PDA

View Full Version : Will Monistat work on eyelashes?

Dreamkitty
December 15th, 2010, 12:34 PM
My eyelashes are normal length and thickness but I want thicker eyelashes, I mean who doesn't:D. I read monistat works on promoting hair growth fast on the scalp as well as eyebrows.

So would it work on eyelashes too?

breezefaerie
December 15th, 2010, 12:38 PM
I would NOT put Monistat anywhere near your eyes. Not at all. :nono:

What you can try is castor oil. You can apply castor oil with a cotton swab just on your eyelashes each night to promote eyelash growth.

sarahbrownie
December 15th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Monistat in the eyes...:eek:

Not the safest thing.

I read in Allure that Rapidlash is pretty awesome for eyelash growth and thickness. It's really inexpensive compared to Latisse which is like $150+.

RitaPG
December 15th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Second the castor oil reccomendation, never used it on eyelashes, only on baby hairs.
But some people swear by it for eyebrows, lashes and hair, it's worth a try.

Monistat is not a good idea because it could be very irritating for your eyes.

BrightEyes7
December 15th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I would not put Monistat anywhere near your eyes! I also suggest castor oil.

I've used vaseline in the past and my lashes stayed thick and soft. You might want to try that if you haven't got any castor oil handy!

Anje
December 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I'm with the others -- don't risk getting Monistat in your eyes! Bad, m'kay?

If you want more lashes, get Latisse, or look into some of the OTC stuff you see from mascara makers. I think LOreal is making some sort of eyelash serum.

owlathena
December 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I agree with everyone else! You don't know what would happen if that stuff got in your eyes. There are a few different eyelash growth products in the cosmetics section of most stores now, near the mascaras. I've heard that they work well.

Dreamkitty
December 15th, 2010, 02:33 PM
:) I will save my money, thanks for the warning everyone ,I don't want to risk putting it in my eyes if its going to cause irritation, it was a crazy thought but something I was just curious about since Ive read people putting it on their scalp as well as their eyebrows, so I was wondering if anyone actually applied it to their eyelashes.

Ive tried vaseline which helps keep my lashes moisturized. And used olive oil on my eyelash yesterday, I just closed my eyes and lightly applied the oil over my lashes.

I have never tried castor oil in general. Is it better at making eyelashes thicker as opposed to coconut & olive oil?

jenjen10
December 15th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Where does one find the caster oil? Is it something I can find at Walmart or do you have to go to a health food store?

breezefaerie
December 15th, 2010, 03:13 PM
You can find castor oil at Walmart and just about any other drug store. I think it's usually found with the laxatives.

I've used castor oil to help grow in my wimpy eyebrows with great success, I don't see why it would not work on eyelashes. It is VERY thick so you may want to cut it with another oil to thin it out.