PDA

View Full Version : How does your significant other prefer you wear your hair?

jesis
December 6th, 2010, 10:28 AM
My boyfriend prefers I wear mine straight and down. Even though I love my gorgeous curls, I give in for special occasions. :D

auburn
December 6th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I usually wear it up, and he likes it loose.Doesn;t get it why I wear it up.

He likes to wach me do "hair rituals", especially applying "lush marilyn" (a mask, wich I use as a leave-in) while combing my hair with my fingers.

adiapalic
December 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I think he really loves it when I have it down and loose--of course! :p But he also compliments me when I have a pretty new updo. :)

jesis
December 6th, 2010, 11:03 AM
I think he really loves it when I have it down and loose--of course! :p But he also compliments me when I have a pretty new updo. :)

Aw how sweet of him. :)

jenjen10
December 6th, 2010, 11:06 AM
My SO definitely likes it down... especially if I use my triple barrel curling iron on it to give it some defined, shiny waves... I do indulge him in that every other week or so... I figure the damage to the hair is worth the outcome in this instance! :eyebrows:

milagro
December 6th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Down and in messy updos. Doesn't like sleek and tight dos.

luxepiggy
December 6th, 2010, 11:32 AM
The last guy I dated like a high ponytail, the one before him liked it down, the two before that both preferred it up with hairsticks. For some reason they all disliked braids :shrug:

jesis
December 6th, 2010, 11:33 AM
The last guy I dated like a high ponytail, the one before him liked it down, the two before that both preferred it up with hairsticks. For some reason they all disliked braids :shrug:

Yeah, I don't understand why men don't like braids? Lol my boyfriend gets so confused when I braid my hair. :D

Torrin Paige
December 6th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Mine is odd. I like it down and he likes it up. Something about getting to see my neck. As my neck is like a giraffe's, I don't understand this, but I wear it up so it's out of the way, so he's happy. :) He also really appreciates my braids...especially the more intricate, fancy ones.

feb26
December 6th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Down and loose..though he loves playing with it when it's in a ponytail, too.

Annalouise
December 6th, 2010, 11:44 AM
My husband hates it when I braid my hair! Hates it!..lol

He likes it down, or in a ponytail when you only pull half the hair through the elastic so you get a loop of hair.

kmoc123
December 6th, 2010, 11:44 AM
He said something one time about making it curly...well, it is to the middle of my rear, rolling all this up would be a nightmare...I wear it down most of the time. I like his in a ponytail...

LunarAurora
December 6th, 2010, 12:50 PM
When I started to wear buns, he didn't like it but now he thinks it is cute. I think it is because it has become a habit to him.
But I don't know if he would prefer buns or loose hair, I should ask him.

Tia2010
December 6th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Actually my dh likes my hair in a short pixie-ish style. Right before I decided to grow to tailbone I was going to get it all cut off like the singer "Pink" wears hers.

When it's long the only thing dh doesn't really like is a center part with my hair just hanging . He calls it the "hatchet look" :rolleyes:

Angeletti
December 6th, 2010, 12:54 PM
My hair is naturally straight and he likes it that way and all down, I usually prefer braid waves because it makes my hair look thicker but I do like to wear it straight every other week.

Aveyronnaise
December 6th, 2010, 12:56 PM
My Dh hates it that i am growing my hair out :shrug: he just better get over it . He prefers it in a super short cut.

PrincessBob
December 6th, 2010, 01:03 PM
My spouse likes my hair in my old go-to style: Native American Pride braids. Four-strand braided pigtails. He likes to be able to see may neck and shoulders and it keeps him from pulling it too often, which he really appreciates.
I like his in a single braid (three to five strands) down the back, but on special occasions, when he lets it down, he looks like a lion, and I adore him that way as well.

Maddy25
December 6th, 2010, 01:13 PM
DH will not tell me how he likes it, he insists he loves it every way and will not favour one over the other. However I do get compliments when I wear a deepside parting or it up in a cute high ponytail. He also used to love low pigtails.

hanne jensen
December 6th, 2010, 01:18 PM
My DH likes my hair down. I wear it up 22 hours a day to protect it. I take it down in the morning right after I get up so he can see it down. He also loves to see me detangle and comb my hair.

Eireann
December 6th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Whether he prefers it up or down depends on the occasion, but he hates it when I have it "done", either straightened or curled. He prefers my natural look, which is a whole lot easier for me!

If I ever had it cut short, he would probably divorce me. (Not really, but he would definitely be sad!)

milagro
December 6th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Actually my dh likes my hair in a short pixie-ish style. center part with my hair just hanging . He calls it the "hatchet look" :rolleyes:
This one just cracked me out :D

ddiana1979
December 6th, 2010, 01:36 PM
My fiancÚ claims he doesn't have a preference for updos or down. . . I find this hard to believe. He does like certain hair toys better than others though. He *really* likes my Mairzydozy Garnet Blossom hairfork (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/37477319).

He does however, have a *strong* preference for dark hair. My hair is naturally dark brown anyway, but I henndigo to make it even darker because he likes it (and I don't mind at all, because it makes my hair stronger & healthier). I think if I ever dyed it blonde (which I never would, because it wouldn't look good with my extremely pale skin tone), he'd choke on his tongue or have a heart attack.

Anje
December 6th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Mine much prefers it loose, and maybe a little wild and uncombed. But I make him suffer with braids and updos most of the time.

Bwaa-haa-haa!!!

cmnt831
December 6th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I've asked my dh if he has a preference and he always says no, but lately he's mentioned that he hopes I don't decide to cut it. I asked if it mattered that I wear it up all the time and he said no, since he knows it's long once I let it down. Plus, he thinks most of the updos I've worn are pretty and says so. :)

So, we have a deal: I don't cut my hair and he doesn't shave his beard off. :D

CherrySilver
December 6th, 2010, 02:31 PM
DH and I are waging a battle: he loves my hair down and loose all the time (in the house, out in public, in bed, etc.). He absolutely hates it when I wear it up in a bun, which I do on a regular basis. When your hair gets to my length (mid-thigh) you really have to protect it from getting tangled and the resulting broken hairs.

My hair is in a bun now. Maybe if I'm nice I'll take it down when he gets home from work. Then again, maybe not....

Fairlight63
December 6th, 2010, 02:42 PM
My DH would probably do the happy dance :cheese: if I cut it short in a chin length bob.

He doesn't say anything about my hair, he has given up on me cutting it, I hope anyway.

The only compliments that I get on my hair is from other people. Yesterday, when we was going out of church the preacher said that he really liked the braid over one shoulder, he said that it looked really nice.

girlcat36
December 6th, 2010, 02:48 PM
My DH doesn't realize that I actually have hair.

Carolyn
December 6th, 2010, 03:19 PM
My DH doesn't realize that I actually have hair.:D Same here. We have never once discussed my hair in over 30 years. I have no idea if he has a preferred style or length but I'm not interested enough to ask. My hair is for ME ME ME :gabigrin:

bumblebums
December 6th, 2010, 03:24 PM
He is wise enough not to volunteer the information, and I don't care enough to ask him what his preferences are. My hair is for me, just like <b>Carolyn</b> said.

GoddesJourney
December 6th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Pretty much everyone I've ever known has prefered my hair down to up, although many like the simple braided look as well.

Sunny_side_up
December 6th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Its the stuff that gets in his nose when its down and i cuddle pounce. Mostly its up in a double pony for work, but while im home been wearing it down more:)

Aleria
December 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM
He likes it naturally wavy but somehow pulled back from my face... or else I hear about how he feels like he's talking to a bundle of hair XD.

princessp
December 6th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I really don't have any idea. I have always got the sense my DH didn't care either way if my hair was long, short, up, down or whatever. All my other boyfriends used to swoon at my hair (aha! That's what she meant by man trap! :) ). Anyway, the other day my DH said I should try to grow my hair to knee so I guess he likes it long (or he's jumping on board with my obsession because he knows it's hopeless to resist! ) So I still don't know if he likes it up or down, but at least I'm getting some indication he likes it long.

jesis
December 6th, 2010, 04:33 PM
My DH doesn't realize that I actually have hair.

Hahaha! Some men are like that. :rolleyes: We gotta love 'em though!

invisiblebabe
December 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM
He likes it down best, and he wouldn't want it any shorter than shoulder length (it's BSL now and usually is somewhere between BSL and mid-back).

IcarusBride
December 6th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I don't have a SO, but my creepy landlord who always hangs around told me I should wear it down because he 'likes long hair'. Of course, now I wear my hair up even more than ever, if that's possible ! Haha

BellCat
December 6th, 2010, 04:55 PM
my boyfriend thought i looked like a george washington type when i braided my hair once LMFAO i couldnt stop laughing

MimiKeki
December 6th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Down with my natural waves.

RachieBaby
December 6th, 2010, 05:09 PM
My boyfriend likes it down! So whenever he's around i'll wear it down for a while for him (like on the way to his i'll wear it up so it doesn't tangle but when I get there i'll take it down) :) He also really likes the idea i'd like to grow it to hip :)

sibiryachka
December 6th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Half-up, which just happens to be how I was wearing it the first time we met. But as long as I keep it long and red, however I wear it is okay.

littlestarface
December 6th, 2010, 05:26 PM
i dont know he never tells me anything but I think he likes it down once sometimes cause he always pets my hair but sometimes I think he likes it out of his way cause at times he pulls it and tries to get it out of his way.

Magdalene
December 6th, 2010, 05:33 PM
He mainly dislikes hairsticks as they tend to poke him in the eye.

adiapalic
December 6th, 2010, 06:28 PM
My fiancÚ claims he doesn't have a preference for updos or down. . . I find this hard to believe. He does like certain hair toys better than others though. He *really* likes my Mairzydozy Garnet Blossom hairfork (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/37477319).

He does however, have a *strong* preference for dark hair. My hair is naturally dark brown anyway, but I henndigo to make it even darker because he likes it (and I don't mind at all, because it makes my hair stronger & healthier). I think if I ever dyed it blonde (which I never would, because it wouldn't look good with my extremely pale skin tone), he'd choke on his tongue or have a heart attack.

That is a beautiful hair fork!... let's just see if it's too late to add something to my Christmas wishlist, lol...

mireillemt
December 6th, 2010, 06:56 PM
He likes it when I scrunch it to make it curly, I think. It's still rather short and doesn't get put up often but, I wouldn't imagine he'd like it up as it would inhibit fingers running through it.

enfys
December 6th, 2010, 07:09 PM
My DH likes my hair loose or braided. I think it's because my sticks and forks have caught him in the face too many times...

Coan-Teen
December 6th, 2010, 07:35 PM
My husband likes my hair short, like mid-neck length, so I suppose by default he prefers it down.

hypersensitive
December 6th, 2010, 07:35 PM
He prefers I wear it down when we go to sleep.

karenpetal
December 6th, 2010, 07:45 PM
my SO prefers it up - she usually helps me braid it - she likes it in a sleek ponytail the most - probably that how she saw me first

PrincessBob
December 7th, 2010, 12:59 PM
So, we have a deal: I don't cut my hair and he doesn't shave his beard off. :D

We have a similar deal , my spouse and I. I never dye my hair strawberry blonde (which would be very traumatic for him-- three of his exes did this shortly before they broke up with and or cheated on him) and he never shaves his beard off ('I've only seen pictures of him pre-beard as an adolescent--he's had a beard since he was 15 or so...and he looks a little too goofy for my taste in those pictures. He's got a very long chin which looks great behind a beard :D). He can trim and sculpt his beard all he wants, just as long as there is one.

Before we were dating, like way, way before, he had this awesome long hair that I loved... one day he walked into the hall where we all hung out at the college and I looked up: :bigeyes: :shocked::wail: I screamed before I could stop myself: He had cut it to the top of his shoulders and donated it to a children's cancer charity-- not L.o.L-- as I recall. He was like :confused: "Man, I never new anyone was that attached to my hair."

I was 16 and he was my crush:crush:... I may have over reacted a smidgen...:oops::laugh:

mellie89
December 7th, 2010, 02:47 PM
My boyfriend is ever so diplomatic. He likes it better when it's down and straight, but "It's cute when it's up too!" I have tried to get him to give me an honest answer of which looks better, but he won't tell me either way.

I know that he doesn't like my hair as much when it has braid waves, but that's the only time I ever have any volume, so he can just shush up. :D

little_cherry
December 7th, 2010, 02:49 PM
My husband doesn't mind how I wear my hair.

spoonshine
December 7th, 2010, 03:02 PM
He hasn't expressed a definite preference. He does like it when there are good bun waves going on. He also likes nifty hair stick up-dos. Though he's still getting used to it being long for the first time since we've been together. He's probably tired of hearing 'owe you're pulling my hair' when I wear it down.

erika_d
December 7th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Down and with some volume and/or waves. He also likes a pony tail.

Fiordiligi
December 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Up, because he says it suits me better, and, probably mainly, because he is an itchy allergic sort of person who finds even nice soft conditioned hair to be unbearably scratchy, poor thing.

jesis
December 12th, 2010, 03:03 PM
It's official, I french braided my hair last night and my DBF told me he doesn't want to date an old woman. :bigeyes:

Mirsha
December 12th, 2010, 03:15 PM
The SO doesn't like it up of any kind and dislikes braidwaves AND bunwaves! I'm stuck wearing it down lest he gives the old woman comment to me :rolleyes:

jesis, tell him to can it? :D

jesis
December 12th, 2010, 03:19 PM
The SO doesn't like it up of any kind and dislikes braidwaves AND bunwaves! I'm stuck wearing it down lest he gives the old woman comment to me :rolleyes:

jesis, tell him to can it? :D

Oh, I've tried. You know, he's set in his ways, like most other men. :D

The braid stays! My hair is part of who I am, he's not. Tee hee.

No offense to other men, of course. :D Not all of you are bad.

smileycat
December 12th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Mine is odd. I like it down and he likes it up. Something about getting to see my neck. As my neck is like a giraffe's, I don't understand this, but I wear it up so it's out of the way, so he's happy. :) He also really appreciates my braids...especially the more intricate, fancy ones.

Mine, too, likes it up so for the "I can see your neck" reason.

Speckla
December 12th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Long, curly and loose - ideally.

However I feel most comfortable - realistically.

nytquill
December 12th, 2010, 03:28 PM
He likes my hair long, which works good for me because I've never wanted short hair in my life! Sometimes when he's making faces as it goes up his nose or something, I jokingly offer that I could cut it all off if you wanted honey, and he says NO no no no no! I think it's so cute :)

But as to style, I don't think he has a preference. Or at least he hasn't gone out of his way to say so. Sometimes when I ask him what I should do with my hair on a given day, he says "you know you can leave it down too, you don't HAVE to do anything with it!" But then sometimes he will also mention not having acess to my neck (as a negative thing) when my hair is down, so ;)

I think mostly he just likes my hair, whatever I do with it. I know he would never stop me from cutting it off if I wanted to or make me feel bad for it, but I don't want to, which happens to be good for him too. He also ooh and ahhs appropriately when I show him a new hairdo, and he takes hair pics for me! I'm totally happy with this setup.

Avital88
December 12th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Down!! i think thats what most men like haha

patienceneeded
December 12th, 2010, 03:48 PM
As long as it is not braided, DH is fine. He likes updos, as long as he's not getting injuries from the hairtoy/s, but he likes loose hair best. Typical man. =]

triumphator!
December 12th, 2010, 05:30 PM
My ex-boyfriend/best-friend says he likes it short because it makes me look "jaunty." But he also says he likes it super long because then I look "romantic."

So basically right now its around APL-ish and it's boring because he only likes extremes. So like him. Le sigh. :)

joiekimochi
December 13th, 2010, 05:47 AM
As long as Rapunzel's!

Eva_M
December 13th, 2010, 06:31 AM
My boyfriend prefers my hair, as most of the cases, loose; he LOVES playing with it. When I get tired of losing hair and my scalp is aching, it tell him to stop, but he will start pulling my hair again unconsciously, he just can't avoid it.
He also likes low pigtails so much, and doesn't dislike my braids!

MonikaHa
December 14th, 2010, 06:19 AM
My SO likes my hair down, he does not care about any style as long as it is long.
And unfortunately he is a great fan of bleached blonde.... too bad I won't be one any more.

Lucy Elizabeth
June 22nd, 2016, 03:55 PM
He loves that I'm growing mine out! When we first started dating I mentioned I'm growing it and when he wanted to know how long I gestured to my knee/thigh area and he got really excited despite me being a long way from knee!

As for how he likes it, he told me last night he likes when i wear it straight and down and natural. He also seems to like when I put it in a braid too, he's always tugging it ;)

Mademoiselle
June 22nd, 2016, 04:35 PM
My boyfriend likes it when I dyed my hair black, but that will not happen again think in a long time! also he likes long, loose and very straight.
But I always do all the changes I want =)

gawrique_
June 22nd, 2016, 05:19 PM
Absolutely down! But he learned to live with my decision to keep it up or braided most of the time and even likes some of the braids.

anou
June 22nd, 2016, 10:26 PM
He likes it down, keeps playing with it but he has also told me he loves it bunned and braided too :D

TatsuOni
June 23rd, 2016, 03:22 AM
He prefers it down since he loves when you can see the lenght. But unfortunately for him I only wear it down a few times a year:p

polarnatt
June 23rd, 2016, 04:03 AM
My boyfriend loves a high ponytail! And he's been so excited that I'm wearing my hair more just naturally wavy, he says it's cute. Also I think he prefers blonde to dark hair, but he always says that every hairstyle and colour suits me.

Wosie
June 23rd, 2016, 04:12 AM
He seems to like my hair the most when I have twin braids and when I have it loose. :) He has been saying the sweetest compliments ever lately, about my hair and its length (I get especially happy when he says it's "mermaidy"), and he used to think BSL was the best length for me. ^.^ The longer it gets, the more he seems to compliment it! I'm still a lil' surprised, but in a good way!

summergame
June 23rd, 2016, 04:28 AM
Love it the most loose :)

lithostoic
June 23rd, 2016, 08:50 AM
Any way that he can easily pull it, really XD Though he does say it looks really nice wavy, which is great because I agree.

truepeacenik
June 23rd, 2016, 09:30 AM
One partner would rather I wear it down all the time. This doesn't work, as my hair will get tangled on the buttons of his shirt cuffs. Ouch.

Another truly understands as he has to put his hair up. But we both loosen each other's hair in private.

Basically, I've been getting by on the color all my life. Men pulled to reds go kind of goofy.
Therefore, I could do pretty much what I wanted, but most had a preference for long.
Since I was last truly short haired after a chemical accident in 1989, it's a good thing the various boyfriends and the odd husband were into long.

pili
June 23rd, 2016, 09:37 AM
DH loves it down, curly/frizzy, and long (the wilder, the better.) He absolutely hated it when I had a pixie, but he never said anything to me about it looking bad, he just doesn't like short hair at all. At shoulder length, it's still too short for him now. The only thing he didn't like when my hair was almost at hip, was that i only ever wore it down, CG-curly, and in a middle part. I really had no idea how to put my hair up, and I have a narrow face. I admit it's not the best look for me. He didn't like how the lack of layers dragged my face down. This time around LHC will give me a lot more options in terms of styling. :). Also, I am a brunette, he hates bleached blonds. He'll tolerate highlights, but likes my natural dark hair better.

Blissful337
June 23rd, 2016, 10:03 AM
Luckily my husband never really had an opinion on my length, color or style. He says as long as I'm happy he's happy. Lol sometimes it makes it difficult because when I'm looking for an opinion on how to do my hair he can never really give me one. He just doesn't care enough about hair.

calmyogi
June 23rd, 2016, 10:38 AM
My husband told me years ago that he liked it up and straight. Makes no sense to me to have it straight if your just going to wear it up lol. I haven't asked him recently how he likes it, but I know he likes it long. I don't think he cares a whole lot how I wear it as long as it's long and feminine looking.

vampyyri
June 23rd, 2016, 10:44 AM
My husband loves my hair down in its natural state, and he is always playing with it! I also calls me Goldielocks, which is really endearing and makes me feel confident/beautiful!

OwMyHair
June 23rd, 2016, 11:16 AM
She doesn't care, as long as I don't talk to her about it too much. If I ever need to tell her something surreptitiously I just talk about my hair first and wait for her eyes to glaze over. She does the same thing to me regarding video games.

anou
June 23rd, 2016, 11:17 AM
It seems we all have a common theme of husbands/boyfriends who play with our hair :P

Climber
June 23rd, 2016, 12:13 PM
I have no idea. I've never asked his opinion, and he's never offered his opinion. I'm good with that. :)

Sofialu
June 23rd, 2016, 12:19 PM
I wish my husband liked to play with my hair as I find it so relaxing. He really dislikes things tickling him so my hair is a nuisance. He would prob like it if I wore it in a plait or had it cut in a bob like when we met :-/

gregh
June 24th, 2016, 05:10 PM
In part I am just glad she is OK with it long. She seems to prefer relatively simple styles, nothing adventurous. And she doesn't play with my hair.