View Full Version : how to achieve a U shaped hemline? how do you know what shape is right for your ends?

redneckprincess
December 14th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I think Im starting to see one going on, but i might like to straingthen it, and no im not planning to trim for a few months anyways but id like to start researching and looking into it.

how ho you know what "ends shape" is right for you?
i have curly/wavy hair most days.

pictures (of APL-Waist) might be helpful.

little_cherry
December 14th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Feye's self U trim (http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/1827.html) is a good way to achieve the U shape. I was going to this tonight, actually.

redneckprincess
December 14th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Feye's self U trim (http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/1827.html) is a good way to achieve the U shape. I was going to this tonight, actually.
thanks, thats the one I was looking for!!

countryhopper
December 14th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I can vouch for feye's method... I've done the U hemline a couple of times, and it's very easy! Just be sure to read the instructions through a couple of times first and take off tiny amounts at a time to avoid accidently chopping off a few month's work :D

luxepiggy
December 14th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I think Im starting to see one going on, but i might like to straingthen it, and no im not planning to trim for a few months anyways but id like to start researching and looking into it.

how ho you know what "ends shape" is right for you?
i have curly/wavy hair most days.

pictures (of APL-Waist) might be helpful.

I can't speak to how one achieves a U hemline, but in terms of choosing a hemline, I think to some extent it's about what your hair decides to do, as you seem to be seeing with your own hair. I've had long hair nearly my whole life, and my numerous experiences have taught me that I can have FTE, or I can have a blunt hemline. I can try to cut a U or V shaped hemline, but it will just end up looking like FTE a couple of days later (^(oo)^)v

redwoman
December 14th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Mine has always been a U. My husband (dear sweetie that he is) trims me every four months or so and does a darn fine job of it.

curlymarcia
December 15th, 2010, 08:35 AM
I do like the U shape (no layers) in curly/wavy hair. But If your planning a tiny bit trim and don't want to loose any length, you can keep the current hemline.