PDA

View Full Version : What don't you do enough of for your hair??

jenjen10
December 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I know that I should deep condition at least weekly (if not more for my dry hair) but I have to admit I get kinda lazy about doing it. I do henna every 4 to 6 weeks and condition with heat then but have failed to do it much more often than that recently.

So, (as I sit here with my hair mucked up with SMT and a heat cap on), I am resolving to start deep conditioning AT LEAST once per week. Hopefully every time I wash my hair (which is twice per week) if I get really motivated. :)

luxepiggy
December 6th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Protective updos - I just love wearing my hair down even in windy San Francisco (^(oo)^)

Angeletti
December 6th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Trims for me, it's been over three years.. eek. Can't wait to hit goal so I can start maintaining.

christine1989
December 6th, 2010, 08:39 PM
I second protective updos. I used to do them all the time but now my hair has outgrown my claw clips :(. Now I wear it down more or put it up but leave the ends sticking out to get blown around and damaged.

jezebel17
December 6th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Im lazy at rinsing out hair gel after I use it. My hair starts feeling brittle after a few days of it being in my hair. Im trying to cut gel out of my curly routine.

Copasetic
December 6th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I never deep condition. I never oil. I never trim or even S and D. I'm a terrible LHC member :P

HintOfMint
December 6th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I've been very lax about wearing it up. I've even been wearing it loose to sleep.:rolleyes: Yes, I am paying for it in split ends. I've been S&D-ing but it's getting to be a losing battle. I should also get around to replacing my coconut oil or buying that jar of shea butter. My hair just hasn't been doing well without coconut oil.

mireillemt
December 6th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Styling. My hair is still short and really needs a little more attention to make it look "okay". Too many times I go to bed with it wet and wake up with it sticking up, shrug and leave the house anyway.

GrowingGlory
December 6th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Protective updos. Just don't like 'em.

Roseate
December 6th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Deep conditioning and cassia treatments. My hair really benefits from those, but I haven't done either in months. Cassia really isn't feasible in my current living situation, but DC I should definitely get back to.

I currently don't have a shower in my apartment, so any rinsing has to be done at the gym. As you can imagine, this lowers my motivation to put stuff on my head!

trolleypup
December 6th, 2010, 11:30 PM
S&D.

So much nicer and easier when I keep up.

And...letting the washing slip because it is always up and I am busy.

bubblyredhead
December 6th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Wearing my hair up in protective dos, not heat styling as much

leslissocool
December 7th, 2010, 12:13 AM
trimming... I really need a trim...

freckles
December 7th, 2010, 04:30 AM
I don't S&D enough. But then, I have so many splits, I don't think I have the time to S&D 'enough'! :lol:

rena
December 7th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Skipping out on oiling :roll:

spidermom
December 7th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Styling. I usually throw my hair up into something that is quick and easy and sags and twists and must be taken out later. Then I throw my hair up again. Repeat...ad nauseum.

luxepiggy
December 7th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I've been very lax about wearing it up. I've even been wearing it loose to sleep.:rolleyes: Yes, I am paying for it in split ends. I've been S&D-ing but it's getting to be a losing battle. I should also get around to replacing my coconut oil or buying that jar of shea butter. My hair just hasn't been doing well without coconut oil.

I always wear it loose to sleep . . . except for those times when I go clubbing in an updo, come home and accidentally fall asleep before I have a chance to get ready for bed . . .

:couch:

Carrie Ingalls
December 7th, 2010, 08:21 AM
S&D.

So much nicer and easier when I keep up.

And...letting the washing slip because it is always up and I am busy.

I would just like to second that (on both accounts). But I must say I don't really know what it is like when I keep up, because I never have. Also, I should get some better/real hair cutting scissors.

I also don't wear any kind of sleep cap (well, I guess I sometimes wear a Buff) or use a silk/satin pillow.

skaempfer
December 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Honestly?
Leave it alone! I have come to the conclusion that one of the things that really makes my hair thrive is benign neglect. But I just can't leave it alone sometimes. There comes a point when I've put enough oil/conditioner/whatever on my hair within a given time frame, and the best I could do would be to leave it alone.

I'm one of those people who kills all their innocent houseplants by overwatering...
:sad

liagibba
December 7th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I don't put it up in protective 'dos enough. I know how to do exactly 2 buns, and only 1 I actually enjoy doing. But I just LOVE having my hair down and flowing... I need to get over it :) Also, it's not quite long enough to do the *really* cool updos...

trolleypup
December 8th, 2010, 12:31 AM
I would just like to second that (on both accounts). But I must say I don't really know what it is like when I keep up, because I never have. Also, I should get some better/real hair cutting scissors.

I also don't wear any kind of sleep cap (well, I guess I sometimes wear a Buff) or use a silk/satin pillow.
For a while I was keeping up with S&D because my job had chunks of dead time with good light. Now? Not so much.

Nice hair cutting scissors for S&D are a real joy! I love my little japanese style scissors.

Cailie
December 8th, 2010, 12:35 AM
I don't leave it alone enough ! :D

Shicurls
December 8th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I'm one of those people who kills all their innocent houseplants by overwatering...

I'm one of those too! :p Thankfully, dogs can't die from too much love and attention! :D

Shicurls
December 8th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Oh, and I definitely do too much stuff to my hair! I'm forever switching my routine. Oh well, at least I'm having a blast while growing my hair!

enfys
December 8th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Since moving house, I've really struggled to do cassia. Out bathroom still isn't fully tiled, including the wooden floor. I can't afford to let it get wet, so little more than the bare minimum can be done. This saga is absolutely ongoing too. Argh.

I've been trying to make up for it by leaving storebought deep conditioners on for a while longer than usual but it's not as good.

I also went a long time without s&d and my layers really copped it. I was trying to let them fairytale and blend in with my length, but it almost backfired on me!

Monsterkitti
December 8th, 2010, 08:35 AM
I never remember to S&D and if I manage to I'm so impatient it never gets done properly! :)

Amraann
December 8th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I don't S&D or deep condition enough.