PDA

View Full Version : Kim Kardashian Fishtails

Hana212
December 10th, 2010, 08:11 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/hana212/327bb873cc4cd23e2dedc279338689b0.jpg

The above photo shows Kim Kardashian sporting some wicked looking fish tail braids. It is unusual to see celebrities wearing braids.. usually it's hair out, hair in ponytail or hair in red carpet up do..

Have you seen many celebrities with braids?

bluesnowflake
December 10th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Nice braids! You're right, it's unusual to see a celebrity with a contained hairstyle if it's not on the red carpet. I don't admire her lifestyle choices, but her hair is pretty.

jesis
December 10th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I've always wondered if her and her sisters' hair is real?

christine1989
December 10th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Those are perfect braids! However I think wearing her hair down suits her face shape better. I'm happy to see someone wearing NEAT fishtail braids though since I'm sick to death of the messy, ratted up fishtails you usually see on celebs.

Arya
December 10th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Her cheek implants make her look sooo weird. Idunno why anyone ever gets cheek implants. Make you look quasi-human.

jesis
December 10th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Those are perfect braids! However I think wearing her hair down suits her face shape better. I'm happy to see someone wearing NEAT fishtail braids though since I'm sick to death of the messy, ratted up fishtails you usually see on celebs.

I agree 100%.

Hana212
December 10th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Her cheek implants make her look sooo weird. Idunno why anyone ever gets cheek implants. Make you look quasi-human.

I completely agree! It's weird!

monsterna
December 10th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Nice braids. I have this picture saved on my hard drive because I love her hair in it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/meganownsyou/kimhair-1.jpg

GeeLove
December 11th, 2010, 12:37 AM
I've always wondered if her and her sisters' hair is real?

there are pix online of kourtney kardashian getting a weave. http://spoiledpretty.blogspot.com/2009/10/kourtney-kardashian-wears-hair.html

i don't know if this is proper posting etiquette. if not, i sincerely apologize.

i think the fishtail braids look lovely but don't fit her face.

julliams
December 11th, 2010, 12:38 AM
The braid on the right (our right) looks like it's fishtail for about half and then regular braid at the bottom. Maybe they ran out of time.

GeeLove
December 11th, 2010, 12:40 AM
The braid on the right (our right) looks like it's fishtail for about half and then regular braid at the bottom. Maybe they ran out of time.

wow, good eyes! i didn't notice that.

Elph
December 11th, 2010, 12:50 AM
I think it is a fat fishtail - basically they ran out of hair to leave down and as such basicaly you have only two real strands to deal with - I think this because it is a lot....thiner at the end.

ericthegreat
December 11th, 2010, 12:58 AM

Actually no, the shape of the crossovers of the braid on the right show that whoever did the braid did continue to use the same technique, but he or she took bigger sections of hair. I notice that Kim has lots of shorter layers around her face that are cut and blended in with the much longer layers on the bottom. I think its much more likely that because of all the layers, the stylist has to improvise and take bigger sections of hair to both complete the braid and still make it look neat.

Edit: Elph explained it much better and simpler than I did. Thank you Elph. :magic:

KittyLost
December 11th, 2010, 02:07 AM
I think it looks cute :)

Khiwanean
December 11th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Actually no, the shape of the crossovers of the braid on the right show that whoever did the braid did continue to use the same technique, but he or she took bigger sections of hair. I notice that Kim has lots of shorter layers around her face that are cut and blended in with the much longer layers on the bottom. I think its much more likely that because of all the layers, the stylist has to improvise and take bigger sections of hair to both complete the braid and still make it look neat.

Edit: Elph explained it much better and simpler than I did. Thank you Elph. :magic:I also got the impression it was still a fishtail, but with larger sections.

Athena's Owl
December 11th, 2010, 04:18 AM
I don't admire her lifestyle choices, but her hair is pretty.

who is this person and what lifestyle choices? is she a radical vegan or something?

LocustSpawning
December 11th, 2010, 04:23 AM
I... can't quite comprehend her beauty. WOW.

& I think her cheek implants look fine.

mrs_coffee
December 11th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Those fishtails are cool. She's so beautiful. Kourtney, at least, admits to adding fake hair for volume. I'm not sure about Kim. Regardless, she looks great and has great style.

pepperminttea
December 11th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Those are perfect braids! <snip> I'm happy to see someone wearing NEAT fishtail braids though since I'm sick to death of the messy, ratted up fishtails you usually see on celebs.

Agreed! I know expecting celebrities to do protective styles because they're protective rather than because they're in fashion is a lot to ask, but the amount they mess with their braids really seems to be one step forward, two steps back. But then, if you can afford extensions and all those stylists, I suppose it doesn't matter so much. :shrug:

mellie
December 11th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Wow, that is unusual! I don't think I've ever seen pics of celebrities with braids, really at all!

I think she is very beautiful and I've always loved her luscious hair!

neon-dream
December 11th, 2010, 05:59 AM
I think it looks beautiful. I wish I could do mine this neat!!! -runs off to practice more-

Nae
December 11th, 2010, 06:16 AM
who is this person and what lifestyle choices? is she a radical vegan or something?

I am on board with Athena here. I have seen pictures of her and her sisters in the gossip rags but I really can't figure out what she is. (Well, besides human.)

I saw her on the Early Show yesterday being interviewed because she wrote a book called Kardashian Konfidental or something......something with a weird "K" spelling which made me :rolleyes: a little bit I admit. Anyway, it was a book about her childhood. But I still wasn't sure why someone would want to read about her childhood. And I was waiting, hoping the newsperson would say, "Introducing Kim Kardashian of ____________ fame."

Is she famous for being famous or something? Because that is my best guess.

P.S. Those are gorgeous braids. I too appreciate that they are nice and neat. She is a very pretty woman. I hope she keeps her long hair, it is lovely.

vividdreamer
December 11th, 2010, 06:54 AM
She looks gorgeous, as always. Once again I find myself wishing I had a hairstylist, makeup artist and stylist on speed dial!

As to who she is...I equate her much the same way I do Paris Hilton. They "shouldn't" be famous for any good reason, but they both had sex tapes "leaked" and gained noteriety after that, and then both got reality T.V. shows after/because of it (and also because of being rich, beautiful, socialites/party girls.) They're also (or used to be) good friends and run in the same circles. The Kardashian sisters run a couple of different clothing stores in LA and Miami, if I'm not mistaken...one called "Dash," and the other I can't remember the name of.

Yozhik
December 11th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Very pretty fishtails!

I wonder how thick her hair is -- I think her pigtails are about as thick as my single fishtail.

Also, I hope her cheek implants (I didn't even know they existed) look fake, because in some photos my cheeks look the same as hers.

I think she's famous for having a reality tv show about her family, but I'm not sure what fame they had to get such a tv show . . . :confused:

ETA: Oh, I see vividdreamer just posted an answer. :o

ButterCup02
December 11th, 2010, 07:04 AM
She looks gorgeous, as always. Once again I find myself wishing I had a hairstylist, makeup artist and stylist on speed dial!

As to who she is...I equate her much the same way I do Paris Hilton. They "shouldn't" be famous for any good reason, but they both had sex tapes "leaked" and gained noteriety after that, and then both got reality T.V. shows after/because of it (and also because of being rich, beautiful, socialites/party girls.) They're also (or used to be) good friends and run in the same circles. The Kardashian sisters run a couple of different clothing stores in LA and Miami, if I'm not mistaken...one called "Dash," and the other I can't remember the name of.

Yep. I've watched their show a few times but their drama over stupid things annoys me :o I think all the girls are so beautiful, and I love how they are not your typical stick thin girls and show how that can be gorgeous too, and I love their hair but their personalities...meh. LOL! They are sooo spoiled!

Love the fish tails on Kim, she is so gorgeous and I loooove her hair!

Rocket22
December 11th, 2010, 09:23 AM
here she is without her extensions. she is still beautiful even if she was bald. I think they all wear extensions

http://www.lovelyish.com/729134181/kim-kardashian-and-other-celebrities-with-and-without-their-fake-hair/

principesse
December 11th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Wow, those fishtails look stunning and inspiring. Actually the Kardashian sisters (all of them, even the little ones) count among my hair inspirations.

CarpeDM
December 11th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Wait, she has cheek impants?

ETA: Oh lordy, implants...

MsBubbles
December 11th, 2010, 09:48 AM
here she is without her extensions. she is still beautiful even if she was bald. I think they all wear extensions

http://www.lovelyish.com/729134181/kim-kardashian-and-other-celebrities-with-and-without-their-fake-hair/

Woo! Alicia Keys' natural hair looks gorgeous! I prefer it to the fake hair.

Oh hey! Check out what the person on that site wrote about the reason for extensions:

My hair stylist told me once that virtually everyone in the entertainment biz with long hair has extensions, because normal hair grown to that length always looks dry and unhealthy at the ends. Interesting.

Aw. Their 'hair stylist' should spend some time around here! And besides, they're only talking BSL at best!

Torrin Paige
December 11th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Super long braids hit the fashion runways about two seasons ago...and young Hollywood has been sporting a lot of braided looks of late. I see them usually incorporated in pretty up-do's and in the lamentable messy braids mentioned above. (I try my best to avoid braid shred and every time I see a pic of a starlet with a shredded braid it makes me cringe. LOL) I have to say I love seeing Kim's hair in neat fishtails. So pretty! She is a beautiful girl, as are all of the Kardashians, actually. I just don't want to hear them talk. They come across as quite vapid and it almost seems like it's an act. I mean, people can't actually be like that can they?

mellie89
December 11th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Those are really gorgeous. I wish I had a stylist to give me perfect fishtails braids! :D I just can't get the hang of them. My hair is too fine/slippery, I think.

As far as her cheek implants go... I didn't know she had them, but I think they look fine. If I took a picture from that angle, my cheekbones would look like that too.

LissaJane
December 11th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Just a quick FYI, I think the Kardashians owe quite a bit to their famous father (who, I believe, was OJ Simpson's lawyer) and their stepfather Bruce Jenner who is a famous Athlete and now a motivational speaker. Topped off by Kim's sex-tape.
Put all that in a bowl and you have a concoction for a reality show.

Don't know me how I know that, I won't be able to answer.
(although I could very well be wrong, if anyone knows better please feel free to correct me)

ETA: And fishtails are totally the next braid I've been planning to master. They look so cool!

prosperina
December 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM
/snip My hair stylist told me once that virtually everyone in the entertainment biz with long hair has extensions, because normal hair grown to that length always looks dry and unhealthy at the ends. Interesting.

Aw. Their 'hair stylist' should spend some time around here! And besides, they're only talking BSL at best!

I saw that too. :rolleyes: Except for all the hair that doesn't look dry and unhealthy! :D

starlights
December 11th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I love the fish tails its so pretty!

triumphator!
December 11th, 2010, 01:28 PM
For those wondering what bluesnowflake meant about her lifestyle choices: Kim was famous for a long time for a sex tape. There, I said it. Also people covet her booty too haha :)

AnnaJamila
December 11th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I wish she wouldn't dye her hair that color, super SUPER dark brown or black looks so much better, IMO. Again, lovely girl, not so lovely decisions. :/

pepperminttea
December 11th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I mean, people can't actually be like that can they?

I really, really hope not.

curlymarcia
December 13th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I had seen lately messy side braids, braid up-dos, but never a neat down braid in a celebrity. Yay, I hope fashion is getting more hair friendly :)

cataphract
December 13th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Pretty braids!

Lol I was just marveling at her cheekbones when I looked at the picture and didn't realize she had had implants.

I'm not a huge fan of the hair extension look, To each their own, though. I think natural (length and thickness - but color away!) hair looks better on a person.

Can you brush your hair if you have a weave in? Seems like you'd have to be careful not to hit it at the top. I like to scritch with my brush, though.

guccixx
December 15th, 2010, 05:42 PM
PSH. Kimmie's hair is all extensions!

But I disagree, braids are much more in style now than ever. LC's trademark was the side-parted mini braid pulled back...

I also see lots of loose french braids, braided towards the side with the tail over the shoulder.

2peasinapod
December 15th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Those braids look really neat! I have no idea about extensions and implants and things (in fact, I've never seen her show), but I love her style in that picture!

Wicked Princess
December 16th, 2010, 07:31 AM
She's a very beautiful woman and I love her hair in those braids!

I don't think my fishtails would be quite as thick as that. Of course, I'd have to learn how to fishtail in order to see. :o

enfys
December 16th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Woo! Alicia Keys' natural hair looks gorgeous! I prefer it to the fake hair.

Oh hey! Check out what the person on that site wrote about the reason for extensions:

My hair stylist told me once that virtually everyone in the entertainment biz with long hair has extensions, because normal hair grown to that length always looks dry and unhealthy at the ends. Interesting.

What tickled me about that comment is that surely these people are paying to have human hair extensions, not synthetic. So wouldn't the long hair used for the extensions be dry and unhealthy at the ends? Unless it is abnormal hair grown to that length...

Very pretty braids, and far far neater than mine ever look.

Octave
December 16th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Oh how refreshing to see braids on a celebrity! Really pretty.
I'm actually wearing a fishtail braid myself, it just doesn't turn out as neat as when I do two(two look really weird on me though). Just gotta keep on practicing as it's such a pretty and unique braid. ♥

BrightEyes7
December 16th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Her hair looks so cute there! I love how the color looks, with a little reddish tint.

I also like how she has some volume at the roots but everything still looks very neat.