PDA

View Full Version : Herbal powder has made my hair stick together :(

Dreamkitty
December 12th, 2010, 11:17 AM
:( Im having a bad hair day, Aritha & Shikakai powder has made my hair texture feel awful. Right now my hair is one hot mess. I left coconut oil for my hair for 5 days (because I was lazy to wash my hair, especially in this cold weather) and using herbal powders made my hair greasy dry, the powder grains are still in my hair.

Today Im washing it off because I can't comb through it properly. Can anyone please tell me the best way to wash of the remaining powders in my hair, to make it very clean. Im going to be using shampoo.

chopandchange
December 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Oh dear. Another LHC experiment gone wrong. :( I know that feeling!

I don't have any experience with herbal powders, but just keep washing and washing and eventually I suppose it will come out. If it is making your hair very tangly and dry and hard to comb, I think maybe you should put lots of conditioner on it - I mean LOADS - and just keep slathering it on after each time you wash it. (That's what I did when my hair was subjected to a Baking Soda Disasterous Experiment and went terribly terribly dry, a bit like yours).

Dreamkitty
December 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Oh dear. Another LHC experiment gone wrong. :( I know that feeling!

I don't have any experience with herbal powders, but just keep washing and washing and eventually I suppose it will come out. If it is making your hair very tangly and dry and hard to comb, I think maybe you should put lots of conditioner on it - I mean LOADS - and just keep slathering it on after each time you wash it. (That's what I did when my hair was subjected to a Baking Soda Disasterous Experiment and went terribly terribly dry, a bit like yours).

Thanks for your help, I was afraid to comb it too at the risk of pulling out hairs. :)I will try the conditioner as well as shampoo. Oh well, I guess you learn from mistakes.

Juneii
December 12th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Conditioner seems to work best in getting things out of your hair. I experimented with amala powder and followed the instructions on the box - BAD IDEA. The grains was everywhere in my hair and I couldn't get it out with just water. So I slathered on as much conditioner as I possibly could and ran my fingers through my hair to pull off all the grains.

Don't worry, it's not the end of the world just yet :)

Dreamkitty
December 12th, 2010, 02:17 PM
:) I asked my mum to wash my hair for me, as she would be able to see the grains clearly on my head. So I used shampoo & conditioner, my hair feels much cleaner and I think both did a good job of getting rid of the powder so you guys were right.

Because of the powder clumping up my hair, making it feel dry I shed a little more then what I normally would with shampoo. Ive decided that Im not using the powders again. I will only use them if the tea contains 0% grains as I think its the paste which made my hair go like this. I know Aritha and Shikakai can be used for cleaning silver and gold jewellery so I will put it to good use.:D

Niwa
December 12th, 2010, 02:19 PM
:( Im having a bad hair day, Aritha & Shikakai powder has made my hair texture feel awful. Right now my hair is one hot mess. I left coconut oil for my hair for 5 days (because I was lazy to wash my hair, especially in this cold weather) and using herbal powders made my hair greasy dry, the powder grains are still in my hair.Leaving the powder in for so long was definitely not a good idea, but even when I used the powders as others had suggested, I still experienced the same dryness, matting, and roughening of hair texture that you're describing. At this point, I just use the powders to make oils and no longer use the powders as washes.

Roseate
December 12th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I ended up in the same situation with herbal washing- I tried straining them through a coffee filter, which helped, but I still got rough, dry hair and an angry scalp. I gave up that experiment pretty quickly and doused my head in CO to apologize!

Dreamkitty
December 12th, 2010, 02:30 PM
^^ Roughness is exactly what I experienced too, you summed it up for me. My hair didn't like it. I haven't got a coffee filter at home but Ive given up hope of trying as I think even if I used the liquid, it still might make my hair feel the same texture, I don't want to risk it again. Apoligise is a good word to use, when I used shampoo it just felt so good and my hair felt healthier.