PDA

View Full Version : Dare to compare?

rena
December 6th, 2010, 09:34 AM
For all who have successfully grown their hair to be long or even longish--I'd say, BSL+? (and I honestly commend you, as well as feel inspired by you!)

How did your hair start to behave when it got longer? Did it slowly lose its waves/curls to increasing weight? Did you surprisingly gain waves/curls out of nowhere? Or did you just get more of the same thing :p

All answers are welcome, the above are just possible options to consider I guess.

So what happened to your hair? ;)

~BoHemiAngel~
December 6th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Hi rena!

I have a similar hair type to you (2b/2c) so perhaps I could comment here. I have been growing my hair out for at least a year now, and it seems to be stubbornly stuck at BSL. When I measure each month, though, I seem to be gaining a little length, so I guess my hair is getting curlier as it gets longer! Because it doesn't LOOK any longer, but it is! (My hair is straightened in my avatar pic, btw. And that pic is old :/ )

Happy growing!

spidermom
December 6th, 2010, 10:34 AM
When I had hair shorter than APL, it was extremely bushy and had cowlicks. I couldn't leave the house without taming it with a curling iron or flat-iron. As I passed APL, some of those cowlicks became spiral curls, which I still have after air drying, before combing my hair. The weight of long hair has tamed some of the bushiness, although it's still pretty bushy, which my sig pic proves.

aenflex
December 6th, 2010, 10:37 AM
My hair tends to thin a bit as it gets longer. I keep a blunt hemline to mitigate this.
I did wear it BSL off and on for a few years, but back then I was encouraging my curls rather than trying to quell them. So for me I found that my curls actually did behave quite well when my hair waslonger, the added weight helped, and I didn't notice too much curl-relaxing. My curls were more frizzy and unruly with shorter hair for sure.

Madora
December 6th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I didn't notice any difference. My hair always had a slight wave and growing it past my waist hasn't affected that wave.

About the only thing I did notice is that over the years my hair developed more braid waves due to constant braiding.

Night_Kitten
December 6th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I just got more of the same only longer, which is also great, except for more taper, which is less great ;)

Eire
December 6th, 2010, 02:14 PM
My hair was always really poofy when it was shorter. The weight of growing it long really helped that problem -- pulled the poof down into waves.

Kristin
December 6th, 2010, 02:41 PM
My hair waves a lot from chin to APL. APL to BSL it starts to lose the wave except at the ends. Now, at waist, it goes straight even if I use curlers overnight. :(

BellCat
December 6th, 2010, 02:41 PM
well my hair is just about at waist and i've noticed its getting straighter. Before I took growing my hair seriously it would sometimes be randomly be really wavy after i wash it then other times not. But since its been growing healthily without heat and regular oiling and is able to grow its been losing its waves

christine1989
December 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM
My hair used to be very wavy (even curly at times) and as it got longer it straightened out quite a bit. I can still get waves if I damp bun it but letting it dry naturally now results in straight hair. Unfortunatly it still has a good amount of frizz :(.

jojo
December 6th, 2010, 03:30 PM
My hair the exact same type as yours, my hair hasn't changed in its wave pattern, in fact in places its gotten wavier. My thickness is the same, maybe a little thinner towards the ends but nothing bad.

rena
December 6th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks BoHemiAngel :)

rena
December 6th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I couldn't leave the house without taming it with a curling iron or flat-iron.

Ha! I know how that is *sigh*

Elenna
December 6th, 2010, 08:21 PM
At a shorter lenght, my hair needs a lot of fixing to look presentable. It is very wavy & frizzy at shorter lengths. At a longer length, it looks much better and is much easier to look handle. My hair looks similar to Jojos.

mellie89
December 6th, 2010, 09:34 PM
My hair starts to have more body and wave once it gets to about BSL. It's never been much longer than that, so I'm not sure what it'll do when it gets longer.

CrowningGlory
December 7th, 2010, 01:34 AM
More waves. The longer my hair gets, the more waves I get. At shoulder length my hair is straight. I like the longer waves.

Locksmith
December 7th, 2010, 06:02 AM
I've found mine start edging more towards the 1b end of 1a... but it's hard to say whether that's just because I wear it in a bun or braid 90% of the time. Something I've had in the last few months is that the very ends are horribly tangly and rough-feeling, despite lots of oiling. Clarifying hasn't helped, and there aren't lots of splits, so I'm starting to suspect that the hair shafts have just got rough and damaged from my pre-LHC ways, and need trimming. :(

PrincessBob
December 7th, 2010, 08:47 AM
It got more of a wave (I kind of suspect that is from my constant braiding, though it could be from various growing patterns that were less noticeable when it was shorter...).