PDA

View Full Version : My French braiding is not as awfully rusty as I thought it would be...

Riot Crrl
June 4th, 2008, 04:08 AM
But it still leaves a little to be desired too.

This is the first French braid I have done in 20 years. On myself or anyone else. In the past, I only did like one good one on myself ever, but I could do them on others more easily.

For doing it on myself, and it being the first one in so long, I am quite pleased! There are flaws, and it needs more fine tuning before I could wear it to work or something, but all in all I am satisfied with my first attempt.

Sorry for the fact that my ends and sideburn is stick straight. That's the fun of my 3a hair. You can see curls attempting to pop out in the braid itself, but the minute I would want it to, like on the tendril or the ends, it's like "K FLAT NAO." I also apologize for the cheapo scrunchie.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5610/frenchbraidwu9.th.jpg (http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frenchbraidwu9.jpg)

FrannyG
June 4th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Well, it looks as though the muscle memory is still very much intact. That's a lovely French braid, and so pretty and thick! Very nice! :)

Saranne772
June 4th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Beautiful!! I just washed my hair today so I might join you in experiementing when its dry

Riot Crrl
June 4th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Thanks you guys!

Franny, I think I would need a loom, five mirrors, a map and a compass to do the one you made in your avatar!

Curlsgirl
June 4th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Oooooooooooo your hair looks really pretty that way! I love your hair color and you did a great job for not having done one in so long! Thanks for sharing with us!!! :love:

spidermom
June 4th, 2008, 08:01 AM
That looks perfectly wearable to me; nice job.

blue_nant
June 4th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks you guys!

Franny, I think I would need a loom, five mirrors, a map and a compass to do the one you made in your avatar!

Funny comment! heh heh heh, I'm picturing those items, and it's so funny! Good thing I wasn't mid-coffee, tee hee

missy60
June 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Wow thats some thick bun I never really realized your hair was that thick before. It looks good you are not out of practice at all.

Patrycja
June 4th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I'm jealous :p That's a fantastic braid :flower:

mommy2one05
June 4th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Your french braid looks really good, especially for not having done one in such a long time. I think french braids are great in the summer.

GlennaGirl
June 4th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Holy cow...that's gorgeous!

Sana
June 4th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Wow that's such a beautiful french braid!! I love your hair riotcurl....it's so thick, shiny & such beautiful color!!!

jel
June 4th, 2008, 09:37 AM
It's a lovely, thick braid you've got there! I'm sure you'll be able to wear that style to work very soon... Actually, I think your attempt is better than some of the braids I wore to work last year ;)

Shermie Girl
June 4th, 2008, 09:52 AM
That is a nice braid. Your colour is gorgeous and your hair is so. shiny. :D

burns_erin
June 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM
That is gorgeous. I wish I could do half so well. My braids never stick close to my head, I could usually put at least a tennis ball between my head and my braid.

Gumball
June 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM
That looks like a great french braid, Riot Crrl! I don't think it needs too much tweaking to be perfect. :flower: I can't french braid myself for the life of me. It leaves way too much to be desired. I have bubbleguppy to help with that. Haha. Co-braiding. :) Just a little more practice and you'll be back in the swing of things 100%! Good going!

ETA: I absolutely adore your color and shine. It's amazing.

Riot Crrl
June 4th, 2008, 08:16 PM
You guys, I had kind of a rough day today, so it was so nice to find all of your lovely compliments!

Also, I slept in this thing and woke up to something MUCH better than my usual haystack with a regular braid starting at the nape, or a pineapple. (Or, horrors, sleeping with it down.) I think I will try to wear this to sleep when I can. Though on days I wore it down and curly with gel in it, I fear all the sectioning may be not worth the trouble.

Oooooooooooo your hair looks really pretty that way! I love your hair color and you did a great job for not having done one in so long! Thanks for sharing with us!!! :love:

Whee, thank you! Mutual hair color love.

That looks perfectly wearable to me; nice job.

Thanks spidermom! I think I will try to do it when I can around the house and neighborhood and stuff, and hopefully it will start to become more of a no-brainer with consistent results. (Even cinnamon bun didn't do that at first for me, but it does now.)

Funny comment! heh heh heh, I'm picturing those items, and it's so funny! Good thing I wasn't mid-coffee, tee hee

LOL. Well I would sure need something! Maybe like one of those square things with the pegs that we used to make woven potholders with.

Wow thats some thick bun I never really realized your hair was that thick before. It looks good you are not out of practice at all.

Thanks! Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have some wicked(er than I have now) taper when it gets longer!

I'm jealous :p That's a fantastic braid :flower:

Don't be jealous, your hair is so pretty too! And much more evenly colored, haha. Thank you

Your french braid looks really good, especially for not having done one in such a long time. I think french braids are great in the summer.

Thank you! Yeah, I think they could be great for summer. Or, just sleeping on.

Holy cow...that's gorgeous!

Wow! Thank you!!! :cheese:

It's a lovely, thick braid you've got there! I'm sure you'll be able to wear that style to work very soon... Actually, I think your attempt is better than some of the braids I wore to work last year ;)

Hahaha! Thank you very much. I think it should improve quickly also. Hopefully it wasn't just beginner's luck, lol.

That is a nice braid. Your colour is gorgeous and your hair is so. shiny. :D

Thanks!!! I can't take credit for the color and shine, that's henna, hahaha. I did the braid though!

That is gorgeous. I wish I could do half so well. My braids never stick close to my head, I could usually put at least a tennis ball between my head and my braid.

It is all in the "gathering" of the "side hair." Or whatever the kids are calling it these days! Thank you :D

That looks like a great french braid, Riot Crrl! I don't think it needs too much tweaking to be perfect. :flower: I can't french braid myself for the life of me. It leaves way too much to be desired. I have bubbleguppy to help with that. Haha. Co-braiding. :) Just a little more practice and you'll be back in the swing of things 100%! Good going!

ETA: I absolutely adore your color and shine. It's amazing.

Gumball, thank you! Oh how I wish for a co-braider. I can make them much better when I can actually see the head I am doing it on. I think this thing will get better with practice too though.

I'd love to take credit for the color and shine but, henna, lol.

:blossom: to you all!