PDA

View Full Version : I've been very bad - please don't kick me out!!

spitfire511
December 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM
So - I went yesterday to the salon. And got the hair chopped.

When I say chopped, I mean chopped. It's roughly chin length from almost BSL.

Please don't kick me out!! :(

I know that I will grow it again, but parts of the bottom were in not in good shape and I had a lot of layers (not to mention the bangs) that I don't want when I grow it for good.

On the upside, I feel really good about it right now. It looks healthy and feels good, which it hasn't in a long time.

So I'm starting over I suppose, although I may maintain at this length for a bit - at least until I get sick of it so I'm more motivated to grow and until these darn bangs are gone!.

DH asked me this morning if I'd confessed to you guys, so I thought I'd better. I'll add some pics to this post as soon as I can get them off my phone.

ETA pics

Before
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5927&pictureid=90309

After
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5927&pictureid=90310

Today - shows the side a bit better - it's not quite as tapered as it looks on the bangs side.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5927&pictureid=90311

Ella Menneau P.
December 11th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I feel really good about it right now

This is the only opinion that matters! Let's see some pics!:cheese:

christine1989
December 11th, 2010, 03:00 PM
You feel good about it and that is really what LHC is about- liking your hair. I did the same thing before I started growing my hair out and have never regretted it. Besides there is nothing better than the feeling of fresh, healthy ends :).

Yozhik
December 11th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Can't wait for photos! I'm glad you're feeling good about your chop.

Your hair is so pretty -- it must have lovely curls at its new length. :)

prosperina
December 11th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Good for you! :cheer:

I just got a two inch cut, which I realize is nothing compared to your chop, but all the damage is gone! After babying damage for a while, I think it's better to just be done with it in one or two chops rather than slowly trimming it off. For some this works, but I like seeing healthy hair now, and avoiding the possibility that the damage could work its way up the hair shaft. So, as long as you are happy, this is good! :flower:

Of course we would have kicked you out if you hadn't promised to grow it back! ;)

:p

Laurenness
December 11th, 2010, 03:23 PM
As long as your happy it's good! I've actually been contemplating chopping mine off closer to a chin/mid-neckish length to get rid of all the damage. I'm going to let it grow a liiil bit more and then chop, so I know I'll have my straight hair back. :) Then it'll be back to growing!

So, understandable!!

sibiryachka
December 11th, 2010, 03:24 PM
So - I went yesterday to the salon. And got the hair chopped.

When I say chopped, I mean chopped. It's roughly chin length from almost BSL.

Please don't kick me out!! :(

I know that I will grow it again, but parts of the bottom were in not in good shape and I had a lot of layers (not to mention the bangs) that I don't want when I grow it for good.

On the upside, I feel really good about it right now. It looks healthy and feels good, which it hasn't in a long time.

So I'm starting over I suppose, although I may maintain at this length for a bit - at least until I get sick of it so I'm more motivated to grow and until these darn bangs are gone!.

DH asked me this morning if I'd confessed to you guys, so I thought I'd better. I'll add some pics to this post as soon as I can get them off my phone.

This made me LOL - exactly what would have happened in my household! :p

Mishka_84
December 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Lol, I just cut mine about the same amount, just last week! It needed to be done. The important part is that you are happy with the change! :D And there's nothing better than being used to damaged ends and suddenly everything is healthy and fun to play with again!

bluesnowflake
December 11th, 2010, 04:23 PM
You like it- it's the only thing that matters. It's good to have it shorter and look nice than having long hair that you don't like the look of. You're braver than I could ever be!

einna
December 11th, 2010, 04:26 PM
DH asked me this morning if I'd confessed to you guys, so I thought I'd better.

Thats so sweet :love:
Getting rid of damage is good, in the end you will get your hair just the way you want it!

JulietCapulet
December 11th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I literally gasped when I read your post. I mean it's fine as long as you are happy with it! :)

spitfire511
December 11th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Thank you guys for all the kind words!

Julietcapulet - that made me laugh! I actually haven't been to a stylist in so long that I had to go to someone completely new and I warned them when I made the appointment that it was going to be drastic.

In all honestly I have a history of doing this, and usually when I'm unhappy with the rest of my life and it's something I can control. This, however, I'd really been wanting to do since August, so at least it wasn't as abrupt as it sounds.

Trust me, when I look at it right now, it totally just looks like I'm missing hair. A friend of mine had a dream last night that I was Scully from x-files. :-)

GRU
December 11th, 2010, 04:53 PM
It's your hair and you're happy with what you did, so I see no problem whatsoever! And of course we won't kick you out -- once an LHCer, always an LHCer!

MsBubbles
December 11th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Alright, Spitfire, that's it! You're out!

Kidding.

But you and your hair are both pretty - the main thing is you like it!

Dolly
December 11th, 2010, 05:21 PM
I have learned that this community is not judgmental. It is NOT about how long your hair is. It is about the length that is right for YOU, and achieving the most healthy hair that you can at whatever length YOU want.

suicides_eve
December 11th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I love your new style!
It's not about pleasing anyone but yourself, so why worry about getting kicked out:flower:

ravenreed
December 11th, 2010, 06:51 PM
It's a really cute cut on you.

kwaniesiam
December 11th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Cute cut, glad you like it. I'd love to see how it lays in the back, there are so many styles of bobs going on right now it's getting hard to differentiate.

I've been short, long, and everything in between since I've been here, you'll always be welcome. That's why LHC is so awesome.

AnnaJamila
December 11th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I love the feel of freshly trimmed hair!!!! And the growing process is soooooooo much easier when your hair is in beautiful condition.

Lol, DH teases me all the time about how much I'm on LHC... But I notice he's also been very appreciative of the improvement in condition it's made... ;)

Dragon
December 11th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I am glad you are happy with it :)

spitfire511
December 11th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I love your new style!
It's not about pleasing anyone but yourself, so why worry about getting kicked out:flower:

Okay - I love your blue! Very very cool!

Cute cut, glad you like it. I'd love to see how it lays in the back, there are so many styles of bobs going on right now it's getting hard to differentiate.

I've been short, long, and everything in between since I've been here, you'll always be welcome. That's why LHC is so awesome.

The back isn't stacked up or anything - this is pretty much a plain-ole beveled bob. I do have a lot of wave (that the stylist obviously blew out) and if I get too much going on, I get odd bits poking out everywhere. :)

Thanks to everyone for the reassurance and nice comments!!:D

triumphator!
December 11th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Good for you for doing what makes you happy for you hair! LHC would never kick you out for that!

cubedcoley
December 11th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Happy you are happy!! Looks cute to boot!! Dancing cheese makes everything better too!! :cheese:

Cailie
December 11th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Thats so sweet :love:
Getting rid of damage is good, in the end you will get your hair just the way you want it!

yess !!
A fresh start ! :cheese:

hair looks lovely :flower:

Smile4Kiki
December 11th, 2010, 08:24 PM
It looks great! even better if you're happy with it :)

tinywife
December 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I don't blame you at all. There's nothing like a fresh start.

sonng
December 11th, 2010, 09:07 PM
the cut looks real cute on you! :) :cheese:

fairystar32
December 11th, 2010, 09:10 PM
looks lovely :)

nena_shawty
December 11th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I had to do the same thing just to even think about growing healthy hair, dont worry about it... hair always grows. good luck!!

Juneii
December 11th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Healthy hair > length
I am glad that YOU like it (because that is what matters in the end). You look gorgeous :)

Macaroni
December 12th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Your hair is now in perfect condition, good for you :cheese:

Toadstool
December 12th, 2010, 02:44 AM
You are so pretty!

Evie
December 12th, 2010, 04:06 AM
lovely cut! There are so many people on here who do this, including me, I went from below shoulder to a pixie, and am now back at almost where I started. Like you, I cut it to get rid of some terrible hairdresser damage from years ago, and it is great to have NO velcro at the ends of my hair. Even though I still colour, I do not trash it anymore, and it is feeling nice!

Enjoy having a lovely swishy bob, you have lovely hair and growing it without the dried ends etc will be lovely....:D

KittyLost
December 12th, 2010, 09:52 AM
It looks great! Glad you're enjoying it too :)

Lamb
December 12th, 2010, 09:59 AM
This style looks great on you! (I've given up growing my hair since I joined here, and noone has kicked me out yet. ;) So I think you'll be quite safe!)

Babyfine
December 12th, 2010, 10:07 AM
It looks cute on you!
I've cut before to get rid of damage, too.
glad you like it!

Xandergrammy
December 12th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Long hair is often more about attitude than length. We have members with all different lengths here and we love them all. :flowers:

redneckprincess
December 12th, 2010, 11:51 AM
DH asked me this morning if I'd confessed to you guys, so I thought I'd better.

Sounds like something my DH would say!! He always askes me "is that allowed?"

I think of this forum as more of a "healthy hair community" where many members happen to have long hair, then of just a "long hair" so if your completely happy with it, that's all that matters...

Fractalsofhair
December 12th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Your hair looks lovely! Did you have to style the cut to get it to look like it does? If not, that's an amazing stylist! Your hair looks a lot healthier as well.

tinti
December 12th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Wow, that looks super cute on you, you're so pretty! And noone's gonna kick you out, at least not me :D hehe. And the most important thing is that you like it.

GoddesJourney
December 12th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Looks cute on you so I don't see a problem. At least now it's healthy and you're happy with the condition of your hair. You can grow it out again whenever you're ready. Sometimes starting over is just the best way.

curlylocks85
December 13th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Good for you. I am gald you are happy and feel good about yourself. There is no harm in wanting short hair. This community is not just about long hair, but about finding what works best for each individual person. Your hair looks great! ;)

Eire
December 13th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I think it looks really cute and flattering to you!

principesse
December 13th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Feeling good about your hair is all that matters :)

You feel good, you got rid of the damage, it's soft and fresh. Congratulations!

lapushka
December 14th, 2010, 10:23 AM
It's a cute style, it looks good on you. :thumbsup: And don't worry, we won't be so cruel as to kick you out. I mean, you *are* growing it back out, aren't you? ;) Nah, just kidding. It's great that you like your hair the way it is now. Play with it, style it, see what it's like and take your time to enjoy the new length. You look amazing with long hair, though, and I hope you'll grow it back out at some point. :flower:

MissLala
December 14th, 2010, 10:27 AM
You feel good about so that's what matters. I know some girls who decided to go short and really really regretted it right after. So good for you. Enjoy less maintenance too :D
I really want longer hair and have been thinking about cheating hehe. A little bit of hair extensions (http://www.proextensions.com) and some highlights are really tempting. I'll try to stay true though :blushing:
(http://www.proextensions.com/)

Sheltie_Momma
December 14th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I think it looks awesome! This is exactly how I would cut mine if I were to cut it - a really fun length, so shiny and versatile! Enjoy!

jenjen10
December 14th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Why would you get kicked out for cutting?? A lot of members here have SHAVED their heads to start from scratch! Ultimately, your hair is for YOUR enjoyment. I think it looks great and am glad you like it! :)

akuamoonmaui
December 14th, 2010, 05:35 PM
It looks very polished! No guilt needed. (Did you REALLY think you 'd get the boot????)