PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to reach Hip From Waist

BellCat
December 6th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to grow from waist to hip? I know everyone is different but has anyone gotten there fast or was it a really slow journey? :) I've changed my goal after seeing this girls hair on youtube at about 53 seconds in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6J-UJofRPc&feature=related

soooo pretty and she finds johnsons baby shampoo makes her hair grow really fast!!?

KittyLost
December 6th, 2010, 07:57 AM
If your profile is up to date and you're at 28inches, and hip is 38inches on you and hair grows on average 6inches a year it could take you up to 2years to grow to hip based on little trims and no big cuts really.

I checked out that girl and she had posted that cutting her hair was making it grow faster, I wouldn't follow that advice but otherwise the no heat styling, keeping your hair protected in updos can help your hair not break which would stop you growing.

I find a hair, skin and nails vitamin a day really helps my hair grow to it's full potential. My first two months using it I got nearly 4inches of growth before it settled down to 0.5" a month.

BellCat
December 6th, 2010, 08:01 AM
38 isnt actually the length till hip i didnt know what to write :P im going to change it now. but my hair is currently 28inches

pepperminttea
December 6th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I'm glad she found something that works for her, but I wouldn't recommend trimming anywhere near as often as 2-8 weeks! :bigeyes:

You can try vitamins and all sorts of 'beauty secrets' to try grow hair faster, but ultimately none of them are miracle workers (and none of them work for everyone). Six inches of growth a year is about average - I'm afraid patience is the difficult bit.

princessp
December 6th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I got there quick! I think it was 2 or 3 months, that was definitely the easiest goal so far.

BellCat
December 6th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I got there quick! I think it was 2 or 3 months, that was definitely the easiest goal so far.
really?? thats amazing!! are you a faster grower usually? do you take anything to help speed up your growth rate??

princessp
December 6th, 2010, 09:44 AM
really?? thats amazing!! are you a faster grower usually? do you take anything to help speed up your growth rate??

I don't know if I'm a particularly fast grower (I think .75- 1" a month) because I haven't really been a consistent measurer. But I can say I'm fairly certain castor oil scalp massages has contributed to greater growth this month (over 1"). Good luck!

cmnt831
December 6th, 2010, 09:47 AM
It's taken me about 6 months. I was at waist with wet hair in June and I'm at hip with wet hair in December. My hair dry and curly just goes up and down as it pleases. :p My hair seems to grow at the very average 1/2" per month.

spidermom
December 6th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Six months to a year, I think. I trimmed a lot, plus my hips aren't far from my waist.

KittyLost
December 6th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Measure what length hip is on you, and then you'll get a better idea. Some people go from waist to hip very quickly as the distance may not be too long, just like most people grow quickly between APL and BSL.

BrightEyes7
December 6th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I went from waist to hip very quickly. I actually go back and forth between the two based on how scissor happy I'm feeling. I'd say it only took me a few months.

But I think waist and hip aren't that far apart on me.... TB is like miles down though it seems!

Eireann
December 6th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I'm pretty short waisted, so I'm probably unusual, but I was at waist in July and hip now, so 5 months?

TinaDenali
December 6th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I reached waist in June of this year and I'm about an inch and a half from hip, now. I think I'll be there by the end of January or mid February at the absolute latest. For me, hip is about four or five inches from waist. I tend to grow about .75 inches a month.

I also second not listening to her advice about cutting so often... I had chin length hair in August of 2008 and I haven't taken off any of the length since then. I've used the pony tail method to trim my layers, but I've never taken any off my length in almost two and a half years. If you're gentle with your hair and don't have split or damaged ends, there's no need. If you do have damaged ends there is reason to cut, however.

There is a magic miracle secret to getting your hair to grow long, though... patience! :D

Just hang in there.

BellCat
December 6th, 2010, 11:49 AM
oh yeah definately not trimming often :P!! I just thought it was strange baby shampoo works so well for her? :) How do I go about measuring hip?

BellCat
December 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
okay i just roughly measured my hair.. although my hair from behind is at waist when pulled to the front my hair is a little past BSL :( which is really annoying.. from waist there is about 5 1/2 inches till hip and from BSL is about 8 inches till hip... :/

Carolyn
December 6th, 2010, 12:38 PM
It takes me about a year to go from waist to hip with trims. Waist is 33" and hip is 36" on me. I usually gain about 3-4" a year after trims.

TinaDenali
December 6th, 2010, 03:44 PM
oh yeah definately not trimming often :P!! I just thought it was strange baby shampoo works so well for her? :) How do I go about measuring hip?

Yeah, it looked to me like her hair was hip in the front - so most like closer to tail bone length from the back. Because my hair appears shorter when pulled forward like she was doing then when down my back. Gah, that's so hard to explain!! :D

BellCat
December 6th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah, it looked to me like her hair was hip in the front - so most like closer to tail bone length from the back. Because my hair appears shorter when pulled forward like she was doing then when down my back. Gah, that's so hard to explain!! :D
haha yeah i totally get what you mean. My hair is the same but significantly shorter when pulled to the front to around the difference of 3inches!!! :S

enfys
December 6th, 2010, 06:14 PM
I did it within six months. I think it's one of the smallest jumps in milestones, even with my perfectly average growth.