PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin E oil

Anlbe
March 12th, 2008, 02:06 AM
I have a whole bottle of vitamin E oil which I don't know what to do with ( got it because I burn't myself rather badly and mother insisted I put it on where the burn had been even though it didn't mark.)

Has anyone tried it on their hair, or as a supplement?

Cricket
March 12th, 2008, 02:21 AM
I've added it to SMT mixes in the past with no ill effect, but I didn't keep it up long enough to see if there were any beneficial effects.

carloota
March 12th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Vitamin E is an antioxidant. It is good for hair and skin, from what I've read.

ktani
March 13th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I still smoke - although I have cut back considerably.

I use the Vitamin E Clear Base - this brand - only I buy 400 IU.
http://www.turnerdrugs.com/item919.htm

I find that it helps clear congestion when I have smoked too much - it works for me.

The clear base is more expensive but I find it is better in terms of working to "open up" congestion than the Vitamin E I used to buy.

ktani
March 13th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I have tried adding Vitamin E to catnip when I was experimenting a long while back - I did not find it helpful - it is very thick and it bothered my scalp.

Vitamin E, a tocopherol can be a sensitiser for some people.

I just use it now as a supplement.

Dacia
March 13th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I use from time to time a few drops of vit. E on my damp face and neck (only at night, after an exfoliation). Enriching a basic body lotion formula is another good idea.

jojo
March 22nd, 2008, 06:57 PM
vit e oil is great for scars , stretch marks and fine lines too

Celebrian
March 22nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
I would add it to various face or body oils/moisturisers that you use regularly... something like that anyway. I wouldn't waste it. I hear good things about that stuff. ;)