PDA

View Full Version : He wants to do what now?

Lixie
June 4th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I was waiting outside class with my hair loose when a classmate of mine suddenly said "Oh, S (member of my class) was talking about your hair earlier today. He says he wants to put it into dreadlocks."

Well… what to make of that? I replied that I’d never let him get near enough to me to attempt it in the first place (S is not a nice guy at all), but really, what on earth made him hit out with such a statement? I can count the occasions he’s spoken to me throughout the year on one hand. Mind boggling.

So, what’s the strangest thing that’s ever been said about your hair?

Patrycja
June 4th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Dreadlocks? :silly: That's a off the wall comment if I ever heard one....

Recently-my family has taken to call my hair purple....

Gumball
June 4th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I've heard the dreadlock comment at work by one of my coworkers a lot, but never really that he wanted to do it. More like "You should do dreadlocks." He's determined to be a broken record about it. I've put my foot down well enough that it's just an annoying, albeit now just occasional, joke. Haha. There were probably other "strange" things I've heard regarding my hair, but my memory doesn't seem to be doing too well today. Hehe.

Islandgrrl
June 4th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Dreadlocks, huh? Oooooooooookay.

I had someone suggest that my hair would look really good dyed black. Uh. No.

Curlsgirl
June 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I think there is some sort of fascination with dreadlocks right now for some guys. Look at all the sports professionals that have them. I just know someone that asked me what he could do to get his hair to grow faster because he couldn't wait to get them done. I would say since your hair is so long he just was thinking WOW what long dreadlocks they would make! LOL! Can't think of anything else :shrug: Weird.

jesamyn
June 4th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I agree with Curlsgirl. S has probably just admired your hair and thought what neat dreads it would make.

Lixie
June 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Curlsgirl, good theory. I didn't think of that as I can't tell one sports player from another. :lol:

bunnii
June 4th, 2008, 01:14 PM
i've had people trying to tell me to let my natural colour grow out. or have i ever thought of donating it? i just lol and move on :silly:

Blueneko
June 4th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I think the weirdest comments would be:

"Your hair is so long and thick," followed by, "Well, you will eventually get over your thing and cut your hair."

She thinks growing my hair out is a weird phase, I guess. Something to get over.

Maybe S hoped the message would be relayed to you and "scare" you.

buttons
June 4th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Dreadlocks? That'd catch me a little off-guard.

Phalaenopsis
June 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Maybe it is just better not to think about it and ignore it. There will be more from where that came from, I think.

AshleyP
June 4th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Could mean any number of things I guess. I mean, my husband for some reason loves the look of dreadlocks. Whenever we go out and there happens to be a girl with dreadlocks, he can't stop staring and is just like "Ohhh, look - dreadlocks!" :rolleyes: Theres no way I'd ever get dreadlocks though, so he can keep admiring them from afar. Hah. They look fine on other people, but not for me.

HeavenlyTresses
June 5th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I was at the Atlanta airport and saw a woman taller than me (I'm 5'6") with hair to her ankles. She had two little boys, around 3 and 6 maybe. They all had a beautiful blonde color and they all had dreads. Now, I like dreads if they are shaped and look nice but these were like they just hadn't brushed in years so it kinda took away from the awesomeness of her length.

I guess the only weird comment I can think of is "Wow, your hair is so long!" Um . . . yeah, I kinda noticed, uh, thanks?

Saranne772
June 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Arghhh :couch: I wouldnt go near anyone who said that about me :couch: lol

Forever_Sophie
June 5th, 2008, 01:53 PM
That's an interesting comment! Hmm, if I were on the receiving end, I really don't think I'd make anything of it, just laugh and ignore.

I can't think of any wierd comments about my hair...

longhairedfairy
June 5th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Could mean any number of things I guess. I mean, my husband for some reason loves the look of dreadlocks. Whenever we go out and there happens to be a girl with dreadlocks, he can't stop staring and is just like "Ohhh, look - dreadlocks!" :rolleyes: Theres no way I'd ever get dreadlocks though, so he can keep admiring them from afar. Hah. They look fine on other people, but not for me.

I used to have some kind of stuff that was for “temporary dreadlocks.” It basically just held the hair in several separated twisted sections, if that makes sense. It didn’t work very well for me, but they probably have better stuff for it now (it was probably 10 years or more ago). Maybe you could try something like that and it wouldn’t be so likely to damage your hair. It might give your husband a “thrill” to see what you’d look like with (fake) dreads. :eyebrows:

spidermom
June 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
The weirdest was the time I gave the stylist permission to do anything he wanted because I was really bored and needed something new. He did one of those stacked bobs, and it was hideous! I looked like a jack'o'lantern. I got it cut into a pixie the following week, which was disappointing because I'd been growing out layers F O R E V E R, it seemed.

longhairedfairy
June 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM

I used to have some kind of stuff that was for “temporary dreadlocks.” It basically just held the hair in several separated twisted sections, if that makes sense. It didn’t work very well for me, but they probably have better stuff for it now (it was probably 10 years or more ago). Maybe you could try something like that and it wouldn’t be so likely to damage your hair. It might give your husband a “thrill” to see what you’d look like with (fake) dreads. :eyebrows:

Beldaran
June 5th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I was standing talking to a coworker when the odd guy of the office (every office has at least one) walked behind me and noticed my hair.

It was in a normal bun, with a twisted wood stick. He said something like "Man, I should take that stick and keep twisting it until it broke, (mumbling something) make you feel that kind of pain.." then he kept walking. :ohmy:

Since I wasn't looking at him or talking to him, it took me a second to realize he had just said something talking about twisting my bun clean off my head. :shocked: He was such an odd guy that I normally stayed away from him, but that sealed the deal.

Siava
June 5th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Wow, Beldaran...that would creep me out, too!

burns_erin
June 5th, 2008, 02:30 PM
When I used to have hip length hair someone once asked me "doesn't it strangle you when you roll around at night?"

liseling
June 5th, 2008, 02:35 PM
The bun twisting thing sounds scary - what a weird guy. I think the strangest thing anyone's ever said about my hair was in high school when this guy who was known to be a bit antisocial randomly told me under his breath that I had "Goddess hair". Umm, wow, thanks!

Kiraela
June 5th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Um, wow. yeah, that creepy guy with the bun twisting thing: needs help. :/ As for dreadlocks, I see them all the time around here, but usually only on really dark skinned guys. They always look so well kept and neat though! I've complimented a couple of the cashiers at wal-mart for theirs.

Definately not anything I would want though. :/ Can't really brush them, LOL.

Beldaran
June 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah since he wasn't really talking to me, I was ignoring him, and by how quickly he stopped talking and left, it seemed to me he was possibly shocked that he'd said something like that out loud.

He was the type of guy to vocalize his every thought. Very annoying.

spidermom
June 5th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I just realized that my post really didn't have a lot to do with the subject of this thread; sorry about that. It just struck me as very weird because you would think that stylists have some training in what hair styles flatter what face shapes, and you just don't do a slightly below chin length bob on somebody with a rounded square face. If he had said "you should have a stacked bob," then that would fit into the subject of this thread. Right? Right? (creeps away slightly embarrassed)

That bun-twisting remark? Certifiably insane.

longhairedfairy
June 5th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I was standing talking to a coworker when the odd guy of the office (every office has at least one) walked behind me and noticed my hair.

It was in a normal bun, with a twisted wood stick. He said something like "Man, I should take that stick and keep twisting it until it broke, (mumbling something) make you feel that kind of pain.." then he kept walking. :ohmy:

Since I wasn't looking at him or talking to him, it took me a second to realize he had just said something talking about twisting my bun clean off my head. :shocked: He was such an odd guy that I normally stayed away from him, but that sealed the deal.

That is seriously creepy! I think I would keep a very sharp hairstick or two with me for protection!

Beldaran
June 5th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I no longer worth with the guy (or for that company at all), so I am safe from his creepiness. I was never even close to being alone in any sized area with him and I usually did my best to avoid him.

He was so odd, there really are no words.

And I always have my pocket knife on me (3" blade).

Kiraela
June 5th, 2008, 04:04 PM
For most of my life, I couldn't keep a pocket knife on me (schools frown on that sort of thing, LOL)... now that I'm out of school though, I keep mine nearby whereever I go.

Oberon88
June 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Once I was waiting in line at some store in the mall, and some guy came up to me and said "You have a lion's mane of hair" and then wandered off.

People are weird....

I will also mention how creepy the bun twister sounded. Glad you arent working there anymore Beldaran!!!

mommy101405
June 5th, 2008, 06:36 PM
My sister keeps telling me to go back to short hair b/c my hair makes me look young. Not sure on what planet that is a bad thing but ok.

buttons
June 5th, 2008, 07:22 PM
The bun twisting thing sounds scary - what a weird guy. I think the strangest thing anyone's ever said about my hair was in high school when this guy who was known to be a bit antisocial randomly told me under his breath that I had "Goddess hair". Umm, wow, thanks!

That's sweet...in a creepy sort of way.

1nuitblanche
June 5th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I think that the dreadlocks thing was an appreciation for your hair and it's length, not an attempt to sabbatoge it.

The strangest thing that people have suggested to me is spiking it all up.

mommy101405
June 5th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I think that the dreadlocks thing was an appreciation for your hair and it's length, not an attempt to sabbatoge it.

The strangest thing that people have suggested to me is spiking it all up.

When I was in middle School I had about your length hair. I dressed up as the bride of Frankenstein for Halloween. Complete with the hair and all. :D

julya
June 6th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Someone said to me, "Are you sure your hair fits into that clip?" I thought it was a strange comment.

Starr
June 6th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Okay the bun twisting is completely creepy! I'm glad you don't work with him anymore.

Can't think of any weird comments I've gotten at the moment. . .

toodramatik
June 6th, 2008, 03:05 AM
I've heard that I look and act a bit like G I Jane and that I should go bald :(

toodramatik
June 6th, 2008, 03:08 AM
OH: I JUST REMEMBERED THIS.

People constantly look at my little sis and I and ask why it is that though I'm older, my hair is shorter.

-.-

SylphideNoir
June 6th, 2008, 09:03 AM
OH: I JUST REMEMBERED THIS.

People constantly look at my little sis and I and ask why it is that though I'm older, my hair is shorter.

-.-

That's hilarious, and quite odd.

Before I chopped I got, "does your hair fall in the toilet?" a lot.