PDA

View Full Version : Ladies who sleep in a weirdo-top-o-the-head bun at night...

missmegnetic
December 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Is there ANY way to avoid nape-hair breakage?
I use a silk pillow
I feel like tight sleep caps will give me an aneurysm
Caps/wraps NEVER stay on past my first snore

Are their any other options??

eek!
xxooo

thatjengirl1
December 7th, 2010, 11:55 PM
ive noticed that putting coconut oil on those hairs at the nape of my neck seem to help them grow and not break as much..theyve finally started growing out.

And my pony tail at night is a cloth scrunchie, an old school 80's cloth scrunchie but i think those work bestt because you can make them tighter and they arent going to damage it as much as an elastic or whatever.

missmegnetic
December 8th, 2010, 12:04 AM
thatjengirl1:

thank you darling!! This is so true... I was getting the last out of a gymnastics scrunchi from gymnastics when I was like... 12... and finally had to search high and low for a new one. My skin in sensitive to oils, so I worry that I'll roll around my pillow and break out like FreddyKruger... but a natural oil sounds like a good option!

julliams
December 8th, 2010, 12:16 AM
That's how I wear my hair in the daytime. Does this mean I'm a weirdo???

missmegnetic
December 8th, 2010, 12:30 AM
julliams:

hahaha no! and i do too, its just at night i get fussy so i put it right next to my forehead... sort of the antithesis of a low bun... i should show you a picture. My boyfriend coined the "weirdo-bun" phrase, so it stuck.

Arya
December 8th, 2010, 01:39 AM
What about a wide stretchy fabric headband that's not migraine-inducingly tight?

musicallberrii
December 8th, 2010, 01:51 AM
I used to do this hairstyle for bed but recently stopped because of the nape breakage and tangles (I roll around a lot). When I used to do it, I got a lot less breakage when I would tie the bun loose.. of course, hair is more likely to fall out that way. Have you tried sleeping with braids? I sleep on my back a lot but two braids down the side work well for me, and no breakage. Good luck, I hope you find a solution!!

julliams
December 8th, 2010, 04:33 AM
julliams:

hahaha no! and i do too, its just at night i get fussy so i put it right next to my forehead... sort of the antithesis of a low bun... i should show you a picture. My boyfriend coined the "weirdo-bun" phrase, so it stuck.

It's ok, I was only having a laugh. I think sometimes I look a little funny. The other day I went to the gym and someone said "nice bun" I had to ask again what she said because I actually thought she said "nice bum" LOL!

Flossy
December 8th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Oooh, I'm going to have to try the coconut oil thing. The weirdo bun is my favourite sleep 'do! I haven't noticed any nape breakage, but I haven't been looking either...

SimplyViki
December 8th, 2010, 11:48 AM
I don't sleep in a bun, I braid for bed, but I am going to have to try the coconut oil for nape hairs. I've been getting lots of tangles and breakage there, probably something I'm doing during the daytime. :shrug: