PDA

View Full Version : One N Only Argan oil from Sallys beauty

Anisaa
December 9th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone!! Has anyone used the argan oil from Sallys beauty supply? the brand is one n only. I have heard heard many wonderful things about this product. I have friends and family members who are in love with this oil all they do is talk about what an amazing product it is! I personally have not bought it or tried it so I don't know the ingredients it contains and if it is good for your hair..

patienceneeded
December 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I bought 100% Argan oil through Amazon.com from a company called Watts Beauty. I really like it, makes my hair very soft. I also use it on my arms, as I have excema and it seems to be helping. I don't know what the Sally brand is like, just make sure it's 100% pure, with no fillers or additives.

sibiryachka
December 9th, 2010, 07:34 PM
According to the Sally Beauty web site, ingredients are:

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Red 17 (CI 26100)

:( Looks like there may not be much actual argan oil in there, which would explain the low price.

Anisaa
December 9th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Thank you for looking at the ingredient list!!! :D
I am tempted to buy it, but I might consider saving up and buying a better quality one!

sedonia
December 4th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I realize that the name is misleading and that there this practically no argan oil in it, but this stuff is really wonderful!

My hair seems to need cones, so I usually use coney products. That being said, this seems different from other cone-based serums (I have tried many over the years). I got the shampoo and conditioner as well as the serum and they are all great.

I have fine hair and not a huge amount of it, so I have to be careful with serums or they make my hair look greasy. I used just a tiny drop of the serum.

It makes my hair look and feel like it did 20 years ago.

jacqueline101
December 4th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I'm using it now and I love it and I put mine in my mister along with my other oils and use it daily since the cold weather my hair loves it.

angiescurls
December 4th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I use to use it, thinking like most that there's a good amount of argan oil in it and liked it, but found it was nothing special. It's essentially a silicone-based serum like many others - which is great for heat protection and frizz, but when I ran out I invested in pure argan oil from a health store and it's great on the hair (absorbs quickly, doesn't feel greasy, adds shine and softness) and it lasts way longer.

jeanniet
December 4th, 2011, 03:39 PM
It's not really argan oil at all, so if that's what you want, don't buy it. Real argan oil is relatively expensive, but it's great stuff and a small amount goes a long way. If you're just looking for a coney serum, then it might be fine for you, as long as you know that the amount of argan oil in the product is probably very small so it's not like using real argan oil.

bloomingrose
December 4th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I have that exact product in my cabinet. It seems to make my hair frizzy and gross feeling. I understand that it might work for some people, but it just doesn't work for me! I would definitely recommend saving up for the real thing.

ludwig20
December 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I started to use the shampoo back in September. Honestly, it worked well the first few weeks- my hair felt clean, soft, shiny, and full. I thought it was my HG shampoo. But then it gave me awful build up and even after clarifying, the shampoo felt heavy and... nothing special. If you do try it, I hope you have much better luck with it than I did.