PDA

View Full Version : dove shampoo reviews?

feb26
December 6th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I have fine hair, BSL length. I've been using Dove Go Fresh Shampoo (nectarine and mango scent). I loove how it smells but have noticed after shampooing, my hair seems very tangled from the product use, as well during the shampoo process I'm losing half-a-fist approx of hair (including rinse-out). Is this normal? any idea what's causing it? Am thinking of switching to Sulfate-free or AG, Biolage shampoos, any brand recommendations would be great!!

aenflex
December 6th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Some of those have been touched on in the Reviews section. I used the conditioner in the dark blue bottle a couple years ago when it came out, but stopped for some reason. I did like it tho!

Night_Kitten
December 6th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Several years ago I tried Dove, but didn't like it too much (can't remember why though), so I switched to Pantene, which was better (but it's full of cones and has SLS), and after I found LHC I switched to a no-cone no-SLS product, which prooved the best so far.
I noticed less shedding during the wash after I switched to the non-SLS product, so I'd say it's worth a try :)

Dragon
December 7th, 2010, 12:57 AM
I used dove over 5 years ago. I used the one for dry and damage hair. My hair was damaged back then and APL and it made it soft and easy to manage. I have tried it not long ago, the one in the blue bottle and its good to use some times but if used to often, it makes my hair dry.

Katze
December 7th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Don't most of the Dove products have 'cones? The ones here in Europe do.

I was a big fan of the dark blue bottle s and c. After seeing that Amoretti used them, and having her as a hair role model, I figured, why not? But, as usually happens, they changed their products and got rid of this one. I've now got the white bottle 'smooth as silk' (I am translating the German name for this) and like it, though not as much as the old stuff.

If you have fine hair, 'cones may be good for you, they may not. My hair needs them to hang decently but it still gets stringy. But I suspect the problem you mention may have to do with something else.

Are your ends dry or damaged? Mine get like you describe very often; leave-in and regular trims help. Have you clarified to get rid of any possible 'cone buildup? Again, in my experience, this is necessary with my mostly-baby-fine hair.

hope you find what works!

kristymarie87
December 7th, 2010, 01:12 AM
I find the pro age one the best! It smells great and leaves my hair soft and silky :) I dunno if it has cones but my hair likes them anyway.

feb26
December 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I checked and there's no cones-but SLS was 1st on the ingredient list after water...now I have used Herbal Essences which has cones & my hair loved it..so i think it's time to switch back to something with cones. thanks for all the help, you gals rock!! :cool:

shikara
December 13th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Funny thing, I found a brand of shampoo and conditioner at a local health store that I had used as a teenager/young adult, that worked wonders at the time! With great anticipation, I used them for my next wash but my hair got so fly away and tangled! I just happened to try Dove after that freakish episode and my combs and brush just glide through my hair and it feels like satin. At least for now, Dove is making my hair very manageable, and as such seems to add protection as well.