PDA

View Full Version : Wow! First hair compliment in probably 25 years

GlennaGirl
June 3rd, 2008, 08:45 PM
Okay...nobody ever compliments my hair. (Except on here! People here are encouraging, kind and I just generally lurve LHC. :D )

Anyway...my father-in-law was over the other day and he said to me, "You know, you should really wear your hair down more...you look beautiful!"

Well knock me over with a feather! God bless henna. :cheese:

GlennaGirl
June 3rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Oh, no...I'm sorry...this was meant for the Mane forum.

ktani
June 3rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
Never mind that.

Your hair looks gorgeous - and lighter.

The compliment was loooong overdue!

Riot Crrl
June 3rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Way overdue. It looks thick and shiny and awesome to me.

Poolsoflaughter
June 3rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
That's awesome! For the record, it does look great! :flower:

GlennaGirl
June 3rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks so very much, ladies.

Henna makes it thicker. Henna isn't for everybody but it's a godsend for me. I'm very happy.

I'm really glad now that I did all the honey-ings. That worked well for lightening. I can relax now and just re-henna as roots come in...whew. And just watch it grow. :)

coppercurls
June 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
You do have a beautiful head of hair & that compliment was long overdue!;)

spidermom
June 3rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
I'll bet people compliment your hair inside their heads where you can't hear them all the time.

Pegasus Marsters
June 3rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Well it was about time ^.^ I been trying to tell you for ages how gorgeous your hair is!

Saranne772
June 4th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Thats great :D Its lovely to get compliments from a nonlonghair or potential long hair :D

You hair really is gorgeous!

MadPirateBippy
June 4th, 2008, 02:55 AM
I get compliments on my hair a lot, but then I tend to state, loudly, that I'm easily swayed by flattery and vain about my hair.

:D I am utterly shameless.

FrannyG
June 4th, 2008, 04:43 AM
GlennaGirl, I am so happy that you got a real life compliment. Especially given the source, it must have felt really good. :)

Stagecoach
June 4th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Wow, how awsome and sweet of him!

frizzinator
June 4th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Your hair is gorgeous, beautiful color and shine, and the texture is so smooth.

Curlsgirl
June 4th, 2008, 06:46 AM
:cheese: Very well-deserved! Gorgeous shiny smooth hair!! Love the color too!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

SHELIAANN1969
June 4th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Cool! And when you said "God Bless Henna" for some odd reason I got a picture of our Northern Brothers and Sisters singing "O Canada" and was thinking we need to make up a Henna National Anthem!! :)

lora410
June 4th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Awww how sweet!!! A girl who works here always says I need to keep my hair down because it looks so pretty :lol:

Sana
June 4th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Wow congrats glennagirl!! I know compliments are always good....more so coming from in_laws:) Your hair does look beautiful & shiny!!

OT: Is that your son in the background?!!:) I really had squint my eyes hard to make sure what I was seeing!

Xandergrammy
June 4th, 2008, 07:36 AM
That's great!!! Your hair deserves such a lovely compliment!

P.S. I really like your avatar.

MemSahib
June 4th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Excellent, Glenna! I'm so glad he said that. Now just relax and keep growing your pretty hair.

walkinglady
June 4th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Well deserved compliment and way past due! Your hair is gorgeous!

GlennaGirl
June 4th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Okay, lemme get a few at a time! When I hit "reply" a bunch of responses come up but not all...let's see if I can do this correctly...you'd think that after all this time, I'd have figured this out! I'll probably end up just opening a second window and scrolling down.

((walkinglady)) Thank you! Gettin' that warm fuzzy feeling. :D

MemSahib, oh, I have long admired your hair. I appreciate the compliment and it means a lot.

Xandergrammy, thanks! I like the avatar too...it was on a free avatars site but I can't remember which one. But, what cool artwork, right?

Sana, ha ha, yes, that is my littlest guy, making a guest appearance! Or sort of a "Where is Waldo". I didn't even notice him in the picture! You've got sharp eyes. That is E, who will be two on Monday. Yes, he is, to my embarrassment, sucking on a bottle in the pic. (Well, he is my baby, after all...last one, sigh!) Can you see that he's twisting his hair? When he can't twist my hair--I'm surprised I have any left--he twists his own. He has a "thing" about hair. Maybe more so than I!

Sana
June 4th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Sana, ha ha, yes, that is my littlest guy, making a guest appearance! Or sort of a "Where is Waldo". I didn't even notice him in the picture! You've got sharp eyes. That is E, who will be two on Monday. Yes, he is, to my embarrassment, sucking on a bottle in the pic. (Well, he is my baby, after all...last one, sigh!) Can you see that he's twisting his hair? When he can't twist my hair--I'm surprised I have any left--he twists his own. He has a "thing" about hair. Maybe more so than I!

LOL..u probably have a long haired guy in the making:D And yeah I know how difficult it is to wean kids from their bottles:rolleyes: My DD is 15mnths old & she was just weaned off it. But the moment she sees a kid with a bottle, she runs & grabs it:eek:

GlennaGirl
June 4th, 2008, 09:05 AM
ktani: Yep, it really did lighten with the honey. I know honey doesn't work for 100% of the population, and it takes patience, but I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind taking some time and who is afraid of damage. I'm glad now that I tried it.

Thanks, ((Riot Curl))! I love that username, I smile every time I read it. The name draws a picture.

Thanks so much, ((poolsoflaughter))! Was the style in your avatar done at the Renaissance Faire? Our hair is about the same length and I'm getting ideas... :D

((coppercurls)) Thank you. Oh, those curls, sigh.

Spidermom, I have never thought of that. Thank you, dear.

Pegs...I'm so glad my wife loves my hair. :p Thank you!

Saranne, yep, exactly...and he just came out with it, no solicitation on my part...which is unusual, LOL.

GlennaGirl
June 4th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Hah sana, so glad to know there's another mommy of a bottle-lover out there! And the funniest thing is that I nursed him and he absolutely refused a bottle up until the end of that time. 15 months...that is SUCH a cute age...kiss that little dear for me.

MadPirateBippy, that made me laugh because that's me all over...."So do you like my hair?" This one was unsolicited so I was shocked!

Thanks, FrannyG. Good gosh, your hair looks like golden glass. That is some incredibly shiny, smooth princess hair you've got going on over there.

Thanks, stagecoach...are you sure you're only an ii? Your hair looks so thick in your siggy.

Thank you so much, frizzinator! Your username is making me laugh. Been there!!! (And return there rather frequently.)

Thank you so much, curlsgirl. As SpiderMom will attest...I always do envy the curlies!!!!!!!!!

SheilaAnn, LOL!!!! "Oh say can you see, through a head full of mud, what so proudly we dye...in the most nat'ral of ways..."

lora, oh, doesn't it feel just great??

Lixie
June 4th, 2008, 09:29 AM
That compliment was way overdue, your hair is beautiful! The colour is gorgeous and your hair looks so shiny in your signature pic. :D

jel
June 4th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Finally! :D A well deserved compliment, Glenna, and I'm sure the first of many. Your colour and shine are beautiful :flowers:

Arniky
June 4th, 2008, 09:45 AM
nice to get compliment , it looks nice

Islandgrrl
June 4th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Well deserved compliment! Your hair looks wonderful!

Blueglass
June 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Thats a nice henna indigo mix. Kind of purple. A nice cool tone, which is difficult with henna. Arriving at that must have been alot of work. I have been reajusting my color also. Sometimes its scary, if you don't get it right the first time. But it's all payed off for you. Congratulations.

jojo
June 4th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I bet you the only reason people don't compliment you is because their too busy doing this :agape: and are speechless, your hair beautiful

snowbear
June 4th, 2008, 08:20 PM
You deserved that compliment! Your hair is looking gorgeous! :cheer:

paper
June 5th, 2008, 07:18 AM
That is so sweet, thanks for sharing.

You do have lovely long hair and the color is very pretty.