PDA

View Full Version : hair growth and exercise?

hermosamendoza
December 5th, 2010, 09:35 PM
sorry if this is already on here. I haven't seen anything about it.
Has anyone else noticed that their hair grows better after sweating more like in the humid summer or after a long period of exercising?

Cailie
December 5th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Exercice is supposed to increase the overall blood circulation and therefore help in hair growth (if no exageration) :)

I'll follow the thread too, as it might motivate me to work out more often ... :o

prosperina
December 5th, 2010, 09:41 PM
well... I need to work out more anyway. This is good motivation!

Becky Safari
December 5th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Same here, I'm in a bit of a cold weather slump. I need to work out more especially if that means healthier hair

Sunny_side_up
December 6th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Exercise is great for circulation, if im not active i get icy cold hands:( notice quicker nail growth too when i have active weeks as oposed to last week where i been staying in mostly and getting quite cold at points. My nails grew like mad a few weeks ago, that was when i regularly had nice hot hands. I have started scalp massaging again though, if im not going out im not fussed about oily looking roots from the massages:D

layla<33
July 1st, 2011, 02:49 PM
:)i work out everyday and my skin and hair looks and feels much better and healthier than when i didnt

Kdc0180
July 1st, 2011, 11:30 PM
Supposedly yes. I believe it! :)

gthlvrmx
July 1st, 2011, 11:34 PM
Ohh yea! :D
I exercise regularly now besides massaging my scalp, and it does make a difference as long as everything is consistant! That's the only way you'll see a change :)
Our summers are extremely dry here, so it doesn't help the hair if you're the type to be running around outside. I like to stay indoors and exercise in peace :)

Darkhorse1
July 1st, 2011, 11:37 PM
I work out daily and am active in general and the only thing that made my hair grow lightning fast was a high fever. And I don't recommend that ;)

While exercise may boost your metabolism, growth rate is something that would more likely be hereditary. My hair grows very fast, as does my mom's and brother's and dad's. I remember feeling like my hair never grew when I wanted it long, so I know how agonizing it is.

NaiadOreiad
July 2nd, 2011, 12:27 AM
I had amazing growth in May when i was excercising very consistently and then I had a big lull here in June because 1. I lost my job (so stress was a factor) 2. Most importantly i didn't go to the gym AT ALL. I only grew .5 inch