PDA

View Full Version : "Girl With Incredible Hair"

BeachBabe91
December 9th, 2010, 02:12 PM
http://www.dumage.com/girl-with-incredible-hair/

Angeletti
December 9th, 2010, 02:16 PM
She's the same girl I saw a picture of months ago online somewhere and I thought the same thing, awesome hair.

mali
December 9th, 2010, 02:19 PM
That's not her hair,those are extensions.
So,it's not really worth appreciating.
But she was beautiful and I'm sorry about her short,tragic death.

Fairlight63
December 9th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I read about her life story there, how sad that she is dead. She was a beautiful girl.

TinaDenali
December 9th, 2010, 02:41 PM

From what I just read about her it sounds like that's really her hair. She was discovered at 15 and had knee length hair; she was called the "Russian Rapunzel".

ETA: http://www.supermodels.nl/ruslanakorshunova/pictures/1
And if you look through this gallery (there are 7 pages) it really does not look like extensions. I suppose in some shots she could have had some clip ins for more volume, but there are plenty of pictures that show very natural looking long hair.

My vote is for it being natural! :D

mali
December 9th, 2010, 02:42 PM
From what I just read about her it sounds like that's really her hair. She was discovered at 15 and had knee length hair; she was called the "Russian Rapunzel".

Oh,wow then!

Anatheme
December 9th, 2010, 02:44 PM
She was stunningly beautiful, and is one of my greatest hair idols. :crush:

I'm never heard about her wearing extensions before... perhaps she is in those photos, but earlier in her career I believe her hair was genuinely knee length.

ETA: Sorry, beaten to it. :o

AnnaJamila
December 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I want that hair... preeeeeeeeeetty...

enfys
December 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM

Why do you say that? I never found any mention that she wore extensions?

Dreams_in_Pink
December 9th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I can tell extensions from miles away. That is definitely not extensions, trust me :D

It's hard to believe that the girl in those photos is dead :( R.I.P.

leslissocool
December 9th, 2010, 02:56 PM
OMG I want her hair!!!!

Just to make sure, a lot of Russian people I know have knee length hair... My best friend's fiancée' is Russian, her hair was at knee when we met her... I felt a stab in the heart when she cut it!!! A lot of eastern countries grow their hair long to sell it to Italian wig factories, and the lighter the hair, the more money they get from it. People who are poor and need money often do this, so it's not uncommon to go to eastern Europe and see amazing lengths.

She sold her hair too... It was really sad :(

mali
December 9th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Why do you say that? I never found any mention that she wore extensions?

I said I didn't know.And then somebody here informed me,so I said OH wow,because if it's her true hair,it is very beautiful.

chopandchange
December 9th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I'm surprised anyone with hair like that would want to be a model. When you're a model you have to let them the sort of things they've done in those photos: curl it, crimp it, scrunch it, straighten it, style it, and then blow it around. It makes me cringe! I know those "blowing in the wind" photos show off her hair beautifully, but just think all the detangling she'd have to do afterwards.

Lianna
December 9th, 2010, 03:23 PM
This is a very understanding site, to make it even better, more tolerance about extensions are in order...I've noticed this a long time ago.

Beautiful hair, with or without extensions.

lapushka
December 9th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Gorgeous hair. Beautiful young girl. Tragic story!

Avvoltoio
December 9th, 2010, 03:56 PM
i heard about her, and her death before. She was a beautiful girl, and yes she had knee length hair, but i don't know the managers, others or she wanted her haircut, some galleries i have seen her with only mid-back length hair, i really sorry her

enfys
December 9th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I said I didn't know.And then somebody here informed me,so I said OH wow,because if it's her true hair,it is very beautiful.

I thought you just said it was extensions, not that you didn't know either way. There was a cross over in postings; I see it was cleared up beforehand in that cross over.

pepperminttea
December 9th, 2010, 04:24 PM
She was beautiful, and her hair was stunning too, before the 'beauty' industry got hold of it. :(

This is a very understanding site, to make it even better, more tolerance about extensions are in order...I've noticed this a long time ago.

Beautiful hair, with or without extensions.

But if the extensions are natural hair, wouldn't they look better on the head of the person who grew them? :shrug:

Kome
December 9th, 2010, 04:28 PM
That is so sad. :(

hazelnut
December 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM
She had beautiful hair. It's so tragic that she had to die so young.

christine1989
December 9th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Wow! That has to be below knee length!

Lianna
December 9th, 2010, 05:40 PM
But if the extensions are natural hair, wouldn't they look better on the head of the person who grew them? :shrug:

Is it necessary to put down those who choose to do anything with their hair? Extensions being one thing. LHC has come a long way accepting differences, being conventional hair care or not, extensions, however, seem to be 'okay' to hate on in here. Some members do/have worn extensions, you know. And extensions can be something to compliment on, specially when it's well done/blended.

LocustSpawning
December 9th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Wow... so envious of her incredible hair (and beauty!). It is tragic... :(

pepperminttea
December 9th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Is it necessary to put down those who choose to do anything with their hair? Extensions being one thing. LHC has come a long way accepting differences, being conventional hair care or not, extensions, however, seem to be 'okay' to hate on in here. Some members do/have worn extensions, you know. And extensions can be something to compliment on, specially when it's well done/blended.

I don't think it's necessarily attacking the people who wear them, but the worry of the damage extensions cause. Yes, everyone's hair is their own, and they should enjoy it however they wear it, but if you're trying to grow long and healthy hair as many on LHC are, weaved extensions aren't going to help, and have been known to cause serious hairloss (though with clip-in, go for it).

What bothers me is the practice of using them in things like advertising so people feel like they need them, you know? Like a normal person's head of hair isn't enough to be beautiful. (But it bugs me that women are made to feel as if they need make-up to be attractive, as if their natural face is somehow not good enough for the world to see.)

... I'll stop ranting now. :o Sorry for the hijack!

BeachBabe91
December 9th, 2010, 06:01 PM
People don't need to be so sensitive here. It's kind of mind boggling. Stop taking offence to comments which aren't meant to be offensive. Why not appreciate the difference in opinion? :confused:

I agree with all of you! It's so tragic what happened to her, whether it was suicide or not... and she definitely had some gorgeous and long natural hair.

BeachBabe91
December 9th, 2010, 06:02 PM
OMG I want her hair!!!!

Just to make sure, a lot of Russian people I know have knee length hair... My best friend's fiancée' is Russian, her hair was at knee when we met her... I felt a stab in the heart when she cut it!!! A lot of eastern countries grow their hair long to sell it to Italian wig factories, and the lighter the hair, the more money they get from it. People who are poor and need money often do this, so it's not uncommon to go to eastern Europe and see amazing lengths.

That is so sad! How much is hair even worth to sell it?

Lianna
December 9th, 2010, 06:03 PM
@pepperminttea

It's nice of you to think about the damage they can cause, however I've seen several african american women in other hair boards (AA boards) who claim weaved extensions as their protective styles, and that it was the best to grow their hair. I just respect people's choices. Clip-ins can damage too. I don't like much make-up either, just a little eye shadow now and then. :p I'll stop hijacking too, LOL.

Lianna
December 9th, 2010, 06:06 PM

People don't need to be so sensitive here. It's kind of mind boggling. Stop taking offence to comments which aren't meant to be offensive.

I'm sorry, but I did took offense on that, even though I don't wear extensions. Ever heard of K.N.I.T?

curlywurlygurly
December 9th, 2010, 06:23 PM
stunning hair.. so sad when people take their lives.. :(

GeeLove
December 9th, 2010, 06:28 PM
she had such gorgeous hair. i'm adding it to my inspiration folder.

leslissocool
December 10th, 2010, 02:30 AM
That is so sad! How much is hair even worth to sell it?

believe it or not, she sold hers (she was a dirty blond, virgin hair knee length) for about $600 Euro to a place near where I lived. She was pretty tall too, so it was probably about over 4 feet of hair.... She cut her hair in a pixie, which she is still trying to grow out...

There was a video I watched on YouTube about women doing this in Romania too I think and selling it to Italians... It's really common.

Dragon
December 10th, 2010, 02:42 AM
She has very beautiful hair.

milagro
December 10th, 2010, 03:59 AM
It gives pain that anyone so young and beautiful would take their life :(
Her hair is amazing.

SpeakingEZ
December 10th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Ugh, I got chills reading that story. It hit a little close to home, to be honest.

mali
December 11th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I'm sorry, but I did took offense on that, even though I don't wear extensions. Ever heard of K.N.I.T?

Okay,let's take offense on anything.Maybe that will make us feel better and turn this thread around from commenting on this beautiful girl's hair to ''taking offense''.And offense isn't really even in this thread.Haven't seen any,sorry.:rolleyes:

Jezerellica
December 11th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Whatever, extensions or no, this is so tragic. Young and gorgeous with her entire life ahead of her. She just needed someone to listen to her. Possibley peope tried. Who know. We never know what is going on in someones mind. Even if they look perfect on the outside.

Athena's Owl
December 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Okay,let's take offense on anything.

Mali, please. Your original comment was... well it wasn't

Kind

because of the dismissive way you claimed extensions. It also wasn't

Necessary

to say that the photographs weren't worth appreciating. Since you simply said they were extensions and didn't provide any information on how you know this, the post wasn't terribly

Informative, and so there's no way to even tell if what you're saying is

True.

And that's KNIT, and that's why you were questioned about your knowledge of the guideline.

I thought your reply was cruel. The girl's dead, first off, and secondly why showcase her hair in those photos in such a way if it wasn't actually her hair? why not just go with the same bland APL style that is model standard? She's beautiful enough for it regardless of her hair's length. hairpieces are a part of the beauty industry; but this is the second thread i've read today where someone is acting nasty because some person in the public eye is using them. It's getting tiresome.

The article about Korshunova's death was sensationally written, but I was immediately reminded of a documentary I saw about organized crime involvement with NHL hockey players from russia - and there have been suspicious deaths there, too. It was also sensational, but pare away the exclamation points and I have to wonder.

Yozhik
December 11th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I also wonder what actually happened to her. The article mentioned that her hair was cut jaggedly short when she was found dead. That sounds very suspicious to me.

She was incredibly beautiful, and I love the photos of her and her hair.

smilingviolet19
December 11th, 2010, 03:27 PM
That is a very tragic story. My heart goes out to her mother and family/friends.

mali
December 11th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Mali, please. Your original comment was... well it wasn't

Kind

because of the dismissive way you claimed extensions. It also wasn't

Necessary

to say that the photographs weren't worth appreciating. Since you simply said they were extensions and didn't provide any information on how you know this, the post wasn't terribly

Informative, and so there's no way to even tell if what you're saying is

True.

And that's KNIT, and that's why you were questioned about your knowledge of the guideline.

I thought your reply was cruel. The girl's dead, first off, and secondly why showcase her hair in those photos in such a way if it wasn't actually her hair? why not just go with the same bland APL style that is model standard? She's beautiful enough for it regardless of her hair's length. hairpieces are a part of the beauty industry; but this is the second thread i've read today where someone is acting nasty because some person in the public eye is using them. It's getting tiresome.

The article about Korshunova's death was sensationally written, but I was immediately reminded of a documentary I saw about organized crime involvement with NHL hockey players from russia - and there have been suspicious deaths there, too. It was also sensational, but pare away the exclamation points and I have to wonder.

Death is not to pity.That is why I commented.I'm not gonna give her credit just because she's dead.I didn't know she was dead when I posted that.And that hair looked like extensions so I just expressed my oppinion.
Now that I know that those weren't extensions and about her life,I'm actually quite sad to hear about about her tragic death and amazed how beautiful her hair was considering the fact that her hair was not filled up with extensions.
Oppinions don't have to be kind (altough prefferable and I will always make them so) or true,or informative or necesary.
She is a beautiful girl and as I said,I'm saddened to hear the news.
In regards to people taking offense,well...I can't see it,I'm sorry.

TinaDenali
December 11th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Oppinions don't have to be kind (altough prefferable and I will always make them so) or true,or informative or necesary.

It's part of LHC's standards to make sure your posts are KNIT.
You can view it here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/announcement.php?f=9&a=8

enfys
December 11th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Death is not to pity.That is why I commented.I'm not gonna give her credit just because she's dead.I didn't know she was dead when I posted that.And that hair looked like extensions so I just expressed my oppinion.
Now that I know that those weren't extensions and about her life,I'm actually quite sad to hear about about her tragic death and amazed how beautiful her hair was considering the fact that her hair was not filled up with extensions.
She is a beautiful girl and as I said,I'm saddened to hear the news.
In regards to people taking offense,well...I can't see it,I'm sorry.

But Mali, in your original post you never stated opinions. You wrote as facts. In your first post you mentioned her death so you did know.

It's not about pity, it's respect. And maintaining a standard for the forum.

mali
December 11th, 2010, 05:32 PM
But Mali, in your original post you never stated opinions. You wrote as facts. In your first post you mentioned her death so you did know.

It's not about pity, it's respect. And maintaining a standard for the forum.

After reading other people's post I edited my post.You know when you edit your post fast after posting it the ''blah blah has edited their post'' doesn't appear.And no,I didn't write my post as a fact.It was STRICLY an oppinion,which I was quite sure about (that was my mistake).
It was about pity suddenly accepting her hair (if it were extensions) even though I didn't like it,just because she's gone.Why is it allright to not like a living person's hair but when it comes to a dead girl's hair we should adore it and ''respect'' it?I choose to be corect.Death and life are cycles.I'm never gonna judge on cycles.
And I'll ALWAYS respect this forum,it's members etc because I feel good here.I wouldn't want to lose one of my friends,would I?:) But IRL oppinions aren't KNIT.That's what I meant.
I'm sorry if I offended anyone.:flower:

musicallberrii
December 11th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Wow, she was gorgeous.. It's terrible about her death, and I hope if she didn't actually commit suicide that they find who did it.

On a side note, I am always amazed when I see how beautiful some models' hair is.. all that teasing and crazy hairstyles would probably kill my hair. They must have an awesome routine to keep their hair so healthy (this girl in particular, since her hair is so long).

naereid
December 11th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I remember an excerpt from an interview or something where she said that she only has long hair because her mother made her grow it out. Her mother even washed it for her until Ruslana was a teenager. She wanted to cut it because it's tough to take care of, but her mother and her modeling agency wouldn't let her.

enfys
December 11th, 2010, 06:28 PM
After reading other people's post I edited my post.You know when you edit your post fast after posting it the ''blah blah has edited their post'' doesn't appear.And no,I didn't write my post as a fact.It was STRICLY an oppinion,which I was quite sure about (that was my mistake).
It was about pity suddenly accepting her hair (if it were extensions) even though I didn't like it,just because she's gone.Why is it allright to not like a living person's hair but when it comes to a dead girl's hair we should adore it and ''respect'' it?I choose to be corect.Death and life are cycles.I'm never gonna judge on cycles.
And I'll ALWAYS respect this forum,it's members etc because I feel good here.I wouldn't want to lose one of my friends,would I?:) But IRL oppinions aren't KNIT.That's what I meant.
I'm sorry if I offended anyone.:flower:

I don't think your wording reads as an opinion. I have never edited a post so quickly that it hasn't shown, and I have done some pretty quick edits because my phone often skips letters but stranger things have happened with this site.

That's where I am leaving this.

pepperminttea
December 11th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I don't think your wording reads as an opinion. I have never edited a post so quickly that it hasn't shown, and I have done some pretty quick edits because my phone often skips letters but stranger things have happened with this site.

That's where I am leaving this.

If I do an edit directly after posting, without leaving the page, it doesn't show up. Quite handy really, since I'm a typo magnet. :o

Igor
December 12th, 2010, 02:43 AM
i'm adding it to my inspiration folder.

Please take this as a friendly reminder and not anything else, but a lot of us have had our pictures “added to someone’s inspirational folder” and we don’t appreciate that. Obviously no one can stop you from doing it, but bragging about it on the forum will probably not be seen as a positive thing

ravenreed
December 12th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Can you please explain this further? Are you meaning something online that everyone can see, or some private folder on a person's computer somewhere that they can look at later for ideas? Because if it's the latter, I don't see the harm in it.

Please take this as a friendly reminder and not anything else, but a lot of us have had our pictures “added to someone’s inspirational folder” and we don’t appreciate that. Obviously no one can stop you from doing it, but bragging about it on the forum will probably not be seen as a positive thing

Igor
December 12th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Can you please explain this further? Are you meaning something online that everyone can see, or some private folder on a person's computer somewhere that they can look at later for ideas? Because if it's the latter, I don't see the harm in it.

I purposely didn’t specify it because it could mean both. And you are welcome to have your own opinion, I just happen to think there’s no reason to tell people you do save other peoples pictures.

Finoriel
December 12th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Actually both is illegal. Copyright issues.
And there's not much difference between doing it online or on ones computer.
Both violates the personal rights of photographer and model to decide who may own/use their picture.

Most people do not mean any harm by doing it (:flower:). Everybody seems to do it, so it can't be wrong, right? And most likely everybody did it at one point of time - simply being unaware of the issues with it and not thinking about it that way. So those of us who are without sins, may throw the first stone, I guess. :wink:

Unfortunately the whole copyright thing is not easy to grasp, but when thinking about it how oneself would feel about being added to a picture-folder, unasked, by someone we don't even know... it becomes easier to understand.

Avital88
December 12th, 2010, 05:53 AM
i heard it was her own hair too. so sorry she died.
And what a strange thing that her hair was much shorter all of a sudden

ravenreed
December 12th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Without disputing any of this, I don't assume anything I put out on the net is safe. So I wouldn't post a photo that I would be worried about someone saving. Using for other purposes is a different matter. For instance, if I did an intricate updo, uploaded a photo and someone saved it so they could recreate it later, it wouldn't bug me a bit. I realize that others feel differently.

Actually both is illegal. Copyright issues.
And there's not much difference between doing it online or on ones computer.
Both violates the personal rights of photographer and model to decide who may own/use their picture.

Most people do not mean any harm by doing it (:flower:). Everybody seems to do it, so it can't be wrong, right? And most likely everybody did it at one point of time - simply being unaware of the issues with it and not thinking about it that way. So those of us who are without sins, may throw the first stone, I guess. :wink:

Unfortunately the whole copyright thing is not easy to grasp, but when thinking about it how oneself would feel about being added to a picture-folder, unasked, by someone we don't even know... it becomes easier to understand.

Athena's Owl
December 12th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Without disputing any of this, I don't assume anything I put out on the net is safe. So I wouldn't post a photo that I would be worried about someone saving. Using for other purposes is a different matter. For instance, if I did an intricate updo, uploaded a photo and someone saved it so they could recreate it later, it wouldn't bug me a bit. I realize that others feel differently.

Yeah, people do. Utterly technically, it's illegal, but it also ignores the fact that if you viewed it on the internet the photo *is* copied into your browser cache. but that is... overlooked? it's the act of right clicking an image and saving it as in your own personal computer that is illegal unless the material is released.

if you don't mind, you can formally release your updo pics for the purposes of reference, you can release it under a creative commons license, or you can just not bother to chase anyone down about it. whichever solution works best. :)

ravenreed
December 12th, 2010, 04:30 PM
True. I have also seen websites where people give explicit consent to certain uses of their images, say for educational uses or non-profit type websites. Those are pretty awesome.

Yeah, people do. Utterly technically, it's illegal, but it also ignores the fact that if you viewed it on the internet the photo *is* copied into your browser cache. but that is... overlooked? it's the act of right clicking an image and saving it as in your own personal computer that is illegal unless the material is released.

if you don't mind, you can formally release your updo pics for the purposes of reference, you can release it under a creative commons license, or you can just not bother to chase anyone down about it. whichever solution works best. :)

SpeakingEZ
December 16th, 2010, 09:43 AM

If the person who posted the photos wanted to protect them, there are ways to prevent right-clicking them. I used to have modeling profiles that were all right-click protected. I'm sure there's some back-door to that, but I never found one.

ETA: I forgot about screen-shots. So, it's possible, but not as easy as right-clicking.

On a side, as far as California laws go, copyright infringement is only punishable if its doing caused economic damage to the party that owns the photo or if it caused economic gains to the party that used the photo but did not have ownership or permission. But I am not a lawyer. Also, copyright laws vary country to country, state to state. DBF talks my ear off about copyright laws and how Europe is progressing more quickly than we are.

oops, sorry /hijack

heidi w.
December 16th, 2010, 10:01 AM
According to the text, her hair was noted as quite long and for some reason may have been cut short, badly, before her supposed leap from her apartment balcony. Eastern Europeans in many cases still grow their hair quite long. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the photos added IN extensions......she was discovered while still a teen......

The text reveals that her hair was in poor condition according to the doorman when her body was discovered. Apparently this fact stuck in the doorman's mind her hair being short and in poor condition and poorly cut.

I am not surprised, from seeing these photos, that her hair would be in bad condition. To get those photos of the hair in movement and "Looking" that way for a photo (in different states of curliness) we're talking about heavy manipulation and products on the hair, lots of combing and struggling.

I wouldn't be surprised that many days she came home from work and just had a disaster to take apart. After a certain point of all this manipulation, the hair begins to break down.

I've done some heavy styling of my hair length historically and I can attest to the work to unravel a really fancy style with lots o product to keep the hold or make it shine or fill in the blank. It's sometimes taken me 2 hair washes to get my hair back to normal, and heavy dosage of conditioner. But I never did the styling dayafter day after day, year in year out.

Unfortunate her death. I'm guessing an accident. I've been to New York and if it's the balcony style I imagine it might be, I can easily see someone tripping, especially if wearing heels. I can't imagine she committed suicide, although if her trademark was poorly "chopped" as the text suggests, she might. She's young enough. We've had posts here about tragic hair cuts and people's feelings. Young people respond very intensely about these things not yet having enough experience to know that things will pass.

heidi w.

CastaDiva
December 16th, 2010, 10:19 AM
A very beautiful girl with absolutely gorgeous hair. It`s really, really stunning. And I`m so sorry to hear that she has passed away.

chahuahuas
July 5th, 2011, 09:53 PM
This girl is the one who inspired me to really go nuts with the length of my hair. My hair is curly and brown like hers, and I think if I can grow as much as her, I would be just as fabulous!

nightwish90
January 13th, 2012, 02:51 AM
OMG I want her hair!!!!

i come from an east european country and i've never seen / heard of that. most of the girls i know in my country usually cut their hair shoulder length or APL and 99% of the times it's layered, cause it looks "fashionable". i did that too. and well it's actually uncommon to see a girl with very long hair. and Ruslana actually came from kazakhstan, and not from the east european part of Russia.
I actually heard that story with long hair in India, where women have long good quality hair, and as i've heard of, most hair extensions come from India. now might someone from india tell me that too, that's not true and i'm not corectly infomed, but that's what i've heard.:shrug:

Of the Fae
January 13th, 2012, 03:04 AM
A lot of people from India actually don't know their hair is used, because it is picked up from temples where the hair is supposed to be sacrificed to the gods.
I saw a documentary about it, it's awful.

This girl is beautiful! How sad she died so young! I'm 20 years old myself and cannot imagine life ending so soon! I don;t think she did it because of her hair.. or maybe from fear of losing her carreer?

NaiadOreiad
January 13th, 2012, 04:10 AM
A lot of people from India actually don't know their hair is used, because it is picked up from temples where the hair is supposed to be sacrificed to the gods.
I saw a documentary about it, it's awful.

This girl is beautiful! How sad she died so young! I'm 20 years old myself and cannot imagine life ending so soon! I don;t think she did it because of her hair.. or maybe from fear of losing her carreer?

In the documentary I saw, an indian woman put it like this:

"It doesn't matter what is done with the hair after we cut it. Its the act of cutting it off that is the sacrifice. If someone wants to sell it, ok, I don't need it anymore, because I sacrificed by cutting it off."

But there are alot of people who do cut their hair to sell and they get really low rates for it in impoverished places, that is truly sad.

MonaLisa
January 13th, 2012, 04:33 AM
A friend explained me...that people who decide to commit suicide..go through short happy period before the actual suicide.
That could explain what was told about her...that she seemed happy some time before it happened.
What happens is that they decide they want to die and how, and make peace with themselves and sort of enjoy then last days/hours...
When it's not the case, we're most likely talking about ' call for help' suicide attempts...when people subconsciously just want to get attention, get help and not really kill themselfs..
Such people will behave confused, stressed, lost, depressed...etc..

the.fee.fairy
January 13th, 2012, 06:13 AM
http://www.dont-panic.co.uk/girls-through-the-history-with-unusualy-long-hair

These are beautiful too.

It's such a shame that the girl committed suicide. I hope she's at peace now.

jacqueline101
January 13th, 2012, 06:18 AM
She has great hair.

long&blonde
January 13th, 2012, 06:40 AM
What a beautiful girl. IMHO her hair is all her own.
Beauty and youth are definitely not easy.
I think that is a well kept secret,
With majority looking on as if the beautiful have the world in their hand.
The mean jealosies of women, and men. The fears and realities of aging, the sacrifices to keep the look.
The realization of the massive overwhelming public humiliation & backlash you'd face if you just one day said "forget this" & let yourself go.
Truly hope and pray her soul has found peace.
And a happier world than this. RIP Awesome Hair Girl.

Amber_Maiden
January 13th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Gorgeous hair. Tragic.

long&blonde
January 13th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Thank you to whoever posted "The girl with Awesome Hair". I've read, and honestly believe,that sometimes when people die suddenly or violently, their spirit can linger here. Really like that all of us here are appreciating her hair,beauty,& what she went thru in life, years after she's passed. I like to think her soul is smiling.
Hope so. :)

Vanille_
January 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Did anyone else give a suspicious squint when they read that the doorman noticed her hair looked to be hacked off at her death? I wonder what happened... hmm...

beachgirlla
January 13th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I don't think it's necessarily attacking the people who wear them, but the worry of the damage extensions cause. Yes, everyone's hair is their own, and they should enjoy it however they wear it, but if you're trying to grow long and healthy hair as many on LHC are, weaved extensions aren't going to help, and have been known to cause serious hairloss (though with clip-in, go for it).

What bothers me is the practice of using them in things like advertising so people feel like they need them, you know? Like a normal person's head of hair isn't enough to be beautiful. (But it bugs me that women are made to feel as if they need make-up to be attractive, as if their natural face is somehow not good enough for the world to see.)

... I'll stop ranting now. :o Sorry for the hijack!
Yes I do agree, coming from 8 years doing extensions, they looked long and blended very well, hair extensions, all types (I tried all) are very damaging.
What bothers me is that the 3 people (hair stylists) that I have used in those 8 years are getting very rich, 2 of them they make at least $20,000-30,000 a MONTH !!!!!, this is rip off and should be stopped, both told me that my hair will not be damaged and will be same, hell no, it was not, I can see my hair in the back where much more extensions were applied is much less in thickness compared to my bang in which you can not apply extensions to it.

Hair extensions, no matter what type it is are very damaging and bad

beachgirlla
January 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Did anyone else give a suspicious squint when they read that the doorman noticed her hair looked to be hacked off at her death? I wonder what happened... hmm...

what do you mean hacked off, where did you read this, hmmm

Vanille_
January 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I exagerated, not "hacked off". Here are some quotes:

"Muhammad was immediately suspicious. “Only next day I realized what was wrong. It was her hair! It was much shorter than when I last saw her that night, lively and happy. It seemed like it was cut in a hurry since the ends were uneven.” “All I got is a polite ‘thank you.’ But nobody called me for an interview.”

"The ends were uneven, as if someone had cut it with scissors.”

“The hair could fall out because of a strong impact, but it could not become shorter. When I was preparing the body for a funeral, I noticed that the hair was in a very poor condition. I even offered to find her a wig, but her relatives refused."

pierrotlunaire
January 13th, 2012, 11:59 AM
beautiful hair and a beautiful girl.

the.fee.fairy
January 14th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Maybe she cut it off herself?

There was a comment (i think it was here) that she wanted to cut her hair off, but her mother and model agency wouldn't let her. So maybe she cut it herself to finally be at peace with what she wanted rather than what someone else wanted for her.

We often complain here about fashion wanting things for us - the extensions discussion is one of those.

We also know the pain of having our hair cut off, or we can imagine the pain that it would cause us. Maybe she was in just as much pain because she was being made to keep her long hair against her will. If you look at some of the photos, it looks like the hair's been backcombed and sprayed and not treated well by stylists. None of the photos show her hair in a natural state. TBH, if someone insisted on backcombing and spraying mine day after day, i'd want to cut it all off too! I get angry enough when people suggest using straightening irons on it, so imagine that being your job, and you being forced to have people brushing and combing and doing who knows what to it every day just so that a company can use you for advertising.

We get angry enough here if someone cuts too much off, and we know that precious few stylists actually have our hair as their best interest (i mean the length and proper treatment). I've seen stylists who proclaim themselves to be long hair friendly here instantly being asked 'where are you, I'll travel to see you', I'll bet that most of the 'fashion' stylists aren't half as caring and probably ripped brushes through her curls and probably caused her pain on a daily basis - you know the pain of getting your hair caught in a car door, or that one strand that gets caught somewhere. Imagine that every single day.

If she wanted to cut her hair off that badly, i can't blame her for doing it eventually, it's just such a shame that it appears that the treatment she suffered for the name of fashion appears to have ultimately ended her life.

The quote above says that the mortician found her hair to be in poor condition. If she was discovered at the age of 15 having obviously looked after her hair enough for it to become knee length, then it must have been heartbreaking 4 years later to discover that your carefully cared for locks have been used and abused by the modelling system.

I've never been a model (well, i have, but not in a fashion sense), but if there are any current/ex models here can they tell us honestly what the 'backstage' treatment is like please? I, for one, would be interested to find out. If you're discovered for something particular, like this girl was for her hair, then do they protect that asset? Or do they use it until it's gone? I've read a lot of things written by models and ex-models about the weight loss in the industry. I was at school with a girl who was 'discovered' - she was tall, slim and quite beautiful. But, after her first assignment, she stopped. She hated the fact that they scrutinised every part of her body, they gave her make-up that looked awful and backcombed all her curls to make her look 'punky'. After the first shoot, they started asking her to lose a bit of weight (seriously, she had no fat on her at all!), telling her that she was about a stone (16lb) overweight for what they needed. She gave up the career she could have had for fear that she would end up with an eating disorder.

candycandace
January 14th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Oh wow, she is lovely! It's hard to believe she has passed away. She was so young :/. How very sad :(.