PDA

View Full Version : Growing Without Triming Then Trimming

Dragon
December 9th, 2010, 02:35 AM
For use who have grown your hair with out trimming and then started trimming, Did the health of your hair change much like did it started to feel softer, less split ends, ect?

Lianna
December 9th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Before I came here, I have never heard of cutting the hair to avoid or get rid of damage. I just cut it for the style. I've been a while without trimming, and I get a neater look when I dust (2mm) often, that's the reason I do it. I supose that helps to keep it soft. No splits for me, sorry, never had them.

littlestarface
December 9th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I did that before I never trimmed for years and my hair was very thin and a V shape which thinned in the middle. After I started to trim last year barely I have noticed my hair is better now that I started to trim,more healthy and in better health overall.

patienceneeded
December 9th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I generally like trims, but I tend to get splits. I feel it makes my hair less "fly-away" and wispy. I tend to trim less often when it is long, but still like to get it cared for by a stylist.

christine1989
December 9th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I grew without trims for over a year before starting to trim just recently. My hair never got any splits or much damage without trims but the ends did thin slightly and of course I had dry ends. Although I was not in dire need of trimming I did anyway because I like the feel of freshly trimmed ends. All it did was make the ends feel a bit nicer but I don't think they are any healthier- just less dry.

GeeLove
December 9th, 2010, 06:34 PM
i'm glad you asked this question. i was wondering this as well. i got my hair flat ironed for the first time in over 7 years this week. i've been actively caring for my hair since july 09 and wanted to see what progress i've made. while my hair has gotten significantly longer, i have very dry ends and was wondering if i should cut them off now or keep them, grow, and do micro trims/dusting.