PDA

View Full Version : Apple Cider Vinegar?

tinti
December 14th, 2010, 12:04 PM
How do you use ACV? I just bought a bottle of Heinz ACV, but I'm kinda unsure how you guys use it :) Do you just dillute it with water or put it straight on your hair? If you dillute it, how much? Shampoo? Conditioner?

erika_d
December 14th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Dilute!!! 1/4 tsp ACV to 4 oz of water changes the pH of water to slightly acidic. You really don't need much for it to work. I usually use maybe 2tbsp to 8 oz water (I always like to add "a bit more") :)

pepperminttea
December 14th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Definitely dilute! I mix 2-3 tablespoons in 8 liquid ounces of water generally, though I started off with just one tablespoon, and then I use it as the last thing during a hair wash - after CWC, and all other showerly duties - squeezed from an old shampoo bottle all over my scalp, and let gravity get it through my length. Then I rinse it out thoroughly for at least two minutes with a cold blast and that's me done. :)

tinti
December 14th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks pepperminttea and Erika.

1 ounce is 28 grams, right?

maus
December 14th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I use about 1 to 2 Tbsp in a quart of water and don't rinse. Works well for me, and one less thing to do :)

cataphract
December 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I use a stronger dilution (1:2) but I also don't mind the smell and it seems to work better for me this way. I will either dip frizzy ends in a cup of it or I'll pour it down the whole length in the shower. I don't rinse it off, and I keep my towel separate from my vinegar hating boyfriend, haha.

tinti
December 14th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks a lot, cataphract and maus :)

xovictoryxo
December 14th, 2010, 01:28 PM
thanks I always wondered how to do this the right way! I shall try this week

bonnie1735
December 14th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I dillute mine also but I am heavy handed probably around 1:2. I rinse my hair with it after I wash and condish. I leave it in and do not rinse it out. I also use cold water.

Anje
December 14th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I use a dilution of about 1:10, give or take, as a final rinse after washing. Some people rinse it out (especially those with stronger dilutions), I tend to leave it in. Make sure you get your scalp -- it's good for it.

Lemur_Catta
December 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I use 3-4 Tsp in 1 liter of body temperature water, after shampoo and conditioner. I used to use cold water, but it just made me freeze, and warmer water works perfectly, I don't feel it as cold or hot, just my body temperature. I don't rinse after.

caadam
December 14th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I've read one tbsp ACV to 1 cup water works good. It really depends, I guess, what works for you.
I'm not an expert, though. x3

DiablitaNoir
December 14th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Ooh! I need to try this! I have ACV sitting up in my kitchen cabinet that has been going unused for quite a while. I think I'll try the ACV rinse this weekend. :D

Eire
December 14th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I dilute a few tablespoons in a big cup. It works wonders! I pour some on as a rinse at the end of my shower then wash with water. Soft lovely hair!