PDA

View Full Version : Greasy hair => dandruff

mali
December 11th, 2010, 09:18 AM
3 months ago or more I was working on stretching washes.Because I'm 13 my hair gets greasy with all those hormones going on and off and working on my sebum glands..
So I was programing my hair to last a week and it worked for one month,my hair would get greasy every 5 days.But one night,after washing my hair I think I woke up with severe itching.I would literally scratch my scalp up to 1 inch of it's life!I got out of bed and went to the mirror.When I took a look at my scalp,BOOM! Flakes all over the place! And the situation was bad too! Now,3 months later,less dandruff but whenever I scratch my scalp I get this white gunk under my nails.I thought that was flakes but then I looked closer and it's sebum (and flakes,but not sure about it) ! Is the sebum itching?Or what?How do I get rid of this!

I need help!:(:(

boomtownrat
December 11th, 2010, 10:11 AM
I feel your frustration, but I don't know what will work in your exact case. For me, it's just not possible to stretch washes and I've accepted that. My scalp is a riot of itches and flakes if I go for more than a day without washing my hair in some way, whether I'm doing shampoo/conditioner, conditioner-only, or oil/shampoo (my current method). My hairdresser told me I needed to exfoliate my scalp when I had a lot of gunky build-up of sebum on my scalp. I think oil massages on my scalp helped me a lot in that department, but I've heard some people have success with sugar added to oil or conditioner (or both).

Some people have good results with diluted vinegar rinses, but I don't know if those work for sebum.

Somebody more knowledgeable than me will hopefully have more to add. :S

suicides_eve
December 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Try a brown sugar scrub to thoroughly clean the scalp. All you need is brown sugar and apply it to damp scalp massage in well and rinse. Some people ad this to there conditioner as well. The sugar granules help loosen up the debris built up on the scalp.

DARKMARTIAN
December 11th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Try a brown sugar scrub to thoroughly clean the scalp. All you need is brown sugar and apply it to damp scalp massage in well and rinse. Some people ad this to there conditioner as well. The sugar granules help loosen up the debris built up on the scalp.

This makes perfect sense....a slight abrasive to loosen debris. I could benefit from this greatly at certain times of the year.
Would it not dissolve though in the conditioner? Or did you mean added as needed... and not prior to using....
Any sort of ratio to be aware of? :o

AnnaJamila
December 11th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Hmm.. Have you tried tea tree oil? You should be able to find it in the ethnic isle of most all purpose stores.