PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, How do you decide?

PrincessTieflin
December 6th, 2010, 03:37 PM
To wear your hair in the morning.. what toys, what styles and whatnot.. I am asking because lately as it gets windy and cold I have been wearing beanie and knit hats a lot.

I guess I need some styles that would go with the hats seeing how sticks and forks dont work well with these hats..

Suggestions?

Stephichan
December 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I would braid my hair and carry pins/sticks/forks with me. Then, when I get to my destination, I'd take off the hat and tack the braid up somehow, whether in a bun or some other style (there are some really great ones in the articles area).

Madora
December 6th, 2010, 04:41 PM
For me it's always a braid..maybe several, depending on what braiding style I want to do. I'm not much on hair toys as 3 inch hairpins work best on my hair.

enfys
December 6th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I generally decide based on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing. I have a handful of styles that I know won't let me down usually.

In hat weather I absolutely go with a braid and if I have to take the hat off, I take a brush and hairstick with me. I have a spare rigid toothbrush holder for this.

mireillemt
December 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM
A low ponytail work well for me with most hats and such. However, my hair is too short to do any buns or braids so that's basically my only option!

LornaDoone
December 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I usually wear a calorimetry instead of a hat. That way my ears stay warm and I can put my hair up any way I want. :)

If I do wear a hat, I put my hair in a low braid. Once I get to where I'm going, I put the braid into a bun.

frizzinator
December 6th, 2010, 09:01 PM
On Etsy, I think you can find Beanie and knit hats which are made big enough to cover a bun.

I have some very short sticks (using one, not two together) and forks to use under these hats so that they don't snag the knit. The bent double pointed knitting needles are a good choice under these hats, as are pins such as Amish or Bunheads.

The calorimetry works with almost any updo.

Sundial
December 6th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I generally decide based on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing. I have a handful of styles that I know won't let me down usually.

In hat weather I absolutely go with a braid and if I have to take the hat off, I take a brush and hairstick with me. I have a spare rigid toothbrush holder for this.

enfys that's a brilliant idea!! I'm totally stealing it! I just bent a topper yesterday and I'm still terribly upset about it. Wish I had seen this post before or thought of something similar :(

spoonshine
December 7th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Head scarves, cowls and the like, that don't cover the back of my head too tightly is what works well for me. The braiding and taking a stick with you is an excellent idea.

ddiana1979
December 7th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I check the Weather Channel to see if it's going to be windy, raining, or a really high humidity index. If the answer is yes to any of the above questions, I wear my hair up. . . usually in a bun or French Twist. I use Goody Spin Pins, so my hair can be easily tucked under a hood or hat. Scarves work well too, as they don't mess up the hairstyle as much. If the answers to all of the weather questions are no, I usually wear it down (my hair isn't long enough yet that it needs to be kept up for protection at all times).

As far as hair toys are concerned, I chose my outfit & jewelry, then pick a hair toy that looks good with them. If I have to wear a hood or hat, I put the sticks or fork in when I get to my destination.