PDA

View Full Version : help for wedding do

krn2891
December 12th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I am in a wedding coming up in a month and the Bride would like all of us to have our hair in a pony tail with it curlie. The problem is my hair will not hold curl for anything. I did a test run the other day putting it in curlers when it was 99% dry leaving them in for over 12 hours hairspraying them (I know a LHC sin) and still within 2 hours they were flat. Any suggestions on how to get my hair that is past TB length to stay curly for more then 2 hours?

PineappleJello
December 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM
If you use the rag curl type things, they are they only thing that will curl my hair.

krn2891
December 12th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I did use rag curl type things. It looked really good when I first took them out but like I said with in 2 hours my hair had pulled it straight

IcarusBride
December 12th, 2010, 05:17 PM
This sounds ridiculous when you have TB length hair, but... Maybe get a curly hairpiece, such as the kind on a scruchie, so you make a bun with your own hair and put the hairpiece/scrunchie over it? I'm not sure if you can make a bun small enough to make it look realistic. This can protect you from them trying to use a curling iron on you! haha, good luck!

shockinglength
December 12th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Try pin curls! (damp set) Go on youtube for tutorials. My hair is alllllmost at waist and I pin curled them and my hair curled so well it looked like I had shoulder length curls! They stayed for 3 days and just gragually got looser looking every day. (after 3 days they were big loose curls....but I had to wash for sake of a greasy scalp)

krn2891
December 12th, 2010, 05:24 PM
That is a good idea and I may keep it in mind. I might try to talk the bride into letting me a do a half french twist to at least eat up some of the length on the hair. I think might end up cheating and pin the curles in place. It won't move like a pony tail but then again no one should notices since most eyes should be on the Bride.

orbiting
December 12th, 2010, 05:47 PM
My hair won't hold a curl... But somehow... On my wedding day my Maid of Honor got it to stay curled the entire night. It took some kind of industrial grade hair spray and she used this strange curling iron that used steam (and made small puffing noises like something out of a steampunk fantasy tale).

Try a store like Ulta, Sephora or even a salon and tell them you need hair spray for hair that is resistant to curling and buy the smallest size (I get travel sizes of everything)... that may help.

bluesnowflake
December 12th, 2010, 05:57 PM
pin curls work wonderfully for me- my hair is waist length but thick and heavy, so that's worth a try. Also, try setting them when your hair is about 75% dry- it works much better because the hair dries in the curl and forms bonds that keep it in place. If you sleep with them in, tie a scarf over your head fairly tightly so they don't fall out. I've found that you don't need the special pin curl clips- bobby pins work just as well and are more comfortable to sleep on.