PDA

View Full Version : How long would it take?

Love23101
December 15th, 2010, 04:37 PM
My hair is Currently 28"... how long approx. will it take to get my hair to 48 inches if my hair is fast growing?
:confused: Or is it not possible to tell?

LawyerGirl
December 15th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hair averages 1/2 inch per month... so 20 inches will take a little less than two years if you don't trim.

Love23101
December 15th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Well, If I measured correctly (just a few minutes ago) My hair grows one inch per month... So it may only take me a little over a year... I hope that my hair continues to grow this fast!

torrilin
December 15th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Fast growing compared to what?

My hair is straight, and grows around 1" per month. It's also got very fine strands and splits easily. Actually hitting my theoretical max in terms of real progress is one of those "erm, not so much" kinds of things.

If you're actually more towards the 4a end of things, you could easily grow more than inch a month and make no visible progress. Going around a curl can take an awful lot of hair! So even if you were consistently getting that 1-2" a month with no breakage or splits... it could easily seem like your hair grows far slower than someone who has a hard time hitting the 1/2" a month average on straight hair.

It seems pretty common for curly haired people around here to prioritize curls and hair health over maximum length. I can definitely sympathize with that. My hair is pretty impossible to deal with if I try to fight my natural hair type. Can't imagine it'd be any easier to argue with other hair types.

pepperminttea
December 15th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Do bear in mind that your growth rate can fluctuate with stress levels, nutrition, sometimes even the seasons.

Love23101
December 15th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Thank you all for your info :)

jojo
December 15th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Hair averages 1/2 inch per month... so 20 inches will take a little less than two years if you don't trim.

20" at 1/2" a month is 40 months or 3 years and 4 months, dont understand how you got less than 2 years:confused:

jojo
December 15th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Well, If I measured correctly (just a few minutes ago) My hair grows one inch per month... So it may only take me a little over a year... I hope that my hair continues to grow this fast!

if your continues to grow 1" a month, your looking at 20 months but bear in mind hair growth can change from month to month and stalls may happen, it will get there just practice patience :O

TheBluffs
January 10th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Two to Two and a half. More if it's curly.