010
December 15th, 2010, 10:20 PM
I know that feeling . My son's hair grows like crazy and he could care less about it. Maybe that's his secret :) He doesn't have any splits, he has beautiful blond shine and it grows like a weed (he just cut it back from almost mid back).....i wish I knew the secret ! :)

maus
December 15th, 2010, 10:24 PM
I know that feeling . My son's hair grows like crazy and he could care less about it. Maybe that's his secret :) He doesn't have any splits, he has beautiful blond shine and it grows like a weed (he just cut it back from almost mid back).....i wish I knew the secret ! :)
That and of course he is not spending hours on LHC obsessing over his hair, like we do :D

Flossy
December 15th, 2010, 10:30 PM
My almost 5 year old's is the same. Blonde, thick and you can practically see it growing. He has my mum's hair. Don't even get my started on my 3 year old's blonde curls.

On the other hand, DS3 is 17 months and has the finest, blondest hair, and it's only about an inch long all over his head, and has been FOREVER. I know the feeling...

Roseate
December 15th, 2010, 10:39 PM
... like crazy, and I have to drag him to get his hair cut every four weeks, when the growth of mine seems to have come to a (not even grinding) halt? :rolleyes: Does growth slow down with age? And he doesn't even eat his vegetables! All he eats is pasta! Is the world unfair or is it just me?

Another thing, he probably has relatively short hair? Because shorter hair always seems to grow faster; 1/2" makes a big difference in a short haircut but seems like nothing once your hair stops flopping in your eyes and starts travelling down your back!

But yeah, unfair anyway! :p

lilravendark
December 15th, 2010, 10:43 PM
also they're young so that impacts hair growth as well

Maddy_T
December 16th, 2010, 01:41 AM
AAAAAHHH I know!!! My brothers hair literally grows about 2" a month consistently, sometimes more I could swear... it's so frustrating while I'm watching my hair day after day and seeing nothing, he's growing INCHES... >=(!!!!!

luxepiggy
December 16th, 2010, 02:25 AM
The watched hair never grows (^(oo)~)

LissaJane
December 16th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Whilst my brother's hair doesn't grow particularly fast (I'd say a pretty normal speed), it does grow ridiculously and enviously thick.
All he also eats is pasta! We may be on to something here!

mrs_coffee
December 16th, 2010, 05:05 AM
My 12yo son's hair grows really quickly too, and it's gorgeous, shiny, dark blond. He likes long hair though, so we don't cut it too often. His hair is longer than mine.

Hiriel
December 16th, 2010, 05:46 AM
My boyfriend, who keeps his hair short, has hair that grows like weeds, and is insanely thick. If he were to keep his hair the length he wanted all the time, he'd have to get it cut every two weeks...

ETA: He shaved his head once, and then we easily saw the growth. It's more than an inch a month...

dropinthebucket
December 16th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Ah, youth. My son has exactly the same hair as me - same colour, same texture, same flips in the same places. Every time I look at it I think how nice it looks - and it's an awful temptation, because his is at SL and mine is flattening out and losing its body now that it's past APL. And of course, his grows like nuts, and mine no longer does! :)

Felix_D
December 16th, 2010, 06:27 AM
My husband is the same way! He shampoos once a week (when the tar and sawdust from work start staining his pillow!) and ignores it otherwise. He has such lovely thick, blonde hair that grows like crazy. I'm so in love with it! And him. :)

I think it's all the exercise he gets. I've been procrastinating about exercise lately...