PDA

View Full Version : Average number of inches between BSL and Waist?

BellCat
December 13th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I went from BSL to Waist in 5 months (june-november) How can I tell how many inches I grow per month? I can't measure the length of BSL on myself as I am on my own for a while, does anyone know the average number of inches between the two. I'm trying to figure out how long it will take me to grow 7 inches to reach my goal of Hip.

phistash
December 13th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I have no idea what the average is (nor how that would be calculated), but I was curious what that measurement was on me the other day, so I carefully measured it. I have long arms that I can stretch behind my back, so it's not too difficult. I know I have a long torso, but I was pretty disappointed to see that I have 10" to go! I grow quickly, but even so, I have at least a year before I get to waist.

BellCat
December 13th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I have no idea what the average is (nor how that would be calculated), but I was curious what that measurement was on me the other day, so I carefully measured it. I have long arms that I can stretch behind my back, so it's not too difficult. I know I have a long torso, but I was pretty disappointed to see that I have 10" to go! I grow quickly, but even so, I have at least a year before I get to waist.
im roughly guessing on myself there is 6 inches between my bra and waist :/ but the tape kept falling out of my hands :S lol!!

jenjen10
December 13th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I think this would vary a lot from person to person based on whether or not you are long waisted... I have a VERY long torso so there is a huge expanse between my BSL and waist. :-(

HairFaerie
December 13th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I would venture to say this is a very diverse number. It would totally depend on individual body shape.
I too have a long torso but most of it is in my upper back. If you look in my album, I did a pick that shows the milestones on me and I was VERY surprised to see that I do not have very much distance at all between BSL & waist.

jojo
December 13th, 2010, 02:47 PM
The average growth is 1/2" a month, some quicker some slower it depends, for me there is 4" difference but then it depends what you determine as BSL, a lot of people measure the top of the bra strap for me, I wear the bra back low and measured from the bottom.

6"= approx 12 months of growth. I take on average a year to reach each milestone
Ears to neck=1 year
neck to shoulder=1 year
apl to bsl=1 year
bsl to waist= 1.5 years (id had a stressful year which can slow growth down a lot)

Of course this is only an average for me, you may well be a lot different!

mellie89
December 13th, 2010, 03:09 PM
For me, BSL and waist are 6" apart. BSL is 25", waist is 31". Of course, it can vary a LOT depending on whether or not you are high-waisted, how tall you are, how long your torso is, where the band on your bra hits you, etc.

Even if BSL and waist are relatively close together on you, that is still some very fast growth. I bet you get close to an inch per month! Lucky girl. :)

Helenae
December 3rd, 2011, 03:54 PM
I'm 29" inches and 5'2 - I consider myself half way between BSL and Waist!

Shona
December 3rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
I am 5' 0 and BSL on me is 24 inch, and waist is 30 inch. It took my a year to get from an inch above APL to almost solid BSL, hoping to get to waist soon :-)!

girlcat36
December 3rd, 2011, 04:42 PM
I'm 5'4", and BSL is 25.5" on me(measuring to the bottom of the bra strap), and waist is 30". So I have 4.5" in between.

allycat
December 3rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Bellcat, I was looking at your picture on my iphone, so it was bigger and I could see that your hair in June looks like it was about 2/3 the way down your upper arm (from shoulder to elbow), and now it looks to be about at elbow or maybe an inch past. Why don't you estimate that spot from January on your arm and take a measurement. That might be pretty close. It looks like your hair grows well - it looks like about 5-6 inches maybe?

(Eta: just saw that this op is from a year ago...oops! Oh well, for anyone else, I sometimes use my arms to help measure things. I've also noticed that there can be big differences on people as to where their elbows are. I thought it could sort of stand in for the same as waist but I've seen some very high-waisted and low-waisted folks, and elbows don't always line up with waist that's for sure. My elbows are actually closer to hip.)

beccababesx
December 4th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Looking at your siggy I'm guessing around 3 inches, which means you grow around 0.6 inches per month. This means you will take just under 12 months to reach hip :)

beccababesx
December 4th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Allycat you threw me off, now I answered it :p haha so much advice for a girl who's probably long reached her goal length! Although knowing LHC she'll probably now have decided on knee ;)

allycat
December 4th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Beccababesx, the same thing happened to me! I got thrown off too by previous posters to me, lol.

jacqueline101
December 4th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I'm 5ft7in and I went from shoulder length to half ways to the middle of my arm pit. I was at shoulder in may and now december my hair is middle of my arm pit. I measured my hair and I have 7 inches until bra strap length as it was stated I wear my bra lower on the back see my album pics they will clear up my description. I'm guessing I will reach bra strap length this spring.

patienceneeded
December 4th, 2011, 08:44 AM
There is only about 3-4" between BSL and waist on me. Right now I am hovering at "Am I BSL NOW?" (I'm about 1/2" away) from the bulk of my hair being solidly on my bra-strap. I'm pretty sure I'll be there by the end of the month. I'm hoping for waist by next summer (June or July?) It seems to take me about 6 months to hit a goal, at least so far. I joined LHC almost a year ago (12/18) and was just below shoulder, so it's taken a year get to BSL from shoulders. Most of my height is in my legs though, so I imagine once I get my hair to my rear-end it will take longer to get from one goal to the next. I have LONG legs for a person who is only 5'6".

lapushka
December 4th, 2011, 10:01 AM
2.5 to 3 inches, I guess. I'm a little past BSL right now.