PDA

View Full Version : One side of your hair is worse than the other?

monsterna
December 10th, 2010, 08:02 PM
So, I have noticed for years now that the left side of my hair acts a lot worse than the right. It doesn't do what the right side is doing most of the time, whether up or down. The right side lays as it should, without a bump in the back from my layer that still has another inch/+ to go until it's long enough to not bump or flip. The left side, however, totally embraces this bump and it makes me look quite ridiculous.

I also have a massive cowlick on the right of my crown near the back, which just parts the hair and makes updos a hassle constantly.

Anyone else have 'bad' sides to their hair?

Inchworm
December 10th, 2010, 08:06 PM
i have cowlicks on either side of my hair :(

jesis
December 10th, 2010, 08:07 PM
One of my sides grows way faster than the other, so it's longer and I look like an idiot sometimes!

one side of my hair has bigger, looser curls and the other (the one that grows faster) has smaller, tighter curls. It doesn't look bad, but there is a noticeable difference. :D

DARKMARTIAN
December 10th, 2010, 08:10 PM
My hair is a bit on "The Dark Side"
and the right side is the wrong side.....:)

akuamoonmaui
December 10th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Yes! OMG! One side is straighter than the other. A flat iron beats the curlier side into submission. ... :luke:

I have a cowlick on one side in the back..... when my hair was shorter the cowlick would mess up a hair cut because it would make the hair go up. Explain that to a hair dresser, ha! Long hair solved that little problem.

christine1989
December 10th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I have one side that grows a bit faster but since my hair is not perfectly straight it is not too terribly noticable. I hope to even it out though when I get to waist since it bugs me when I look at my uneven hemline.

erika_d
December 10th, 2010, 08:35 PM
My left side has a crazy cowlick at the back that looks soooo bad when it's too short

patienceneeded
December 10th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I have a wonky-looking cowlick on the left side-front of my hair that causes me no end of grief. Oddly enough, the left side (with exception of the cowlick) tends to lie flatter and less poofy than the right. It's bizarre but probably only really noticable to me...

owlathena
December 10th, 2010, 09:17 PM
last summer, i bleached a big streak on my right side and dyed it purple. It looks good, but its the second time i've bleached the exact same spot, and thus that area has extra breakage. the right side is now shorter than the left and has some strange layers.

Also, i have a cowlick on my left side, making straight across bangs absolutely impossible without intensive straightening.

dear hair, i'm so sorry i do these things to you.

Captain Nikki
December 10th, 2010, 10:15 PM
I have less hair on my right hand side or it's finer hair. If i make 2 ponytails, the right one is thinner. I noticed this a few months ago.

Gilly
December 10th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Trust me....I'm a Jedi, I can sort it out!:luke:

Mine is odd on one side too, its the side I sleep on though so I suspect that is what is making it weird! I do use a satin pillow though:o

Khiwanean
December 11th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I don't know that one side of my hair misbehaves more than the other, but the hair on one side grows faster and happens to be thicker than the other.

keepmyhair
December 11th, 2010, 12:18 AM
The hair on my right side is also a bit different. It grows at an angle closer to the scalp, while my left side hair seems to be growing more perpendicularly :-)

GeeLove
December 11th, 2010, 12:29 AM
the right side of my hair grows faster, the crown is more prone to breakage/tangles, the left side is okay, i think.

Mina17
December 11th, 2010, 04:03 AM
One side of my hair curls under, the other side curls up. It also looks a little flatter on one side than the other. I had a stylist say that I must sleep on that side more.

LocustSpawning
December 11th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Yeah, one side is a little bit thinner for some reason. Hmm...

Chibbylick
December 11th, 2010, 04:28 AM
You always crack me up!

sami
December 12th, 2010, 11:12 AM
My right side of hair definitely gives me more problems. If I have a fringe I get an ugly hook (cowlick?). Its wavier on that side too. Also whenever I've had damaged hair that side seems to be more affected :confused:

nytquill
December 12th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I've been noticing lately that one side gets more flyaway than the other after a wash. But I've also noticed that when I get out of the shower I normally go sit at my computer and the side that faces the window is the side that frizzes the most, and we do keep the window cracked a little bit even in the winter, so that may be the cuplrit, or I may spend more time on that side when I'm asleep.

littlestarface
December 12th, 2010, 12:27 PM
My right side of the hair is thinner than my left thicker and longer side :rolleyes: Its super annoying,I sleep on my left side more too so I know its not cause of breakage just the way it is.

berr
December 12th, 2010, 12:32 PM
My right side has more breakage and fly-away hair. When I sleep on my side, it's the right side. My cowlick and natural part are also right of center.

boomtownrat
December 12th, 2010, 03:41 PM
All three of my cowlicks are on the right side (front, crown, and nape), and there used to be a big lock on the left side that was drier than the right side. When it reaches mid-neck length, one side flips under and the other flips out.

ArienEllariel
December 12th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I have cowlicks on either side of my crown. It makes all my updos and especially french braids look messy on top because I have to wrestle with my hair to get it to lay back smooth.

Eva_M
December 13th, 2010, 06:28 AM
My left and right sides seem to be quite similar; maybe the left grows a little faster. The thing I've noticed is the hair at my back actually grows slower than the rest! It's also the most damaged part, so it makes me have an inverted 'V' shaped hemline. I have to trim from time to time to level the length. It's very annoying!

milagro
December 13th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I think it's pretty normal, I have something of a tousled cowlick of the left because I sleep on it mostly.

luxepiggy
December 13th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Yes! My natural part is slightly left of center, and my hair is a kind of thin. If I'm not careful with how I gather my hair for updos, my scalp tends to show through my hair in places on the left side. Also, there is a small contingent of hairs in the very front on the left side that sometimes get very fluffy looking, for some reason.

Purdy Bear
December 13th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I have some hair regrowth on one side and very little on the other, I thought it maybe the way I sleep, but other then that I dont have a clue why.

kristymarie87
December 13th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I have a cowlick in both sides or my fringe which is pretty annoying... i can control the one on the left. The right side of my hair is just so frustrating!!

I can get away with not straightening my left side, and it sits just right. The right however bends all diferent ways and is more frizzy! I think its to do with the layers.