PDA

View Full Version : A "missed connection" board... hehe

jenjen10
December 14th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Yesterday, I was attending a class and noticed a girl there who had waist length blonde hair and, of course, I start to wonder if she is an LHC-er.

I started thinking to myself wouldn't it be great if we had a board like on Craigslist's "missed connections" but the LHC equivalent to find out who we have encountered in real life?!?

I can just see the posts now "You were the long haired blond who kept putting your hair up in CPR class... I was the brunette who was trying not to appear creepy while eying up your length and checking out your ends. Contact me and we can S&D together". Hehe

Yes, I am a little warped sometimes! :cheese:

Dreams_in_Pink
December 14th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Maybe we could be given the option to specify our location, so that we can track the LHC members living close to us :) That'd be ace!

sunshine80
December 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I do this all the time! lol I see long beautiful hair and I think "hmmmm wonder if she is on LHC" :)

DARKMARTIAN
December 14th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Hi...Im the long haired guy who's hair you were about to trim the other day. I just wanted to apologize for running out of the place screaming. Didnt mean to knock your combs over on the way out. Hope that mysterious blue liquid doesnt stain.

Get in touch if you might wanna get some coffee, tea, or even a bite to eat. But please no thai or indian.....lest I end up running out while screaming once again....:o

Finoriel
December 14th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Maybe we could be given the option to specify our location, so that we can track the LHC members living close to us :) That'd be ace!
Believe me, that would not be a good idea.
I'd rather not risk having a long hair appreciator *cough* on my doormat, kwim. Ick.

mellie89
December 14th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I can just see the posts now "You were the long haired blond who kept putting your hair up in CPR class... I was the brunette who was trying not to appear creepy while eying up your length and checking out your ends. Contact me and we can S&D together".

:laugh: That is AWESOME.

I keep waiting for someone on the "Long Hair Sightings" thread to go, "Hey, that was me!" in response to a post. That would be so cool. :D

princessp
December 14th, 2010, 03:07 PM
LOL! Hello, I'm the long hair you thought you saw out of the corner of your eye unfurling her hip length hennaed hair. But the moment you turned I had it tucked neatly into a bun and so you naturally questioned what you saw.

If you ask, I will not immediately admit to being an LHC member. However you will know I am by the hair advice I give you and the fact that when you ask again I will divert my eyes and give you the secret sign: :flasher: ;)

And I will disclose this esoteric truth to you now: if you are able to ask in elvish I will tell you anything and everything!:bowtome: :hooched: :D

jenjen10
December 14th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I think we used to talk about creating a secret question to ask someone to see if they were a LHC-er without seeming creepy... not sure if we ever settled on something specific though! :)

luxepiggy
December 14th, 2010, 03:09 PM
This is so cute! And I have one to post!

You recently posted in the WO/CO thread on another (non-hair) forum, but we aren't allowed to mention other forums over there, so I couldn't ask if you're an LHCer too. I suspect you are, though! And if you're not, I hope you eventually join, because your hair is amazing!

PS - Those nude patent CLs are to die for. LOVE! And you like HL too!! I'm such an HL junkie (^(oo)^)

I think we used to talk about creating a secret question to ask someone to see if they were a LHC-er without seeming creepy... not sure if we ever settled on something specific though! :)

Hehe . . . we have this on another forum I'm on . . . we ask whether the person is a friend of "A" & "B", the couple who started and run the forum (^(oo)^)v

cataphract
December 14th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hi...Im the long haired guy who's hair you were about to trim the other day. I just wanted to apologize for running out of the place screaming. Didnt mean to knock your combs over on the way out. Hope that mysterious blue liquid doesnt stain.

Get in touch if you might wanna get some coffee, tea, or even a bite to eat. But please no thai or indian.....lest I end up running out while screaming once again....:o
Lol, DarkMartian, your posts crack me up.

ArienEllariel
December 14th, 2010, 04:17 PM
LOL! Hello, I'm the long hair you thought you saw out of the corner of your eye unfurling her hip length hennaed hair. But the moment you turned I had it tucked neatly into a bun and so you naturally questioned what you saw.

If you ask, I will not immediately admit to being an LHC member. However you will know I am by the hair advice I give you and the fact that when you ask again I will divert my eyes and give you the secret sign: :flasher: ;)

And I will disclose this esoteric truth to you now: if you are able to ask in elvish I will tell you anything and everything!:bowtome: :hooched: :D

Hahaha! Yes! Now I just need to learn elvish.. I really wish I knew how to speak it. You'd think there would be a "How to learn Sindarin elvish" class taught somewhere.. I know I'd take it!

pepperminttea
December 14th, 2010, 04:51 PM

I love this idea! :D "The wig has left the basket, the wig has left the basket!"

DARKMARTIAN
December 14th, 2010, 05:09 PM

Whats wrong with just saying.. "Hi I was wondering if youve ever heard of LHC?" :)

CaityBear
December 14th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Whats wrong with just saying.. "Hi I was wondering if youve ever heard of LHC?" :)

But that's just no fun!!! :P

But I know I will probably never run into another LHC'er (other than the one I got hooked on this place :P) because there is next to nobody on here even from the same province as me. lol

I do see some people will really nice long hair and usually check the hair out. The first things I check out about anybody is hair and shoes! :)

princessp
December 14th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Hahaha! Yes! Now I just need to learn elvish.. I really wish I knew how to speak it. You'd think there would be a "How to learn Sindarin elvish" class taught somewhere.. I know I'd take it!

:laugh: Rim hennaid! I know, I'd definitely take that class too! In the meantime there are books like this out there anyway: http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-Sindarin-Grammar-Language-Tolkiens/dp/0874808006

Tia2010
December 14th, 2010, 05:34 PM
When I'm out and see someone with long hair , especially very long hair , I do start to wonder if their an LHC'er ?? :D I never ask because they probably think it's a little weird that I'm gawking at their hair , so I keep my distance :D

That reminds me of a guy I dated long ago. He had a few tattoos that were written in some sort of Elvish language...I never did figure out what they all said ( he wouldn't tell me he wanted me to figure it out) :)

DARKMARTIAN
December 14th, 2010, 05:39 PM
But that's just no fun!!! :P

Yeah I hear ya.......my luck id catch some "techie" and get to learn about the Large Hadron Collider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider) for the next one or two hours :o

little_cherry
December 14th, 2010, 05:48 PM
LHCers could just wear a hair tie on their wrist. I seem to have one on mine permanently.

Intransigentia
December 15th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah I hear ya.......my luck id catch some "techie" and get to learn about the Large Hadron Collider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider)for the next one or two hours :o

See that wouldn't be a problem for me, I am a big fan of the other LHC.

DARKMARTIAN
December 15th, 2010, 11:24 AM
See that wouldn't be a problem for me, I am a big fan of the other LHC.

Shhhh...im going to let you in on a secret. I wouldnt mind either...
Im a total nerd........:o

C. sinensis
December 15th, 2010, 11:54 AM

Manen varyalye findesselya?
:)

Coan-Teen
December 15th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah I hear ya.......my luck id catch some "techie" and get to learn about the Large Hadron Collider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider) for the next one or two hours :o

Then I am a double geek because I would love to talk about the Hadron Collider for a few hours. ^_^

princessp
December 15th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Manen varyalye findesselya?
:)

:bowtome::bowtome::bowtome: Le hannon C. sinensis, as is yours!!

motormuffin
December 15th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I think someone here that is crafty should make up little woven bracelets with those baby letter beads that say LHC...something that would go with whatever you wear. Then no one would have to ask if you were an LHCer. And maybe they could be sold here...

getoffmyskittle
December 15th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I say just ask. :p

I recognized an LHCer on a busy street once and chased her down, she recognized me too, and it was awesome.

C. sinensis
December 15th, 2010, 12:49 PM
:bowtome::bowtome::bowtome: Le hannon C. sinensis, as is yours!!

Haha, thanks!
I'm far more familiar with Quenya than Sindarin, but hey, Elvish is Elvish, right? :D

As for on-topic-ness, I'm the brunette who usually wears two braids, but I highly doubt my hair is long enough to have caught the attention of anyone on this board IRL. :p

GoddesJourney
December 15th, 2010, 02:23 PM
My hair is not long enough to "arouse suspicion" of being on of those LHCers...

...but I do see people now and then with clearly well cared-for hair and I want to ask, but rarely do. I have pointed a couple of people in this direction though. It just feels weird because I don't want someone to feel like I'm telling them they need hair advice. I just want to point them this way.

Rapunzelwannabe
December 15th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I discovered that some people with eating disorders have online groups not unlike LHC, and they have bracelets that identify them as members not only of that particular website but of having a particular ED (red is 'pro-ana', blue 'pro-mia')
I vote yellow beaded bracelets with cheese charms! :cheese:

bluesnowflake
December 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Then I am a double geek because I would love to talk about the Hadron Collider for a few hours. ^_^

LOL me too :) Hair geeks and science geeks :)

PineappleJello
December 16th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Could ask them what their favourite type of cheese is :P

heidi w.
December 16th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I have definitely had chance encounters where it turned out the person I was meeting was already present and accounted for on LHC.

That's fun.

heidi w.

heidi w.
December 16th, 2010, 02:53 PM
There's a meets forum here. I'd say that's the easiest way to figure out who lives near you. And it's safer than a craigslist deal. One has to have posted 100 times to see it.

heidi w.

jojo
December 16th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I love this idea! :D "The wig has left the basket, the wig has left the basket!"

this totally cracked me up imagine saying that to somenone...and it wasnt a LHCer id be like ooohhhhhhhhhh your not who I thought you was.....and slowly walk sideways as the mystery long hair rings an ambulance! VERY EMBARRASING !!:D

Barniie
December 16th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I vote someone comes up with a simple instruction for a yellow braided bracelet (cos we must have the most expertise in braiding, right?) which people can then choose to make themselves if they wish to be recognised. I vote for a skinny yellow four-strand, maybe with a charm? (i.e. cheese!)

jenjen10
December 17th, 2010, 06:01 AM
I vote someone comes up with a simple instruction for a yellow braided bracelet (cos we must have the most expertise in braiding, right?) which people can then choose to make themselves if they wish to be recognised. I vote for a skinny yellow four-strand, maybe with a charm? (i.e. cheese!)

I like this idea! :cheese:

akuamoonmaui
December 17th, 2010, 06:11 PM
How about a hand signal?

There was a woman at the mall who seemed to "recognize" me (or my hair) ~ it was down, she had TB or classic length, so I thought about asking about LHC, but thought, Nah..... probably too random, and heaven forbid I come across as vaguely creepy....

Barniie
December 17th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I thought of another idea :) What about lhc hair-sticks? So someone chooses a provider and/or comes up with a certain design on a hairstick that people can buy/make. Then they can wear it when they want tto be known as a longhair!

About the handsignal - love the idea, and also love the chance that you do the whole Spock thing and they aren't from 'around here' :whistle: Just walk away SLOWLY!