PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a "miracle" hair product?

rosieex3
December 11th, 2010, 11:47 AM
By that, I mean a product that changes your hair drastically in a good way. All my life I have been looking for the "perfect" shampoo/conditioner/leave-in/etc for my hair. Something that I would rinse out and say "WOW!" A product that would never ever leave my routine. I've been through hundreds of products, some containing tons of silicones, and each one just made my hair a little nicer or a little worse. But FINALLY, Aubrey Organic's Honeysuckle Rose conditioner is it! Some of you may have read that I was starting to use all organic products. I wasn't expecting it to work right away, since I clarified twice which dries out my hair no matter how much conditioner I use. When my hair was drying last night, I noticed that all of the little frizzies that usually appear at the top of my head were so smoothed down. This morning, I took my hair down from it's bun and my hair is shinier then it has EVER been. I have never seen it this smooth, healthy, and frizz free. I'm honestly so happy! My hair is completely transformed, I think I have finally found my miracle product. Yay! :cheese:

So, if you have a product that has transformed your hair - what is it? :D

bikerblue
December 11th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Nourishing Cream Leave in by Angel Professional. It transforms the bottom 2 inches of my hair making it look like I have a blunt hemline! it also smells gorgeous.

LisaMonster
December 11th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I don't know if it counts as a product, but jojoba oil and I are in love.

myria
December 11th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Glycerin! I use it in pretty much everything. I got it as its the main ingredient in Burt's bees avocado treatment but it costs about 50p a bottle rather than £8. It acts as a humectant (like honey but without the risk of lightening your hair /having wasps chasing you). I like mixing it with conditioner and oil as a pre-shampoo treatment - on me it works as well as the burt's bees stuff. Also like mixing it with a little oil, conditioner and water as a leave in. And a dab mixed with oil on my scalp usually gets rid of the flakies. Also use it mixed w oats as a face mask that soothes eczema, mixed with honey and lemon juice for coughs, and a few drops in the window wiper water in the car stops it freezing. For 50p a bottle that's pretty good. :)

GrowingGlory
December 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM
It looks as though NightBlooming's Triple Moon Annointing Oil and Winter Panacea Hair Salve may be my Holy Grail products.

lapushka
December 11th, 2010, 12:26 PM
*The* discovery of the year for me is the Garnier triple nutrition conditioner! It's absolutely amazing. I had to use cone conditioners all the time for my perm-damage, and this conditioner makes my hair softer and more manageable than the most cone laden conditioner I have.

LissaJane
December 11th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Yayy! I'm happy for you! :D

So far, my 'miracle' product is the routine I'm going through, I feel like I'm on a journey towards finding, hopefully, a bunch of really good products and one that I can stick to. At the moment I'm still experimenting, I don't know if it's miraculous, but it's far better than what I was doing and my hair has never been happier.

Sunsailing
December 11th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Magic Bullet by L'Anza (spray on, leave on). A little goes a long way.

Becky Safari
December 11th, 2010, 12:40 PM
A green spray bottle called "Sea Plasma" that draws moisture from the air into your hair, I love it but can't remember the brand name atm

liagibba
December 11th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Coconut oil was definitely a game-changer for me :)

Vorvolaka
December 11th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Dry shampoo. The ends of my hair can't handle everyday washing but my day three my roots are starting to look a bit suspect. My hair isn't long enough to do a scalp only wash so I tried some dry shampoo. I love it! I'm now just trying to find a successful way to put homemade stuff through my hair.

RitaPG
December 11th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Coconut oil, definitely :crush:
For years I'd cut my hair too often because I thought it was damaged, when it was only dry. A heavy oiling once a week, and a pea sized amount of coconut oil as a leave in. My hair never felt softer or shinier.

jesis
December 11th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I've been thinking about trying Aubrey Organics! I might have to now. :D

maus
December 11th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I just love what ACV rinses have done to my hair. I seem to have to use much less condi (sometimes I don't use any at all, just ACV), and my hair is so much fuller and shinier! Cool stuff, and so cheap! I use 1-2 Tbsp per quart and don't rinse out.

deko
December 11th, 2010, 01:58 PM
My Holy Grail is Phyto9 leave in conditioner.

It's very nourishing yet light and you can add it to either damp or dry hair. A pea size amount is enough. It's too expensive, but I love it.

milagro
December 11th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I just love what ACV rinses have done to my hair. I seem to have to use much less condi (sometimes I don't use any at all, just ACV), and my hair is so much fuller and shinier! Cool stuff, and so cheap! I use 1-2 Tbsp per quart and don't rinse out.
I've just recently discovered it (thank to LHC :flowers:) and love it, too!
Only I use white one after ACV gave me the tint. It's still cheaper and works wonders as well :cheese:

And I don't know if this can be deemed "product" but silk or mesh scarf does great job to prevent a mess on the second day.

svehex
December 11th, 2010, 02:12 PM
So far, I'd say Coconut oil. Because it 'hides' my dry ends.

christine1989
December 11th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Castor oil is a miracle for my ends. If they feel dry and crunchy I just put a bit on my ends then wash it out. Voila! Healthy feeling ends. :)

Dark40
December 11th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Pantene Pro-V for me. It leaves my hair soooo nice, soft, and shiny.

rhosyn_du
December 11th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I have two: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Fortifying conditioner, and NightBlooming Panacea's Hair Salve :cloud9:

jaine
December 11th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Mine is John Masters Organics lavender & avocado conditioner - I can't believe how shiny my hair is when I use it. Shinier than when I used to use cones. I pay dearly for the shine - it's something like $20 for 7 ounces...

...and then there's the magic "lack of product" - minimizing my shampoo usage and not trying to get my hair squeaky clean in the shower - my hair is much less frizzy that way.

curls2grow
December 11th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Coconut oil was definitely a game-changer for me :)Same here!

Weekly DT's with MoroccanOil Restorative Mask have helped make my hair healthier. It's expensive, but when I tried other cheaper options, I don't get even close to the same results as with MORM.

SilvraShadows
December 11th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Burt's Bees Hair Repair. Although I don't like the scent of it too much, it restores my dry hair to silkiness!

prosperina
December 11th, 2010, 03:27 PM
*The* discovery of the year for me is the Garnier triple nutrition conditioner! It's absolutely amazing. I had to use cone conditioners all the time for my perm-damage, and this conditioner makes my hair softer and more manageable than the most cone laden conditioner I have.

Ditto. Garnier Triple Nutrition is my favorite conditioner!

rosieex3
December 11th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks for all of the replies, I enjoyed reading them & I'm very happy for all of you who found amazing products for your hair!

curls2grow
December 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Burt's Bees Hair Repair. Although I don't like the scent of it too much, it restores my dry hair to silkiness!What does it smell like, or like too much of?

Pixna
December 11th, 2010, 03:33 PM
For me it's been ACV and Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil.

Valdeon
December 11th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I've got 4:
- castor oil (the best for my scalp)
- coconut oil (just the essential)
- Lush R&B (great moisturizer)
- Lush Rehab shampoo

Sophiawavyhair
December 11th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Coconut oil and acv rinse :)

pelicano
December 11th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Can I have two please? I'm going for:

Scalp - glycerine
Hair - chelating shampoo (I use Ultra Swim)

BlondeBimbo
December 11th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Coconut oil, castor oil, Joico K-Pak conditioner, onion.

smileycat
December 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Camellia oil, and I've tried them all. Tried them all with lackluster results, so it took me a while to even purchase camellia. I rub through a tiny amount when my hair is about half dry, and my hair stays supple all day.

patienceneeded
December 11th, 2010, 07:44 PM
No miracle products as yet, but I am glad to see that the Aubrey's Organics Honeysuckle Rose was your miracle product, as my order of that exact shampoo and conditioner is scheduled to arrive on Monday! So far I'm liking the 100% Argan oil too.

xladolcevitax
December 11th, 2010, 08:15 PM

This is also my greatest discovery! And I only discovered it 2 weeks ago. It works much better than products by Redken and Matrix Conditioning Balm that I had previously thought to be quite good. And it's a fraction of the price! :cheese:

Felix_D
December 11th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Another vote here for Night Blooming's Triple Moon Anointing Oil (http://www.etsy.com/listing/64049094/triple-moon-hair-anointing-oil-4oz-full).

For conditioner, it's Giovanni 50:50 (http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=54220/50/50_Balanced_Remoisturizer/Giovanni/Conditioner).

AnnaJamila
December 11th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Hair oiling did it for me, my hair likes just about any oil I put on it. Also ACV rinses have given me wonderful results!

ETA: I really want to try Argan oil, but it's so expensive... Oh well, we'll see after I start bringing in some money!

tinywife
December 11th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Honey and beer!

thatjengirl1
December 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Coconut oil is my favorite hair product if I just had to pick one.
It really has made a big difference for my hair
I tried alot of leave in conditioners, and none make my hair as smooth and soft as coconut oil

Miriela
December 12th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Vegetable glycerin is the BEST leave-in I've ever used. I like it better than aloe vera gel and coconut oil, and that's saying a lot. :)

bubblyredhead
December 12th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Shea Moisture Raw shea butter and argan oil their reparative mask both as a deep conditioner and a leave it my hair LOVES it! along with their coconut and hibiscus shampoo or the matching shampoo to the shea butter and argan oil one.
and aussie 3 minute miracle

Loreley
December 12th, 2010, 01:26 AM
My miracle shampoo is Duldon kids. It's a very mild shampoo, mostly with natural ingredients and without any sulfates or cones. And it's cheaper than the "usual" products. My miracle conditioner is GF Triple Nutrition, but I no longer use it regulary, because it got too expensive in my country. :(

Evie
December 12th, 2010, 05:43 AM
I have fairly coarse hair strands, with some damage at the bottom still in a few places. My hair needs cones, and the odd bit of serum, and I've found that it loves Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends conditioner, and Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Relaxing Balm - if I put this in and let it dry, it almost dries straight and is so smooth it is amazing! It is the first time I have found a conditioner that does exactly what it promises for my hair, too, and consistently!

Avital88
December 12th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Lush Jasmin and henna hairmask and ofcourse Henna!!
Ow and pantene shampoo

LittleOak
December 12th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Another vote here for Lush's Jasmin and Henna treatment :) It improves the condition of my hair for some considerable time and the smell lasts through two or so washes. I definitely could not leave this out of my hair care routine!

I found the same frizz free magic with Aubrey Organics too. My hair was left so, so soft and the smell is divine.

Sooze
December 12th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Definitely extra virgin olive oil for me. It's turned my hair from a frizzy mess to real hair again. And it's soooo cheap compared to all the "beauty hair products" I used to buy.

luxepiggy
December 12th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Yes. It's called Pantene Ice Shine. But they discontinued it! (/(oo)\)

chopandchange
December 12th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Conditioner. No specific one, just conditioner in general. CO washing is great for my particular hair.

girlcat36
December 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM
My miracle hair product was Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner, but no more!
Now my miracle product is mixing Johnson's Baby Shampoo half with coconut oil to shampoo with. This conditions my hair so well that I no longer need AOHR! I condition with a cheapie cone free conditioner watered down by half.
Now that is a true miracle!
I have had horrible, dry, frizzy, icky hair my whole life, now it is soft and moisturized with good curl formation(and no curl products either).

ddiana1979
December 12th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Aloe!!! :D

littlestarface
December 12th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Henna defintly the first honey for 2nd and oil for sure have been my miracle products,without those 3 my hair would be very ugly.

Anne~
December 12th, 2010, 12:28 PM
it's a 10 miracle leave-in product.

It takes me no time to comb my hair out after washing and I can actually wear my hair down and it does not fuzz up.

pixistixx
December 12th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I absolutely love desert essence organics coconut conditioner. it feels like a coney conditioner, but it isn't!

WaitingSoLong
December 12th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks for this thread Rosie!

One question about the stuff you like, Aubrey Organic's Honeysuckle Rose conditioner, how much and how often? How long is your hair?

Me and LuxePiggy were Ice Shine fans. Luxe, I still have some of the shampoo but the conditioner finally ran out. Since they discontinued that, I cannot find anything I like. I am trying a new shampoo, and it is ok. But my ends are suffering now and they never used to. You can still get it online (Amazon). I am thinking about ordering it.

You can WASH with coconut oil? My hair hates baby shampoo. Like, I thought I ruined it!

So I noticed that my hair used to like some things, but after it got so long, it did not like them anymore. This thread has given me some products to check out.

I still like Biolage Conditioning Balm as a DCT but it is too expensive for me and I have to use so much for the DCT (because ti DCT on dry hair). Speaking of which, I cannot recall the last DCT I did. ACV's saved my hair more than once but what I am finding is that:

No One Thing works all the time for me. I would love to find a shampoo and conditioner and leave-in I can stick with, but they will discontinue it anyway!

girlcat36
December 12th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks for this thread Rosie!

You can WASH with coconut oil? My hair hates baby shampoo. Like, I thought I ruined it!

I would never have used baby shampoo unless the coconut oil was mixed in! I think baby shampoo alone would be a terrible thing on my hair.
The baby shampoo has the proper acidity for hair, and when it is mixed with coconut oil, it allows the oil to penetrate the hair's cortex better. And --the effects are cumulative.

I was scared to try the baby shampoo--it does have sulfates---but I gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised.

WaitingSoLong
December 12th, 2010, 03:54 PM
OK, so how do you keep the coconut oil from solidifying? It is about 65 in my bathroom and my CO is VERY solid this time of year. Do you have to warm it up every time? In summer it stays liquid.

girlcat36
December 12th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I keep an extra large coffee mug in my bathroom, and fill it with hot water and put my 4 oz bottle of oil shampoo mix in it to melt while I get ready to take a shower.
I make up about a 3 or 4 oz oil shampoo mix once a week. It lasts for three shampoos. Also great for shaving legs.

JuneBride
December 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM
VO5 Conditioners for CO washing
Monistat for growth
Organix Coconut Milk Split End Serum

LadyG
December 12th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Garnier Fructice shampoo mixed 50/50 with coconut oil, and Jojoba oil on the ends.

luxepiggy
December 13th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I have a new miracle product!!!! :cheese:

Shu Uemura Full Shimmer Illuminating Conditioner!

Shiny! (^(oo)^)v

OK, so how do you keep the coconut oil from solidifying? It is about 65 in my bathroom and my CO is VERY solid this time of year. Do you have to warm it up every time? In summer it stays liquid.

The big jar stays in the fridge until I need to refill the little plastic bottle that I keep in my bathroom. I usually just plug the sink, toss the little bottle in and start running hot water. It liquifies pretty fast that way (^(oo)^)

janeytilllie
December 13th, 2010, 11:16 AM
For me my miracle hair product is Inecto coconut conditioner. It's cone free but still gives me the slip I need for my hair :) It makes my hair soft and shiny. I love it!:heartbeat

Quixotica
December 13th, 2010, 11:24 AM
L'Oreal EverStrong shampoo and CHI silk infusion. Oh my, yes.......

Also beer from time to time. For my hair *cough*. :beerchug:

xovictoryxo
December 13th, 2010, 11:29 AM
hair mayonaise, biosilk, Pink Hair Moisturizer

lapushka
December 13th, 2010, 11:41 AM
For me my miracle hair product is Inecto coconut conditioner. It's cone free but still gives me the slip I need for my hair :) It makes my hair soft and shiny. I love it!:heartbeat

Seconding this! It's amazing. I don't like the citrus line, in part 'cause it has cones and also because of the scent.

Octave
December 13th, 2010, 11:42 AM

I have to second this. I use the shampoo as well and it's simply amazing. Makes my hair incredibly shiny and makes it almost look like in those ads. :D

Jordan S.
December 14th, 2010, 08:57 AM
My two holy grail products

This is amazing! I use all three products, shampoo, conditioner, and 3 minute stuff.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cvdBROmUL5g/SsYb5n7kRiI/AAAAAAAAATI/dhjOc69SB-A/s200/garnier-triple-nutrition.jpg

LOVE this too, beats hello hydration and suave humectant, which felt amazing in the shower but failed to make it through the airdry test. This felt thick, buttery in the shower, and my hair is still soft and tame after it dries.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_s0RO_bCHaoM/S4xPML06YqI/AAAAAAAAAVg/hzerISvPErQ/s320/Suave+Professionals+Almond+and+Shea+Butter+Shampoo +and+Conditioner.png

Wolfmaid
December 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
My miracle "product" ist avocado oil. I love it! :)

WaitingSoLong
December 14th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Ok do you all realize what a thread like this does to someone like me? I have now made a list of all these products and plan to try them one at a time. LOL.

First tried: baby shampoo 50/50 with coconut oil. IT WORKS IT WORKS and not to mention cheap!

terrylillyd
December 14th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a miracle worker for me. Leaves my hair wonderful. I only discovered it about a month ago, I wish I new about it a long time ago I would be closer to my hair goal now if I had.

girlcat36
December 14th, 2010, 02:33 PM
First tried: baby shampoo 50/50 with coconut oil. IT WORKS IT WORKS and not to mention cheap!

Isn't it great? The savings on products will be enormous, especially for a curly like me.

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Sheltie_Momma
December 14th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I am right there with OP - AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner truly makes my coarse frizzy hair behave! Love it!

feralnature
December 14th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Coconut oil!

My hair will always be more beautiful now!

RitaPG
December 14th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Ok do you all realize what a thread like this does to someone like me? I have now made a list of all these products and plan to try them one at a time. LOL.

I feel the exact same thing lol. Now I just want to try everything :D

Never thought about mixing coconut oil and baby shampoo. I used to do that with jojoba oil though.

Love23101
December 14th, 2010, 05:37 PM
My favorite hair care product is Organic virgin coconut oil. It's amazing!

Karala
December 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM
The one thing I've tried that seems to be consistently undeniably efficient for me is brewer's yeast. I tend to shed tons, all year round, since forever; when I take brewer's yeast, I shed very little. So yay. (I'm just a bit sad that I still haven't found my miracle product to make my dry liveless ends look and feel better... oh well.)

princessp
December 14th, 2010, 05:58 PM
My miracle hair product was Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner, but no more!
Now my miracle product is mixing Johnson's Baby Shampoo half with coconut oil to shampoo with. This conditions my hair so well that I no longer need AOHR! I condition with a cheapie cone free conditioner watered down by half.
Now that is a true miracle!
I half had horrible, dry, frizzy, icky hair my whole life, now it is soft and mouisturized with good curl formation(and no curl products either).

Oh intriguing, I wish J&J didn't test on animals though. Do you think another baby shampoo would work (like Lush)? I might try this. I'm finding that watering down my shampoo is really helpful (50/50). I wonder if that creates a similar gentle formula like that of baby shampoo.

Castor oil worked really good for me as far as getting increased growth. I just massaged it into my scalp a few times a week (I cut it with a little coconut oil sometimes). You can see the progress in my photo album (look at the Nov. and then Dec. lengths -- those 2 pictures were taken less than a month apart).

Love this thread, I'm starting a list too. :p

girlcat36
December 14th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Oh intriguing, I wish J&J didn't test on animals though. Do you think another baby shampoo would work (like Lush)? I might try this. I'm finding that watering down my shampoo is really helpful (50/50). I wonder if that creates a similar gentle formula like that of baby shampoo.

Castor oil worked really good for me as far as getting increased growth. :p

I had been using an organic baby shampoo for my 50/50 mix, which didn't work as well due to botanical ingredients. So I'm sticking with the J&J for now.

I am using castor oil, too, about 2-3 times a week. I am shedding less, so maybe it's doing something. :confused:

detritus
December 14th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Camellia oil and catnip tea work wonders for my fine hair.

boomtownrat
December 14th, 2010, 06:18 PM
It's not so much a product as a combination of product: coconut oil mixed with Garnier Fructis Daily Care Fortifying Shampoo. (It's the "Movie Star Shampoo" mentioned in my sig.) The coconut oil also works well with other shampoos and it's not the same one for everybody, of course, but this is the best combination I've tried. This leaves my hair soft, sparkling like diamonds, wavier than S&C, and with a faster drying time.

ETA: Hmm, for some reason I didn't see there was a second page to this thread with people who had already been talking about the oil shampoo. :)

WaitingSoLong
December 15th, 2010, 05:50 AM
It's not so much a product as a combination of product: coconut oil mixed with Garnier Fructis Daily Care Fortifying Shampoo. (It's the "Movie Star Shampoo" mentioned in my sig.) The coconut oil also works well with other shampoos and it's not the same one for everybody, of course, but this is the best combination I've tried. This leaves my hair soft, sparkling like diamonds, wavier than S&C, and with a faster drying time.

I was impressed with the drying time as well, a SUPER bonus for winter months. It literally takes all day for my hair to dry in winter and I FREEZE while waiting. I always help it along with a dryer held far away from my hair. Esp. on the scalp area. The length can take as long as it wants.

Chestershire
December 15th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I do not own the product, but after all the incredible positive comments I've read about it I'd love to buy Shu Uemura Essence Absolue, everyone just seems to go crazy about it! It's a serum, but it's main ingredient is camellia oil. The cost is 65 dollar, or 50 euro.
I'd rather buy some pure camellia oil but I doubt I'm gunna find it in my town

boomygrrl
December 15th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Creamy leave-in conditioners with amodimethicone in it.
I love Redken Fresh Curls detangler (it's a creamy leave-in). It smoothes down my frizzies and works well with my curly hair. It's pricy though. A good cheap alternative is Garnier Fructis sleek and shine leave-in.

My hair loves creamy leave-ins and loves amodimethicone.

rachelily
December 15th, 2010, 09:11 AM

ME TOO!! Best conditioner, hands down. Made such a difference in my hair. I also have 2c hair, and so I do a lot of scrunching with gel, and this conditioner (which I put in my hair before the gel and scrunching) eliminates all changes of fuzzies and crunchies when my hair is dry. It's amazingly soft, which never happened before.

Glad you discovered it! :D

Sheltie_Momma
December 15th, 2010, 09:42 AM
ME TOO!! Best conditioner, hands down. Made such a difference in my hair. I also have 2c hair, and so I do a lot of scrunching with gel, and this conditioner (which I put in my hair before the gel and scrunching) eliminates all changes of fuzzies and crunchies when my hair is dry. It's amazingly soft, which never happened before.

Glad you discovered it! :D

My hair loves Garnier 3N but there is something in it that my scalp does NOT like - major flakage and itchiness. I can't narrow down what ingredient it is, but I suspect maybe avocado oil.

NebraskaChick84
December 15th, 2010, 09:49 AM
um extra virgin olive oil. every time I use it my hair is shiny and healthy. I also use Suave conditioner which I like as it doesn't weigh down my hair.

rachelily
December 15th, 2010, 10:30 AM
My hair loves Garnier 3N but there is something in it that my scalp does NOT like - major flakage and itchiness. I can't narrow down what ingredient it is, but I suspect maybe avocado oil.

Oh dear! I'm sorry to hear that. Mine I keep only on the length of my hair so I wouldn't know if I'd react similarly. :(

WaitingSoLong
December 16th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Creamy leave-in conditioners with amodimethicone in it.
I love Redken Fresh Curls detangler (it's a creamy leave-in). It smoothes down my frizzies and works well with my curly hair. It's pricy though. A good cheap alternative is Garnier Fructis sleek and shine leave-in.

My hair loves creamy leave-ins and loves amodimethicone.

I use the GF sleek and shine serum occasionally. It smells SUPER good. But it is not creamy, is it the same thing? Sometimes I put it in just because it smells so good! I use it as an alternative to Coconut Oil when bunning to slick down the hair. It seems to build up really fast, though, so I only will use it isn the couple days before a wash (I wash once a week-ish).

Pifkin
December 16th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Garnier Triple Nutrition conditioner and coconut oil. :)

rymorg2
December 16th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Using coconut oil shampoo is the simplest thing that has made the biggest difference in my hair. It means my regimine is more natural, cheaper on the wallet, and I got far better results with it than anything else I've EVER done. It's nice when the most expensive product I use is a jar of coconut oil that lasts me several months. My shampoo is $1 a bottle and I'm stocked up for a LONG time. I use the oil as a styler too...it's a pomade and smoothing product in one. I've gotten far more complements on my hair recently than in a long time.

It also means that when I color my hair my hair is in better shape. My demi now lasts as long as a permanent with a line of demarkation! I get little to no fading, even a day after I color. The color remains rich for much longer and shinier too.

It also acts as a deep conditioner. No longer do I spend hours on the weekend with conditioner in my wet hair....I use oils overnight to deep condition. The coconut oil is a protein conditioner and moisture retainer in one.

I also use argan oil and camellia oil on my hair. All three together is perfection.

boomygrrl
December 16th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Nope, not the same thing. I haven't tried the serum.

I use the GF sleek and shine serum occasionally. It smells SUPER good. But it is not creamy, is it the same thing? Sometimes I put it in just because it smells so good! I use it as an alternative to Coconut Oil when bunning to slick down the hair. It seems to build up really fast, though, so I only will use it isn the couple days before a wash (I wash once a week-ish).