PDA

View Full Version : Is there a quicker way to copy my blog without...

LisaJaney
December 5th, 2010, 05:04 PM
copying/pasting every single entry? I'd lke to save the comments, as well, but am (at this point) just copying and pasting everything and it's a pain. I did the most-ancient 25 this afternoon (there are about 170) and it took me an hour or more.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to have it printed out, like a little journal, if I could. (not that I ever write anything worth reading, but y'know...)

misstwist
December 5th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Evernote? (http://www.evernote.com/)

You could use the web clipper to paste each entry and comments into a new note.

Don't know if that would be any quicker.

Miriela
December 5th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Hmmm... I'm in Chrome and when I click on my little tool wrench guy, one of my options is Save Page As. The other thing I can think of is, if you have OneNote, you should be able to "print" page to OneNote.

LisaJaney
December 5th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I'll look into that Evernote and also try pulling things up in Chrome. Copying and pasting is just SOOO time-intensive! Thank you, ladies!

Miriela
December 6th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Firefox also has a Save Page As option under File, but I haven't the foggiest clue what browser you're using, so I don't know if that helps.

Also, never forget the power of ctrl + a. :)

LisaJaney
December 6th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I can't find anything different on Chrome, and haven't been to the Evernote page. I guess it's not so much the copy-paste, as the editing afterward to save paper. Maybe I'll just copy-paste and learn to DEAL, since I suspect that the mods are the only ones who have such a button (they have to, right? They have all sorts of buttons that we don't have) and none of them seem to be around. :shrug: Oh well, I'll check into that Evernote thing and see if they have something that Word doesn't...

misstwist
December 6th, 2010, 08:21 AM
In Firefox, when I click on my Evernote web clipper it will save the entire page to Evernote in one step. It automatically selects the first line as the title of the note.

If I only want part of a page I do have to highlight it before using my web clipper.

LisaJaney
December 6th, 2010, 09:38 AM
That's what I learned, too, MissTwist -- that if I do the lovely (and delightfully easy!) Control+A, I end up with all that sidebar crap in there and I don't want that. I figured out a way to save myself a few steps, though:

Last night I was copying and pasting, then deleting the post (from the end of my journal, as a "bookmark" so I'd know what I copied and what I hadn't) and it'd take me to the FRONT page again and I'd have to go to the end, and then back one page... :rolleyes: Now I'm working from the FRONT, I clicked on the first post (with its comments), copied/pasted that, then hit PREVIOUS, and it gives me the NEXT post (with its comments) and I can just work from there.

I also learned that here at school the computer's Word Program craps-out at about 100 pages and starts telling me "you've run out of memory in Word. If you keep going, you're going to lose stuff. You sure you want to continue?" So I got two and a half pages done this morning, MUCH quicker than before -- it took me an hour to do 2.5 pgs, and yesterday one full page took me that much time or more. So I have...6 more to go. Yipes!

physicschick
December 6th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Maybe I'll just copy-paste and learn to DEAL, since I suspect that the mods are the only ones who have such a button (they have to, right? They have all sorts of buttons that we don't have) and none of them seem to be around. :shrug:

No, the current blogging software does not include such a feature. I wish it did.

LisaJaney
December 6th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Thank you, PC. I appreciate your time. :)