PDA

View Full Version : Greasy spots!

Locksmith
December 7th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Does anyone else get this? There's this one patch at the crown of my head which is always greasy and piecy, even when I've washed my hair only hours ago. My hair is fairly fine and seems to be thinning up there (possibly due to pulling from buns), so I'm prone to scalp cleavage anyway, but it's just weird how piecy it always is on that spot. I can't seem to do a bun anymore without this patch of hair looking thin and stringy with scalp show-through! :confused:

lajsa
December 7th, 2010, 08:26 AM
When my hair isn't rinsed properly (I do CO washes) I often get a grease spot at the crown, since if I pull all my hair back when rinsing it kind of covers up that spot. Even if your hair seems 'thinner' there, have you tried washing while keeping the hair parted?

Locksmith
December 7th, 2010, 08:33 AM
When my hair isn't rinsed properly (I do CO washes) I often get a grease spot at the crown, since if I pull all my hair back when rinsing it kind of covers up that spot. Even if your hair seems 'thinner' there, have you tried washing while keeping the hair parted?

Yeah, that spot gets extra attention when I wash, because of how greasy it gets. Doesn't seem to make much difference - if I don't wash it more it's greasy by the time my hair dries, but if I do I'm probably stimulating it to produce EVEN MORE oil... :rolleyes: