PDA

View Full Version : Eye drops and hair growth

lapushka
December 14th, 2010, 11:12 AM
This is about beneficial side-effects of medication. Apparently the side-effect of eye drops is thicker and better growing lashes. So now it's being tested for alopecia as a possible remedy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1338356/Can-eye-drops-make-hair-grow-The-drug-effects-actually-GOOD-you.html

vanity_acefake
December 14th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Oh that would be so cool if it worked.

Dragon
December 14th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Interesting .

sweet*things
December 14th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Isn't that the same stuff as Latisse (the eyelash growing drug)?

I like the idea of it, but I'm not willing to risk having my blue eyes turned permanently brown because of it.

Ursula
December 14th, 2010, 12:06 PM
My understanding is that it isn't any eye drop, but a specific eye drop used for the treatment of glaucoma. My stepbrother has glaucoma in one eye, and his eyelashes on that eye are noticeably longer than on his other eye.

Since the eye drops affect the functioning of the eye, by lowering the pressure inside the eye, I doubt it is safe to use them just to grow eyelashes longer. You don't want to take a healthy eye and artificially lower the pressure in it.

cataphract
December 14th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Isn't that the same stuff as Latisse (the eyelash growing drug)?

I like the idea of it, but I'm not willing to risk having my blue eyes turned permanently brown because of it.

I agree! Seems like a pretty drastic side effect to still be safe, though, anyway. It kind of scares me ;)

Amraann
December 14th, 2010, 01:07 PM
It is the same drug as Latisse.

Which was originally used for glaucoma.
Latisse only changes eye color if you get it in your eye. IMO it is a huge waste of money.
100$ per month and if you stop using it your lashes go back to their original state.
I think fake lashes would be a better investment. Or if your like me and have long lashes but they are blond dye them.
You can buy eyelash dye at Sally's

lastnite
December 22nd, 2010, 09:55 PM
I've been thinking about trying Latisse. I have blue/green eyes so of course I'm worried about the side effect of eyes changing brown. If anyone has used it is it easy to avoid getting in your eyes? Because I can't think of any eyelash product that doesn't get into my eyes at some point.

Brooke Shields and Clare Danes are spokes models for the product and they have light eyes, I don't think they'd risk it if the side effect was that common?