PDA

View Full Version : Washing For Moisture

Dragon
December 11th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Does any one find they need to wash there hair more often because there hair needs moisture instead of washing it because it needs to be cleaned?

FullMoonTrim
December 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Yes, I had that problem, it would get so dry, so I washed it. I solved the problem using a few tricks.
First, I got a good brush that had boar bristles so that the oil would go to the ends when I brushed it. The other trick is coconut oil. I would coat it with coconut oil for at least an hour before a wash. In the shower I would run hot water on it for a bit before washing it out. I would shampoo twice and condition as usual. This really really solved my dry hair problems.

cuppycake
December 11th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I just use oil when it is feeling dry.

jesis
December 11th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Yepp, oil does the trick for me, but I also find a honey/olive oil treatment followed by a shampoo and condition does wonders as well. :D

chrissy-b
December 13th, 2010, 09:05 AM
My ends get terribly dry and tangly when I extend my washes more that 2-3 days. I do have dye damage on the ends, so this may be part of it but I feel I do more damage extending washes than I do by washing every other day.

Eva_M
December 13th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Me too, when I try to strech the washes my ends get dry while my scalp gets greasy :S Then what I do is to gently massage my dry ends with a tiny bit of oil before I go to bed. Personally, my hair seems to like sweet almond, olive and coconut oil. I think an oil treatment is the best trick to solve that problem...

skaempfer
December 13th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Good timing, Dragon! I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem! I always wanted to see how long I could go without washing my hair because it simply never ever ever gets oily. In the end, though, I always give in and wash my hair because it feels so dry!

For example, I washed my hair last Thursday, and it's now Monday. I have smeared either Vatika, coconut oil or olive oil into my ends every night since then and they still look dry and my scalp still shows no signs of getting oily. I tend to swap back and forth between CO and CWC for this reason.

GoddesJourney
December 13th, 2010, 12:02 PM
My hair seems to respond better to being braided wet or left soaking frequently than to any oil I've used so far (with the exception of light misting with rosewater, which is essentially rose oil in water). My hair seems to hold its water pretty well if left wet all day. Oil seems to just make it oily.