PDA

View Full Version : What is your hair-length goal?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jesis
December 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Forgive me if this has been done before, but I thought it would be fun to see where everyone is trying to grow their hair out to!

So what is your hair-length goal? By this I mean what is your eventual goal, not just short term. I eventually want to maintain at waist!

ETA: If you have already reached your goal, choose that as your hair-goal! :D

bluesnowflake
December 13th, 2010, 04:08 PM
longish hip- I'm currently at waist and I have about 4" to go.

SlightlySoprano
December 13th, 2010, 04:16 PM
since my hair is so thin, my goal is waist right now. If my hemline thickens up, I might go to hip :)

AnnaJamila
December 13th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I plan on growing to classic then seeing how I like it, I might grow to knee, but no more than that. And if I don't like knee, I'll just trim up to whichever marker looked the best. The more I think about it, however, the more attractive knee is looking!!!

There's one user with wavy blonde hair and glasses that has the most beautiful signiture pic where she's in a red/pink dress and her hair falls all the way to her knees. Whenever she makes a comment the screen looks a bit green to me for the rest of the evening... ;)

meggykins
December 13th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I want to grow my hair to classic, then maintain it there until all my dyed hair has grown out

freckles
December 13th, 2010, 04:30 PM
tailbone :) I think it's a beautiful length!

Jenw777
December 13th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I'm thinking Classic, but have toyed around with the idea of thigh length. I won't reach classic till probably this time next year though. So who knows!?

Capybara
December 13th, 2010, 04:47 PM
What a great thread idea!

I'd like to grow my hair to classic length (about another 3 inches to go!), then decide whether to go longer or shorter. I know that layers are in my future, however at what length? No idea!

Khiwanean
December 13th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hip for sure, possibly longer once I get there and see how I like it. I could imagine going as long as classic or even mid-thigh.

hazelnut
December 13th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I would say waist when my hair is dry and curly because straight my hair would be around tailbone length and I think that's all I can handle.:)

Avvoltoio
December 13th, 2010, 05:23 PM
my "mini" goal is hip length to reach first, then the others, until i reach at least knee length, so i voted for knee :)

Lune d'Loup
December 13th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I'd love to grow my hair to knee, but first i want to get to classic then dpending on term. length i will decide to continue to knee.

ArienEllariel
December 13th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I voted knee but I'm not positive about my choice. I want at least Tailbone length though. :)

LisaMonster
December 13th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Right now, my goal is waist, but the longer I stay here, the more I'm toying with the idea of extending it to hip. We'll see...

Hotrox
December 13th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I'm so undecided :confused:

My first goal is BSL, and that seems like its so far away I can't even imagine reaching there right now. Once I get there I'm sure I'll want longer but for the time being my goal is BSL

jesis
December 13th, 2010, 09:37 PM

My first goal is BSL, and that seems like its so far away I can't even imagine reaching there right now. Once I get there I'm sure I'll want longer but for the time being my goal is BSL

I know how you feel, I feel like BSL is still at least months away, we'll get there though!

LissaJane
December 13th, 2010, 11:13 PM
As long as I can get it, until I think it doesn't look nice anymore.
But I don't think I'll go longer than classic, so that's what I voted for.

christine1989
December 13th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Waist for me! When I get there I will grow longer if it is still nice and thick.

mireillemt
December 13th, 2010, 11:21 PM

Exactly!! I voted Classic because that's where'd I'd like to be eventually. But, baby steps. First real goal is BSL... that will take at least a year at this point. -sigh-

Tia2010
December 14th, 2010, 12:28 AM
My goal varies between longish hip and tailbone , but tailbone is the longest I can see myself going . I think ;)

C. sinensis
December 14th, 2010, 12:40 AM
How about "let's see when it hits terminal"? :)

anna francesca
December 14th, 2010, 12:48 AM
oops i thought this was current length, ticked the wrong box. My goal is classic or a solid well cared for TB. Im not sure how to handle classic, and probably this is only me but I always have problems getting through the tangled hair at the back. The longer hair gets, the harder it is just to push a comb or brush through... Maybe Im just doing somehting wrong.

JulietCapulet
December 14th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Whoever is that single person who put "floor", I tip my hat off to you! Wow! I put waist. I don't think my personality would suit anything longer than that.

Loreley
December 14th, 2010, 02:02 AM
I chose knee length. My goal is 50", which is knee length when wet, but lower thigh length when dry. It would be great if I could reach calf length one day. :)

horseprincess
December 14th, 2010, 02:16 AM
"Down to my belly button" as I tell everyone (daily) ;).

aggie_deirde
December 14th, 2010, 03:27 AM
I chose waist because is quite near to my current length and I get satisfaction quickly.I think I would love to get to tbl though!

aggie_deirde
December 14th, 2010, 03:30 AM
I chose waist because is quite near to my current length and I get satisfaction quickly.I think I would love to get to tbl though!

*will get
I'm so clumsy!What would my english teacher say!

ingvild
December 14th, 2010, 04:07 AM
I put waist, although I'm not completely sure. I kind of just want to keep growing and growing... but we'll see!

LittleOak
December 14th, 2010, 04:17 AM
How about "let's see when it hits terminal"? :)

Yes, I feel a little like this. Although I voted for classic, I have this innate fear that it won't go that far :(

LocustSpawning
December 14th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Tailbone. The most flattering length, to me.

Lunakitty
December 14th, 2010, 06:58 AM
I'm gonna say hip. We'll see how it goes and how difficult it is to keep up. Maybe will go longer. Right now I am 1 inch short of bsl.

mrs_coffee
December 14th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Ultimately, I hope to reach waist, but for now I'm concentrating on BSL. Waist seems very far away at the moment. :)

svehex
December 14th, 2010, 07:23 AM
I voted floor, but I acutally have another description: As long as it'll get :)

Wolfmaid
December 14th, 2010, 09:09 AM
My dream length is knee. This would be fantastic! I hope I will ever reach kneelength.

Naphthylamine
December 14th, 2010, 09:12 AM
My current goal is hip. I will linger there for a while and maintain a blunt hemline, then I will go for tailbone. So the ultimate goal is TBL!

growing2shine
December 14th, 2010, 10:13 AM
My ultimate goal is classic length. If I can, im probably going to grow to knee! I have a picture with a very unique style, which I really wanna try!

Bellatrix
December 14th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Waist length to maintain, but I think experiencing hip length would be fun.

Vorvolaka
December 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM
At the moment BSL but as I'm getting closer, I'm thinking waist. I would like to grow out my layers so I may maintain for a while.

It would be very interesting to discover my terminal length though!

Islandgrrl
December 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Knee, terminal, whatever. :cheese:

1nuitblanche
December 14th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I would love having hair to knee. Hip is my favourite length I've been so far, and I'm not sure if I'd stay there or go to classic if knee is impossible for me. Luckily, I've got time to grow still!!

Henrietta
December 14th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Classic for me. Long enough to be considered as long, and short enough to be easily manageable. Or at least I think so:D

Eva_M
December 14th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Myself, I want to reach to a solid waistline, and then I'll go to tailbone!

mkmulwee
December 14th, 2010, 03:09 PM
My goal is floor or terminal whichever comes first.

janeytilllie
December 14th, 2010, 03:30 PM
My final goal is knee length :)

redwoman
December 14th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I voted classic. I have a few inches to go since I'm only at TB right now. I'll maintian there for a while then maybe onto knee.

PraiseCheeses
December 14th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Waist for me, and then we'll see what happens. If I like it and I want to, I'll keep growing it. Waist-length seems like the ideal length for me because it'll be long enough to do all the fancy buns and make pretty braids, but I'll still be able to wear it down every now and then.

Angeletti
December 14th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Classic for now, but if I can get my ends nice and thick from maintaining for a while I will be going on to mid thigh length : )

DiablitaNoir
December 14th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I voted TBL. I'm currently at waist length and my ultimate goal used to be classic, but I've since changed it to tailbone. However, I might change my mind again and go for classic but I don't know yet. Decisions, decisions.

excentricat
December 14th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Waist for sure, though you guys are a bad influence. I plan to maintain at waist for a bit, then we'll see about growing longer.

thatjengirl1
December 14th, 2010, 05:39 PM
My goal is tailbone!
I love this length.
I would go to classic but i dont think i could deal with the sitting on it part lol. also i love wearing my hair down almost everyday, so i think tailbone is the perfect length for me :D

jesis
December 14th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Classic is winning :D

melikai
December 14th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Tailbone length, then maybe on to Classic. I've decided to grow it until it starts to bother me, and becomes not possible (or annoying) to wear it down most of the time.

terrylillyd
December 14th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Hip for me :cheese:

irishlady
December 14th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I voted Mid Back Length, but my goal is more between there and waist, maybe waist. I want my hair to be below the breasts basically.

allurose
December 14th, 2010, 11:02 PM
What a cool idea! I was surprised to see so many people choose classic, I would have thought Waist would be the sure winner. Knee for me, but we'll see!

Yozhik
December 15th, 2010, 06:04 AM
As of now my goal is waist.

I'm getting a little discouraged, though, because waist is so close. How will I obsess over hair once I reach my goal?! I suppose I might either change my goal or begin maintaining at waist with regular trims to get my ends thicker and healthier. We'll see.

Braidmaid
December 15th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I'm in this for the long haul. Currently, I'm real close to classic. I'm curious as to what my terminal length so I'm voting floorlength. I've been told that I'm born in the wrong century, and that's fine with me. I'm inspired by the ladies from a hundred years ago. One of my favorite websites is: www.rapunzelsdelight.com. I would love my hair like that! Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the ride!

Jezerellica
December 15th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Classic is my long term goal now and I wil see how it feels. The changes in my hair as it grows have been surprising, so I don't know how I wil like it at knee length which was my original goal. I will just have to evaluate the ease of care and quaity of the ends. I'm doing my best to treat them like antique lace(I have to care for actua lace so I realy do understand )!!!

Dreams_in_Pink
December 15th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Give me a T!
Give me a B!
Give me a L!
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Carolyn
December 15th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I voted TBL. I'd like to be able to sit on my ends.

eicamawa
December 15th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I've always wanted hair to my tailbone, so for now my goal is reaching there. But I have a lot of hair to grow out, because event hought my hair now is BSL, only some inches are virgin hair, and I have short bangs that I want to grow out... right now they reach to my eyes... so when I have everything grown out to TBL, I will see how it goes after that :)

jesis
December 16th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Let's keep this thread/poll going! I want to see what everyone's goal is! There are lots of members so let's get them all to vote!

Purdy Bear
December 16th, 2010, 10:12 AM
At the moment its TBL, but Iv been looking at a lot of knee lengths and likeing it. I do have to get my hair to grow first, so I have somewhat of a dis-advantage.

Iv had classic when I was a child and found it very annoying to sit on or get caught in cupboards so I might stay at TBL if I ever get there.

Hiriel
December 16th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Classic - I think... It was waist, then became hip and then tailbone. And I'm just realising now that tailbone isn't long at all :P

LunarAurora
December 16th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I do not already know what my definitive goal length is, but I think that Classic is a great one... until I reach it and decide it is not long enough, lol

Becky Safari
December 16th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I'm still holding for tailbone, I enjoy wearing my hair down and don't want to worry about sitting on it

jesis
December 18th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I would love to have tailbone length, but I think with my hair type is would be too hard.

MaKenna90
December 18th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I really would like to maintain hip length. I'm planning on joining the army after i graduate college though, so i may just make it to hip in time to have to cut some off and start over again later. =(

ooo
December 18th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Well, all I want it my hair to cover my bust :o
I don't think BSL will cover it fully. I don't know where mid back would be, so I decided on waist. :D I mean, just to be on the safe side.

BeccaAngel
December 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM
My current hair length is just 6 inches but time and care will help it to grow where i want it to be.

Braidy
December 19th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I'm going for TBL. I think longer is annoying when you let your hair hang down (sitting on it etc.). On the other hand, shorter isn't all that convenient for me when my hair hangs down either cause my hair is really thick and heavy and even on BSL it falls forward all the time. Plus, for most of those gorgeous braiding constructions you need about a meter of hair. So there you go: TBL :cheer:

Timkerbelle
December 19th, 2010, 08:33 AM
If my hair wouldn't look too thin, I would love to have it at BSL. I think it's such a gorgeous length.

soapstone
December 19th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Classic. But it's taking a loooong time. I refuse to have wispy ends, that is the problem.

Pifkin
December 19th, 2010, 07:42 PM
My first goal is waist length, but I think I'm eventually going to try for tailbone if waist length still feels short when I get there.

kteachone
December 19th, 2010, 08:39 PM
I am thinking classic...we'll see!

sarahbrownie
December 20th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Classic, but I might go longer. I'll probably stay at Classic until I can get some type of damage control on my ends.

OperaTeacherMom
December 20th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Waist, Hip, and Tailbone are only a few inches apart on me, so I voted Hip because I'm not completely sure what I'll end up wanting when I get there. Probably whichever length I can get while still retaining some ringlet-y curls.

Vapunzel91
December 21st, 2010, 03:56 AM
I want knee length because I believe I can get there. If I thought I could get it to the point were it dragged a few feet on the floor, I would. Ever since I was little, I had this dream that instead of a veil, my hair would be my veil so I could have the biggest crown ever and decorations in my hair with a rainbow wedding dress... (Can you tell I like rainbow?)

Xan
December 21st, 2010, 03:42 PM
I would love knee length but my dream is ankle length so beautiful. I knew a girl with ankle length hair she had the most beautiful braid waves 3" from floor so stunning.

Venefica
December 23rd, 2010, 02:05 AM
I would really love to get my hair to my knees. I have very think hair so my braid get very short, even if my hair touch my butt my braid only reach a little over mid back. I want a long whiptail braid so I need to have very long hair. However I will have to see when I reach classical if I can manage the upkeep and also if the hair look healthy at those lengths. I would rather have healthy classical than unhealthy to my knees. But I hope to get healthy hair to my knees.

Meridon
December 24th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I would like it to hit tail bone - I'm clumsy and worry that any longer and I'd forever be sitting on it and jerking my head back or something! But longest layers are touching waist now, I just want to grow out some of the shortest layers before I seriously aim for tail bone. I'm hoping for fairytale ends too :D

twilight
December 24th, 2010, 09:32 AM
my goal was tailbone ("butt-crack," actually) but now that i'm there i'm not sure if i have a goal... will i cut it to maintain or let it go? i don't know. classic is looking pretty nice...

of course then i see chicks with pixie cuts and i drool. :rolleyes: but no, i did not spend the last 4 years and tons of henna to whack it. yet.

nena_shawty
December 24th, 2010, 02:30 PM
i voted TBL i love it...

enfys
December 24th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I've said knee because fingertip is my goal, but knee is DH's goal for me! Both are closer to knee than classic.

catastrophe
December 24th, 2010, 02:54 PM
My current long-term goal is waist, but I'm not sure if that will be where I end up maintaining. My hair has never been that long before, so I can't wait to see how it looks at that length! :D

IcarusBride
December 24th, 2010, 03:34 PM
My goal is mid-thigh! It wasn't an option on the poll, so I selected "knee" hehe. Actually, I believe I won't be able to grow my hair that long due to genetics, but I want to reach at least classic before terminal!

Lianna
December 25th, 2010, 01:33 AM
I think TB or classic, when I get to TB, I'll see. Marked TB.

naturegirl321
December 25th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I'd like to get to TB or a little below that, so that my hair touches my chair when I sit on it.

jesis
December 27th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Sorry if i missed some, but I could only have 10 options! :D My ultimate goal is waist still, even after being on LHC for almost a month I'm not sure I could go any longer than that.

charalito
December 27th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I want to go to waist, BSL is the longest I've ever been and I've already passed that mark :happydance:

Carrie Ingalls
December 27th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Never really set a goal, but I am maintaining at ankle. Letting it grow to floor and then trimming back to ankle. At this point I am trimming in the range of 3"-4.5" approximately every 6-7 months.

indiana
December 27th, 2010, 09:08 PM
TBL is my next stage and I am currently enamoured with Classic. I can see the goal, just need to be patient.....

Fufu
January 2nd, 2011, 09:57 PM
Waist for me :) When I was young 5 years old, my hair was at my hip bone area... so now I'm aiming for a waist hair length... at

leoninnu
January 2nd, 2011, 11:50 PM
I'm going for the classic, just to see if I can grow my hair that long. Longest I've ever had was somewhere between hip and tailbone and that was when I didn't take care of my hair at all and it was in awful condition so I'm pretty hopeful that I can grow it longer than that. If/when I reach that I might decide to try terminal or trim to tailbone (easier to manage than hair that you can sit on I hear) but only time will tell :)

SR
January 3rd, 2011, 12:28 AM
Aiming for classic length here.

Veer666
January 3rd, 2011, 12:47 AM
My goal for now is classic, but I voted floor, because I am really curious how that would be...

Cupofmilk
January 3rd, 2011, 03:06 AM
Classic - beacuse that's where I was (ok 2 inches off) when I cut my hair. No longer as I simply can't cope with it

musicallberrii
January 3rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
Currently I really want tailbone length, but I think classic would be beautiful too =)

CastaDiva
January 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
Right now, my goal is somewhere between classic and mid thigh, but that could change:)

Panth
January 4th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I ticked knee, because that's what I'm actively aiming for at the moment, but really I want to see how long it *can* get with my genes before I get to the stage where age is beginning to affect the potential. The only thing that'll stop that is if I get bored of it (properly bored - I've never been one for impulse decisions) or if I can't look after it, or if it gives me headaches. But, it's pretty fine so headaches shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I really do love how knee looks, though, so I might maintain at knee. If I don't like it, I'll go back to TB as I know that is the longest I can have it and wear it loose. Any longer and I sit on it too much, resulting in raggy nasty ends.

ElusiveMuse
January 4th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I suspect somewhere around tailbone/classic is my terminal length, so my goal is really as long as possible without looking unhealthy.

claireozzy
January 5th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Tailbone for me

skyblue
January 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM
about mid thigh, I got about two yrs to go!

annieangel149
January 5th, 2011, 04:34 PM
waist for me!

LadyG
January 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I want to grow to hip.

Medievalmaniac
January 6th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Well, the current plan is to get to TBL, but if that works out well and the ends thicken up, I'm not ruling out classic anymore!:p

mustpannkook
January 6th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I chose knee but if it'll go longer I wouldn't mind that. It's a long way to go...

Nae
January 6th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Erm, well, this one took me ages to decide. I chose classic but I don't know. I have been thinking TB for so long. Gotta get to TB but then..........classic looks wonderful.

And then knee is looking pretty gorgeous and then I clicked on Carrie Ingalls album and nearly fell off the couch in admiration. The curiosity is getting me.......could I make it to ankle? What would that be like? Ack!!!

What to do? What to do? For the record, when I started here I wanted waist, I figure in a few years I will want to grow it past my toes..........who knows!!!

lascuba
January 7th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I voted BSL, but that's when curly. When straight it would almost waist. I've been that length before, but my hair is so thin that I didn't like how I looked. Once I get there, I'll reassess and decide to either maintain, keep growing, or cut.

stefafra
January 7th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Between waist and hip, where I keep it now, sort of.
Longer would be nice but then I think I will have to keep it up all the time.

halfbroke
January 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
For now my goal is waist, but i might go to tailbone.

sarahramen
January 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM
i voted waist, for now at least;)

sugarpixie10988
January 7th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Waist for me. I may grow all the way to hip if I can deal with waist length!

CiannaitTrozel
January 8th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Well here is the thing, I was going for waist. However, would you call this waist?

http://i51.tinypic.com/168an2v.jpg

If so, I think I might aim for hip haha.

silversnow
January 8th, 2011, 04:51 AM
That looks like waist to me, CiannaitTrozel. :}

My goal is knee+, so I voted floor.

CiannaitTrozel
January 11th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I'm so happy I'm at my goal! Now to actully hit there when my hair is in it's naturl curly stage Lol! However I'm not sure I'm going to like it, Maybe I'll try for TB.

miss_purple
January 11th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Waist for me. I may grow all the way to hip if I can deal with waist length!

I agree with you. :)

Fiammetta
January 11th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Hip, quite a ways to go.

Shrew
January 15th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I voted knee-length.
But now I'd love to have so long hair that I have to lift it before I sit on a chair ;)

SandraRebekka
January 15th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I think tailbone, I think that is such a beautiful length.

virgo75
January 15th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I voted knee but that's only if my hair stays at least medium thickness and isn't impossible to deal with.

If I find it hard to deal with or it thins out, then I'll stick with my original goal of tailbone to classic - depending on how it is at those lengths. ;)

mira-chan
January 15th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I'm at my goal and the option wasn't there so I chose the closest to it. classic. My goal was thigh length and I reached it and am now maintaining there. I'll stay at this length until the ends thicken up a bit and then I may grow longer, I'll see.

Anywhere
January 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I didn't know if I should put TBL or CL.. so I picked TBL. That is where I want my hair to be when wurly/curly and dry. About classic when straight I'm assuming.

beez1717
January 17th, 2011, 09:38 PM
My goal is to either reach ankle length or terminal length which ever comes first. I think super long hair is so pretty! Who here agrees with me?

PiroskaCicu
January 17th, 2011, 10:28 PM
My goal right now is waist, but I want to have tailbone length hair eventually so I chose TBL.

LindainCO
January 17th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Waist I hope. BSL still seems far away, but if I can get to that point, I will be happy, waist, I will be thrilled!

And if I'm not tired of it, maybe I will go to hip.

Freki
January 18th, 2011, 01:22 AM
I picked knee length, although I may stop somewhere between classic and knee. I always admire that length whenever I see it and I think my hair can get there while still being somewhat manageable.

bondgirl
January 18th, 2011, 06:52 AM
TBL eventually would be great, but I don't think that's realistic. I'll be very happy if I can reach healthy, beautiful hair at BSL (unstreched).

Tabi
January 25th, 2011, 01:37 PM
My goal for now is hip but I would really like to see if fingertip length looks good on me.

Nymphea
January 31st, 2011, 09:24 AM
I voted TB, but when I come there, I think I would go for classic. :D

Then I can think about staying at classic or going back to TB, hip, or even waist.

aldasbeke
January 31st, 2011, 09:25 AM
I'd love waist length hair again! I miss mine!

skyblue
February 1st, 2011, 03:40 PM
I'm aiming for classic but if my hair wants to continue I wouldn't be against it ;)
I should reach classic by this time next year!!

Reinhilda
February 1st, 2011, 06:09 PM
I finally hit waist length, but now my goal is classic. I'm very hopeful because, in terminal length my mom's nearly hits her knees.

ladyjo
February 2nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
At the moment I'm aiming for all one length at waist, but I'm sure once I reach it my goal will change :)

niko_land
February 2nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
My current goal is waist but that could very well change ;)

Mesmerise
February 3rd, 2011, 05:23 AM
I came to this forum with a goal of waist... BUT my goal has now moved to hip!! I will probably leave it at waist for awhile though to thicken it up... I've got about 3" to waist and another 3" on top of that to hip soooo theoretically if I wanted I could just shoot for hip by the end of the year (possibly... as it's only 6" and I should do that in 11 or so months) and then maintain at hip rather than maintaining at waist...

But I think I'm getting ahead of myself ;) LOL let's get to waist first and then see!

lockswitoutkeys
February 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
i wanna grow it all the way till waistlength. then the next day, i'll go chop it all off to SL. muahah.

CarpeDM
February 4th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I'm working towards BSL right now, after that I will have to see what comes next!

Bubbleguppy
February 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
My ultimate goal is to get my hair to hip length. But who knows, my goals might change once I get it there! Hopefully by then I can learn to do some more styles to my hair in order to protect it when it gets that long!

Alix
February 5th, 2011, 07:40 PM
My goal is waist length, and I don't really plan on going much further then that. Thats to much hair to handle. And then when I get tired of waist I'm gonna chop it to SL and start over.

ZephyrStorms
February 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I want to go waaay beyond classic length. I once knew a lady who's hair was so long it trailed along behind her on the floor. It was beautiful.

Cirafly24
February 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I'm aiming for classic but if my hair wants to continue I wouldn't be against it ;)
I should reach classic by this time next year!!

I must echo this, exactly. Originally, my goal was TBL, but now I want to go on to classic, and longer if possible! I should also get there by this time next year, with classic being at about 46"

SummerSkye
February 6th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I'd like mine back to my waist with fairytale ends just going down towards hip

rocket_surgeon
February 6th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Right now, my goal is waist-length hair. But, I'll see how I feel about it when my hair gets that long; I might want to go longer.

KellyGormley
February 6th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Tailbone, but I don't know that will ever happen my hair is so stubborn. So right now im jsut hoping to ever make it past bsl

svehex
February 12th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I guess I should change my vote to tailbone. Anything longer won't be practical for me.

Zefyra
February 12th, 2011, 05:02 PM
My ultimate goal is between hip and tailbone... I dont think I'd go longer than that though because I fully intend to wear my long flowy hair done 90% of the time... The other 10% would naturally be on stormy days or the odd occasion I feel like putting it up...
Though for right now my mini goal is APL... Should be about 3 months!

cuticom
February 12th, 2011, 05:58 PM
My current goal is BSL, though if I could get it to waist with a straight across trim I would be overjoyed. I'm not fond of fairy tail ends.

AZDesertRose
February 12th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I'm staying at waist for a bit while I grow out layers and an ill-advised fringe/bangs, but my eventual goal is classic for now. We'll see if I want to go longer when I get there. Part of me is curious to see how long my hair will grow, but part of me is kind of like, "Well, won't it be a pain that long?" So I voted classic.

principessa1984
February 13th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Waist length when my hair is straightened

Hala
February 13th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I'd like mine back to my waist with fairytale ends just going down towards hip

That's where I've been holding for the past couple of years, doing minor self trims but pretty much staying about that length.

I woke up the other morning deciding to shoot for classic, and am amping up all my growth-and-care standards accordingly!

krissykins
February 13th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I voted tailbone, but it's kind of a toss-up. If I get to tailbone and decide to keep growing, I'll only go to classic at the most. But if I don't like tailbone, I'll probably only go as short as hip length. :p

Jules diamond
February 13th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Hip/tailbone wavy is my ultimate goal. I think that'd be the most flattering.

2peasinapod
February 14th, 2011, 05:20 AM
I voted BSL, but I'm probably going to reconsider when I get there. My hair is a little past APL and just long enough to do some of the styles I've been dreaming about since I started growing my hair. I love how my hair is easier to take care of as it gets longer.

When I reach BSL, I plan to maintain for a little while to get rid of the layers, then maybe head for waist!

Quahatundightu
February 14th, 2011, 06:25 AM
I voted classic because that's my dream :) But I am trying to grow to TB, I wouldn't be surprised if my hair won't grow longer than that. So my realistic goal is TB!

Jeno86
February 15th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I want to see just how long my hair will grow but I will settle with floor length.

Luna12345
February 17th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I want mine to be waist length. It's currently a little below my shoulder but when straightened it's either armpit length or bsl (I haven't straightened for a while so I'm not exactly sure.)......so I still have a long way to go =(

Ashenputtel
February 17th, 2011, 11:44 AM
My Hair lenght is waist one-layer. It's gonna take me about 3 years to get there best case scenario.

always-remember
February 17th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I agree. I voted floor but want it to grow as long as it can.
Need another option for longer than floor:)

I want to see just how long my hair will grow but I will settle with floor length.

estelwen
February 17th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Classic... I've reached tailbone three times in the last ten years and gotten bored. however, this time around, I'm doing great and totally enjoying the process.

Curly_jas
March 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM

This! I think for a now my goal is BSL, Feel like it's going to take awhile though! Once i get to BSL i think i would love to get to waist and maintain it :)

Knotted
March 27th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Waist...but I'm first to admit I change my mind a lot, so maybe I'll set a new goal after I get there. :)

elbow chic
March 27th, 2011, 10:28 AM
BSL! I'm currently at can-I-call-this-BSL, but solid BSL will be my longest yet. :D

And thanks to LHC, it's actually in the best condition it's ever been in.

Waist is lovely, I think, but it still seems impossible for me. Maybe someday. :p

Debra83
March 27th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Waist! I'm currently brushing BSL so not too far to go!!! Once I get to waist I plan to trim until it's just Henna'd hair, then maybe I'll grow longer.

squee
March 27th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I want mid calf....but that's only if my hair can grow that far. :)

fairystar32
March 27th, 2011, 09:33 PM
looking about hip length, I am at waist now ;)

gthlvrmx
March 27th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Give me the ever flowing and growing hair!!! Long hair for life, im growing it all my life and see how far it goes ;) It'll teach me to just relax more and watch the beauty of the nature of my hair :)

gthlvrmx
March 27th, 2011, 09:43 PM
My goal is to either reach ankle length or terminal length which ever comes first. I think super long hair is so pretty! Who here agrees with me?

I think it's the most beautiful thing!!! It's so wonderful to see someone just go to that point. :)

candlesandfish
March 27th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Classic for me, and I'm only an inch or so away. I always thought longer would be nice, but classic seems perfect - I love my hair the length it is, and want to grow the ends out (you can tell where I started taking care of my hair, even though most of it has been trimmed out - I had a five inch "trim" a few months ago!), and classic is a nice length to keep it at I think :)

sunshine-locks
March 28th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Both my mum and my sister BOTH had stick straight, blonde, thick classic length hair in their youth, and I wish i could have that too, but my hair is way thinner, so my goal is either waist or hip :)

AndreaPetrea
March 28th, 2011, 10:19 AM
My goal is waist. But only if my hair will not look too thin at that length.

Sweetie
March 28th, 2011, 11:58 AM
...I voted waist lenght!
I find it the perfect lenght!!
Many inches for me to go.... :ponder:

Lozzie
April 4th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I voted floor length. Not sure if my fine hair will get there without looking really bad! Currently at waist. Getting fairytale ends now and contemplating trimming... not sure. Really need to get some pics up!!

MonaLisa
April 4th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I voted TBL, but it's actually hip - TBL. I like to be able to wear it loose. I really got no talents when it comes to updos, and most are just too heavy and give me headaches :)
Will always admire those great lengths too tho :)

MeganE
April 4th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I want TBL long term, but I may make a detour at terminal, just for fun. :)

Scarlet_Tear
April 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM
hip or TBL :) for the moment hip would be a great result!

CTH3989
April 4th, 2011, 11:26 AM
My goal is tail bone.

ashke50
April 7th, 2011, 09:03 AM
For now I want waist, but if possible I would love TBL or classic. I don't think my hair will get that long, and I am fairly certain it won't get any longer than that, so seems a bit pointless to set them as my goal. Will see how I do getting to waist!

Ithildae
April 7th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I chose classic. When I reach it i`m going to trim to get a bit of the fairytale ends off. Maybe I will consider growing to knee afterwards.

JamieLeigh
April 8th, 2011, 04:30 AM
I didn't vote...my goal isn't a length goal. I don't have one. It's got a life of its own.

When it wants to be trimmed, I trim it. When it wants to grow (like now) I let it grow. Currently it wants to be midthigh length with no trimming this year, so that's what I'm giving it. If that changes, the answer will be "Yes, right away, Your Majesty." :)

anniebelle
April 8th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I would really like to get my hair to waist length, but my first goal is getting it healthier. :) And then I'll go from there.

lm119
April 9th, 2011, 09:25 AM
voted waist length

SallyCinnamon
April 9th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I voted waist too. I think it's a manageable length and I could still wear it down if I felt like it. Also, part of my goal is thick blunt ends and a straight-across cut.

Foxie2
April 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I'd be happy with bra strap if I can get it healthy

celebriangel
April 11th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I voted classic, because I'd love to get there, though I think I'll go for health/thickness over length. My mini-goals are waist and TB, and I'd be wonderfully happy to maintain at TB if I found it to be the most attractive/manageable length on me.

I'd quite like to see how long my hair will physically grow, though...and then maybe cut back to classic or TB:cheese:

Cawoline
April 11th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I voted classic, but I'm not quite sure yet. It depends on the health of my hair too, if it's too damaged I would probably prefer keeping it a little shorter but prettier. My first goal is one meter of hair, just because of the symbolic of this number !

Pumpkin
April 14th, 2011, 11:46 AM
My goal is waist length....my hair is now just touching the top of my bra strap!! Woo Hoo!! :cheese:

vanillabones
April 14th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I wish I could take back my vote :) after being here a few months if my hair can even grow past waist my eventual goal would be hip and I'm flirting with the idea of TBL! But my hair is so thin that's more of just a dream :o

jeanniet
April 14th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I voted hip (and I hope I haven't voted in this poll before, lol; sometimes I forget), but really that's just a guess. Before I thought waist would be long enough, but now that I'm almost there hip sounds better, so maybe when I get to hip I'll want to go to classic. My goal is as long as possible, given that I can take care of it well and it doesn't feel like too much.

zina
April 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I voted MBL, but I want my virgin hair to grow that long, I'll keep trimming the bleach off until I get there. So far I've only got a few inches of roots.

maborosi
April 14th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Anywhere between 33~36" I think. We'll see how it ends up when I get closer (I'm at a bit over 26" right now)

~maborosi~

Nanni
April 15th, 2011, 03:00 AM
I'm going for a hip-tailbone length. Guess it will take around 2 years.

Tefnut
April 15th, 2011, 01:45 PM
My aim was waist length but after looking at photos on here, i've decided i want to go to hip length :)

Kathie
April 15th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Waist for me! I've had BSL before so its nice to try and simply go a step further.

Baileygirl
April 15th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Waist length

owlathena
April 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I said "floor," but thats not exactly a realistic goal. What I meant is that my goal is to grow my hair as long as possible, which probably wont make it all the way to the floor, especially because I love wearing it down all the time. I could make some AMAZING updos with that hair, but it would be quite a mess, not to mention look silly with floor length hair if it was always down.

|Xei
April 15th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Mine is hip-length. But when my ends get thicker, I might try going to tailbone length and see how that works out for me. I do like how hip length looks on me though.

chenille
April 16th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I voted for waist since it'll take some time & some work to get there with healthy hair. Although, a part of me thinks it would be so interesting to literally have to twitch my hair out of the way to sit down. That would be tailbone, no? Or longer if I'm imagining a braid. Oh well, first goal first, then think about what to do after that. :)

soni92
April 16th, 2011, 10:34 PM
WAIST!! growing from SL!! wish me luck (and patience):cheese:

Lizbeth
April 17th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Classic length, at least I dream of it. But I don't think I'll get there.

silkheart
April 17th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I want to get to waist length! But if I get too lazy to cut it I guess I'll just let it grow until I do cut it. I definitely will want it to stay around the waist though.

Raiscake
April 18th, 2011, 08:42 AM
My eventual goal is tailbone. :D Mini-goal is waist.

TheBluffs
April 18th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I'm crossed between knee and floor. ;)

RitaPG
April 18th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I'm torn between Classic and Knee.

RitaCeleste
April 18th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I said waist because I want to always wear it down. It may not get much longer. If it does, I'll be cool with it until its so long I'm sitting on it or dipping it in the toilet. Barring horrifying hair misadventures it can just keep on going after I get to waist length. lol

Calaelen
April 18th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I actually want mine mid calf, but knee was my original goal, and still a long way off..

wavyR
April 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM
My current goal is waist length. Possibly hip length after that, but I'll decide after I reach waist. Who knows, I might just cut it into a short bob after reaching waist. I get bored easily haha.

saera
April 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Currently BSL....hopefully by the end of the year.

Emo~Flowers
April 22nd, 2011, 06:58 PM
I want it at my waist so bad.
I envy those long, fabulous locks.

Lunarise
April 24th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I really really want it to be waist length again.

Just cut it though.. and am not even at my shoulders yet :(

Freyariane
April 26th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I want classic length *-* !!!
I'm at waist length cut in blunt BUT have also two thick locks of hair at neck/shldr which make my hair to look thinner that they are! Grr I hate that and it's all my fault. I cut that myself in late 2009... Just for the style (long in the back, short in the front). I want to keep my bangs (which is not rather thick) but badly want the other hair at the same length.... I have to wait about 2 years (for them to reach waist length).

So I don't know when it would be at classic length :(

SirFS
April 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I'm looking forward to waist length...

Theobroma
April 26th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I voted classic. In practice, I think I'll stop at whatever length I can still just about comb it out with a single stroke all the way down the length. If I have to start wadding it up to get at the ends, I think I'd get too annoyed with the logistics to enjoy the length!

TyRico
April 27th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I would love to have waist length hair

Biedronka
April 27th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Classic,with a nice blunt straight thick hemline...and if it's really nice and healthy I may try some funky semi permanent dyes..that will take about a year though.:pray:grow,grow,grow...

Idun
April 27th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I have the goal of 1 meter hair. But as I am coming closer I think now I will go for classic.

hsdoodles
April 27th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I really want either waist or tailbone. I'm still undecided just because I'll have to see the length before I'll know. :) First, I just want to get to waist all one layer! I hate my layers so much, gah. >.<

nuri
April 27th, 2011, 04:16 PM
My main goal was originally bra strap to start, and evaluate from there. Then my sister in law needed a hair model to graduate cosmotology school (I wasn't supposed to be; long story; suffice it to say, I was the only person she knew with at least shoulder length hair that could take time off of work) and trimmed off a bit more than I anticipated when she demostrated her hair cut. At least it looks really nice and I get mostly free hair service now.

Now I'm just hoping to get to armpit someday. I didn't think my hair grew this slowly...

liloi
April 27th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I would love to have hip length :)

Curlyg27
April 28th, 2011, 05:16 PM
I think it would be crazy to go all the way down to knees, ultra long. But I doubt I can get that long (something about terminal length) I will go for it! The important thing is that it looks good and well taken care of.

cameronscurls
April 29th, 2011, 08:56 AM
i only really want my hair down to a bit below bra strap lengh.. seems pretty short compared to most other peoples goals!!

Aniah
April 30th, 2011, 06:55 AM
waist waist waist!

erialc
April 30th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I'd say waist, but I've never had hair longer than barely APL so I don't even know if I can reach waist... we'll see!

Bene
April 30th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Somewhere mid-butt? I don't even know anymore.

Wavelin
May 1st, 2011, 11:45 PM
I want a healthy, wavy, v-shaped waist length! Mostly because I don't think I would wear it down if it was longer.

jojo
May 10th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I originally wanted waist length but now I am there it seems too short, so I am aiming for classic which is another 12" off or 3 years with trims.........hopefully!

Automne
May 10th, 2011, 12:13 PM
It used to be waist, then I thought hip is better but no way I would want longer. Now I think maybe tailbone lol.

Sharifa
May 11th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I just want to see how long my hair can grow!

Vipera Berus
May 13th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I&#180;m aiming for tailbone, but that can change when I get there.

myotislucifugus
May 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I want to see what my terminal length, maybe going to be classic. The mini goal is classic, true goal is blunt ended classic.

My dream hair is auburn floor length blunt ended hair, so I guess I'm just going to keep chasing the dream. Mixed up henna last night, its now in the freezer for tonight. On my way to the goal...

NaiadOreiad
May 14th, 2011, 12:26 AM
My goal is hip because of my taper. I think wasit would look awesome on me but I know it won't FEEL long until I hit hip.

Hairfreaky
May 14th, 2011, 09:40 AM
My goal ist terminal length. Can't take too long before I'm there, it's very thin at the ends. I hope I'll make it to ankle this year though

Jean Stuart
May 14th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Tail bone length, but I am due for a trim.

AlleyKitten
May 14th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Knee. If I can, I may keep growing, but my plan is to get to knee and maintain to thicken the ends. Then again, my original goal was the small of my back, and that went out the window pretty fast, so I may just grow to terminal length, wherever that is.

CrystalStar
May 14th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Healthy, henna'd MBL-Hip length here!

allmixedup88
May 14th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Below my waist naturally and tail bone straightened... I have really thick and curly/wavy hair & any longer may be too much for me to handle, lol

islandboo
May 14th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I've been tailbone before, so I want to try to go for classic just to see how it would look. But I really liked tailbone, so I might end up cutting back to that even if I do attain classic.

kd did
May 14th, 2011, 11:23 PM
When I started on this site I stated I wanted a healthy head of BSL hair-but that might change once I get there!;)

phoepha
May 15th, 2011, 12:11 AM
My goal is waist: I've always wanted healthy waist length hair! last time I grew I was so close (only a couple inches away) but then chopped it all off (( hopefully this time I'll reach my goal!

Ciridae
May 15th, 2011, 12:25 AM
I hope to find my terminal length, but I'll settle for Classic! Sadly, I probably won't get there before my 40th birthday. Here's to hoping though. =)

Qadupae
May 15th, 2011, 02:07 AM
I put hip, but I'd really be happy at this point with anywhere between waist and TBL ^_^

Qadupae
May 15th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Sorry about the double post >< Stupid internet...

share801
May 15th, 2011, 03:24 AM
I voted waist but my definition is slightly stricter than LHC uses, so maybe more of hip in reality.

SwordWomanRiona
May 15th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I've decided to go from classic to mid-thigh as soon as my ends thicken up a bit. Maybe even knee, if my hair agrees :D

KlarissaD
May 15th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Mine is waist.

Stub
May 15th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I really don't have a goal. I don't know what length I can tolerate (migraines) or at what length I will think it's too much trouble to care for. So I'm just letting it grow until I reach a decision. But for now, it's not nearly long enough! :)

pcolahairgirl
May 17th, 2011, 12:45 PM
My goal is to have TBL hair which is going to take me 3 years! Does anyone know where I can find the link to the actual measurements each of these goal lengths are? Sorry, I am a newbie :) I have no idea how many inches TBL actually is!

slz
May 17th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Firefly
May 17th, 2011, 02:42 PM
My original goal was waist, but now that I'm here I think I might like to try TB or Hip. I voted TB since I couldn't do both. :)

Ashenputtel
May 17th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I wrote waist but mid-back would be fine too. I like to wear it down a lot and below that would be hard to maintain. Who knows, once I get rid of the layers and the dammage I might grow it longer.