PDA

View Full Version : Would you sleep in heidi braids?

BellCat
December 9th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Im thinking about sleeping in heidi braids since it keeps my ends safe but could the 'no damage' hair ties and bobby pins damage them?

pepperminttea
December 9th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I would think it'd be hair-safe, though if you're worried, try doing it with a silk scarf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q_Rk5SOOWM) rather than pins?

Madora
December 9th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I agree with pepperminttea..the scarf idea is more hair friendly than using bobby pins.

BellCat
December 9th, 2010, 02:52 PM
wow that looks so cool :P im going to try and find a scarf now :P

AnnaJamila
December 9th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I would think it'd be hair-safe, though if you're worried, try doing it with a silk scarf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q_Rk5SOOWM) rather than pins?

OMiGosh!!! I can't WAIT to try this!!!!!!! It'll be so refreshing for Kareem so see me go to bed with cute hair... instead of an old lady cap... ;)

ETA: Thanks for posting this! Lol, sorry, I got excited!

Juanita
December 9th, 2010, 03:11 PM
It's comfortable. I,ve slept with this style.

kitten1986
December 9th, 2010, 04:27 PM
That is totally cute, I am currently in the process of moving house... so all of my scarves are packed away but as soon as I am settled I think this hairstyle will be my new favourite :D

tigerlily38
December 9th, 2010, 06:53 PM
this is so cute, i am going to use this hairstyle at night :)

Fairlight63
December 9th, 2010, 07:54 PM
That looks so cute! I have to try it. It looks like it would make pretty hair waves also.

I don't have a scarf so I am thinking of making me one out of some silk material that I have. So, I was wondering what measurements to make it. What size is your scarf?

eezepeeze
December 9th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I love that scarf idea. I don't have one long enough, but I do have ribbon, so I think I'll try that tonight. I always sleep in heidi braids on oiling nights to keep my hair away from my face, but never thought of doing it like that. Clever!

Embrace1913
December 10th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I sleep with heidi braids all the time! No damage & they make great waves :)

kabelaced
December 10th, 2010, 09:49 AM
What a cool idea! When my hair gets down to shoulder length, I am definitely going to try this!! :) Thanks so much!

Alvrodul
December 10th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Im thinking about sleeping in heidi braids since it keeps my ends safe but could the 'no damage' hair ties and bobby pins damage them?
I have done so - quite frequently, too! But then I used hair taping to keep them in place, and my reason for sleeping in them could be described as pure laziness - though considering that the process of braiding, pinning and then sewing the braids into place usually took about half an hour, maybe I was not so lazy after all.
Nowadays, throwing my hair up into a simple bun takes me about half a minute... ;)

milagro
December 10th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Wow, that's a very cool updo! Nor only for bedtime. Though it's more a summer look :) I wish I had such dark hair, it looks better with a scarf.
Huge thanks for posting this link :flowers:

Jezerellica
December 10th, 2010, 10:29 AM
I read an LHCrs idea of getting the end of her braids wet(I use a little aloe vera gel sometimes) and they would stick together without any tie. Yes! I do this now and it is great! No tie and I 've been sleeping in Heidi braids. No tangles when you wake up! Good luck! Anything to keep our thin ends from getting any thinner, right~Oh, I use a sleep cap too.

kettle
December 10th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I just tried this, I love it! (The scarf tutorial, that is!) Thanks so much for posting it.
It's a bit too unstable for me to consider for bed... but I'd definitely wear it in public :) It's even making me consider going out to show it off! :D