PDA

View Full Version : What Sulphur rich foods do you eat frequently?

Dreamkitty
December 8th, 2010, 03:10 PM
:) Sulphur is found naturally in foods and some people might not realise they have a sulphur rich diet, we know that it helps to promote hair growth. I didn't realise untill I came on LHC that the foods my mum buys and cooks frequently have sulphur in them. This is when I decided, I don't need to take MSM or any pills containing sulphur, if anything I would be over dosing and just spending money.

Basically eggs, porridge, cabbage, cauliflower, legumes, carrots, onions, garlic, red peppers, soya milk and butter (my mum always has this as she is allergic to cows milk) tomatoes, lentil have been cooked in my house since I was a kid. Watercress is a new thing which myself and my family love the taste of.

The good thing about sulphur rich foods is that it is very tasty. I love egg & had cabbage today. Its weird how I looked through the list of the sulphur foods and I think all of them are yummy lol.

So I was just wondering, everyone here, what foods do you eat on a freqeuntly that has sulphur in it and also do you enjoy eating it?

WhisperingMoon
December 8th, 2010, 03:15 PM
how do you make your cabbage??? I would love to have more cabbage, but not really sure on any recipes!

mrs_coffee
December 8th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I eat at least 3-4 things from this list on a daily basis: Coffee, peanuts/PB, cheese, broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, garlic, onions, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, mustard greens, collard greens, kale, spinach, tomatoes, avocado, and sweet potatoes.

ericthegreat
December 8th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I've eaten everything that Dreamkitty listed off and many other vegetables. I've always known that a healthy diet promotes good body health overall, so I'm not surprised that it also allows for good hair growth as well.

Usually I'll have broccoli with some chicken, or I'll make my own version of fried rice with scrambled eggs, peas and carrots. I'll also add in a little bit of garlic to my cooking for better flavor.

princessp
December 8th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Interesting, so maybe this is what I can attribute my fast hair growth to.

Dreamkitty
December 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM
how do you make your cabbage??? I would love to have more cabbage, but not really sure on any recipes!

Quite simple really. My mum just puts some oil in the pan and just lets the chopped pieces of cabbage and let it cook, sometimes she adds shreds of carrots to it. She adds herbs & spices (e.g tumeric, chillies) with it too and we usually it with rice or bread. Today I had cabbage & chicken with rice.:D

Lianna
December 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I also have a healthy diet, nothing lacking. However some people experiment higher growth speed when taking supplements in higher doses then just the recommended. I don't like to take pills, I've tried just for my hair, but I couldn't do it. The only pill I take is my thyroid med, which I would die without. :p

ETA: I believe a lot of MSM is lost in the cooking process.

virgo75
December 8th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Eggs, eggs, and more eggs. :agree:

I don't really 'love' them, but my hair seems to grow it's best during the winter when I(coincidentally) eat eggs almost daily for breakfast. I can't really stomach them during warmer weather- I'm not much of a breakfast eater.

Broccoli is our veggie of choice more often than not, and I use onions in almost everything. lol

little_cherry
December 8th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Cabbage +brussel sprouts, garlic, onion, sunflower seeds, oats, walnuts, almonds cashews, legumes, corn, broccoli, mustard, asparagus, coconut, sweet potatoes, bananas, tomatoes.

For MSM I eat: corn, alfalfa, tomatoes.

Apparently chocolate is high in sulfur.. ;)

Laurenness
December 8th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I've been eating eggs a lot as of late, plus I'm pretty good about eating greens. I also frequently eat garlic, onions, tomatoes, and red peppers.

einna
December 8th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I eat a lot of eggs, carrots, red peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, onions, coffe, cheese and some butter. I try to keep my diet healty and eat many different things. Trying to eat more avocado and seeds.
I also eat chocolate a little to often, but the 70% coca is not too bad.

Olyve
December 8th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Eggs- every morning
Onions, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, & cheese are a staple in my families foods as we eat many traditional Italian meals.
Asparagus - is my absolute fav veggie.

joiekimochi
December 8th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I love eggs. I can eat nothing but eggs all day. I just had egg for breakfast! I chopped up a hard-boiled egg, mixed it with black pepper and a teaspoon of mayonnaise and spread it on a slice of wholegrain bread. Yummy!

luxepiggy
December 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Haha - I love butter. I put butter on everything. Butter pig (^(oo)^)

ericthegreat
December 8th, 2010, 07:18 PM

You can still keep that figure you have and eat butter?

I hate you. ;)

joiekimochi
December 8th, 2010, 07:26 PM

I hate you. ;)

I totally agree with you, ericthegreat.

luxepiggy
December 8th, 2010, 07:55 PM

I hate you. ;)

I totally agree with you, ericthegreat.

It's all about portion control!

Tiny, buttery portions instead of big bland ones (^(oo)^)v

CurlyTresses
December 8th, 2010, 08:35 PM
:) Sulphur is found naturally in foods and some people might not realise they have a sulphur rich diet, we know that it helps to promote hair growth. I didn't realise untill I came on LHC that the foods my mum buys and cooks frequently have sulphur in them. This is when I decided, I don't need to take MSM or any pills containing sulphur, if anything I would be over dosing and just spending money.

Basically eggs, porridge, cabbage, cauliflower, legumes, carrots, onions, garlic, red peppers, soya milk and butter (my mum always has this as she is allergic to cows milk) tomatoes, lentil have been cooked in my house since I was a kid. Watercress is a new thing which myself and my family love the taste of.

Thanks for posting this. I do eat :yumm: if not all, most of the foods you've mentioned but it's good to know which ones are sulphur rich. :) :)

bunzfan
December 9th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I try to eggs regularly as i know they are good for growth ...and yogurt.

pepperminttea
December 9th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I eat cabbage, onions, garlic, red peppers, and tomatoes quite often. :)

WhisperingMoon: Steam it for 5-10 minutes, depending on the variety. That way it still has some crunch to it. Whatever you do, don't boil it.