PDA

View Full Version : Natural Recipes for Deep Conditioning

jesis
December 7th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I found this article and thought I would pass it along! It's all about natural recipes for deep conditioning.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/kinky-hair-type-4/deep-conditioners-good-enough-to-eat

bluesnowflake
December 7th, 2010, 03:27 PM
they look like good recipes! I've been meaning to try avocado- now that I have a recipe, i think I will! I wonder if I could warm it- I don't want the honey lightening effects.

jesis
December 7th, 2010, 03:28 PM
they look like good recipes! I've been meaning to try avocado- now that I have a recipe, i think I will! I wonder if I could warm it- I don't want the honey lightening effects.

I use honey weekly and it has never lightened my hair.

allmixedup88
December 7th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I love banana & EVOO!! It's amazing!My hair feels like silk afterwards :-)

curlylocks85
December 7th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Thank you for sharing this article. I will have to give some of these a try.

erika_d
December 7th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Oooooooooooo-great recipes-thanks!

Annalouise
December 7th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Interesting recipes.:) I'd like to know how they turn out. Another one I've heard is mayonaise on the hair.

Dragon
December 8th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Thanks for sharing. Great recipes.

Naughtalee
December 11th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Deff trying the banana and EVOO. Does anyone know if it has to be a sweet banana, I have green plantains here?

C. sinensis
December 12th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Deff trying the banana and EVOO. Does anyone know if it has to be a sweet banana, I have green plantains here?

IIRC, plantains have higher levels of tannins (or something), that might affect your hair. Plus, they're not as squishy.

But hey, try it and see what happens!

Naughtalee
December 18th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Thank you C. sinensis, its a spanish house so were are always making fried plantains, they are delicious!!!!! Just like french fries (yum)