PDA

View Full Version : When can I call it BSL?

Periwinkle
June 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM
My hair is at a point where I could probably get away with calling it BSL, even though I have about another inch to go. However, I'm not sure exactly where I'm measuing to: the top of the strap? the bottom?

Also, my hair is drastically different lengths depending on whether it's brushed or not. It's also got vastly different amounts of curl, so I find it hard to hairtype as well. Can anyone help?

In all these photos, my hand has one finger at the top of my strap and the other at the bottom. The other hand is on my hip. They're all taken 3 days after washing.

Unbrushed and mostly without braid waves. I combed it in the morning and put a ponytail in, then took this photo in the afternoon:
http://imagedo.com/files/uckdnxljbv0kbd2nyo.jpg

Then combed:
http://imagedo.com/files/nuxvci45qwsfh7e05nrc.jpg

And finally brushed:
http://imagedo.com/files/e6cts53v7yubq32ev99.jpg

GlennaGirl
June 4th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Holy cow, those waves. Oh, how beautiful.

I personally think BSL probably means it covers at least part of the bra strap. But you are a wavy so pulled down, I'm sure it does that. You can call it what you like...any way you slice it, by comparison to most people, it's already long. You've achieved a milestone so it's time to do the Happy Little Long Hair Dance!

lora410
June 4th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I consider at at the bottom of the bra strap, but it goes by what makes you feel good :)

Lixie
June 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I'd say your hair is at BSL and have to agree with GlennaGirl - your hair really is beautiful! :)

Sana
June 4th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I would say upper part as that comes earlier:disco: Congrats on reaching a milestone & you have very pretty hair:)

hurricane_gia
June 4th, 2008, 09:39 AM
For myself, I didn't count it as BSL until it covered the bottom of my bra strap, while it was wavy (not pulled down). I didn't want to call it BSL until it was long enough to look BSL to other people. I thought, if I have to tug on it and hold it in place, then it doesn't count.

But -- it's your hair, call it what you want! Just remember, the earlier you declare yourself at BSL, the further away waist will seem!

florenonite
June 4th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I'd say you can if you like. I called it BSL once it was at the bottom of my shoulder-blades, because once I call it BSL I start to feel like it's long, which makes me feel better about it.

bunnii
June 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I say call it bsl if you want too. But i agree with Gia that waist will seem further away.

seriously gorgeous hair though. So thick and shiney and wow, those waves *envy*
:)

spidermom
June 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I considered mine BSL (bottom of shoulder-blade length, since we don't all wear bras around here) when my hair length reached the bottom of my shoulder blade.

And I agree with everybody else; you have terrific hair. The wave, the shine, the volume, oh my!

ladystar
June 4th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I think Its BSL!!! YAY!!!! Congrats!!! Your hair is beautiful.

Curlsgirl
June 4th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I hereby declare you BSL!!!! :cheese::cheese::cheese: CONGRATS!!!

It's takes forever to get to waist anyway no matter when you call BSL :p Or maybe it's just ME :D

birthmarkie
June 4th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I would say you are at BSL - CONGRATS! :skittles::toast:

I am going to call it BSL from the top of my strap to the bottom (25-26"). One more inch to go for me!

Islandgrrl
June 4th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Beautiful waves! :applause I think you could call that BSL if you wanted to!

I have a little hair envy.....

Blueneko
June 4th, 2008, 12:08 PM
That is certainly BSL. Beautiful hair! :)

And I have the longest back ever. :(

Anje
June 4th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I'd call it BSL.

Then again, I tend to wear sports bras, so the top of BSL isn't far from armpit, especially in racerback ones!

Sherri
June 4th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I considered mine bsl when my length covered my bra strap, but that was just me personally. You have beautiful hair and congrats on your length.