PDA

View Full Version : Hair Growth Vitamins?

jesis
December 5th, 2010, 05:03 PM
What do you guys use for hair growth vitamins?

I looked up HairFinity and I saw it had good reviews. I tried a GNC brand, but got no results. I'm willing to try something new.

Thanks!

triumphator!
December 5th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I use Spring Valley Hair/Skin/Nails. They smell like nasty popcorn, just a heads up, haha.

For a lot of people you have to take them for a month before they work. You might have to build them up in your system first. Keep trying!

liagibba
December 5th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I take a Biotin supplement (5000mcg) in addition to my daily multi vitamin, omega-3, and B-Complex supplements.

hermosamendoza
December 5th, 2010, 08:01 PM
don't take prenatals. just a warning. you get amazing results but you will shed so bad when you stop taking them! i took then during my pregnacy and am still shedding 11 months later! i am almost tempted to take them again to make teh shedding stop!

i've heard the same happens with biotin. well i know biotin does the same thing. because I took them when i learned of their ability to boost hair growth but they made me shed. not as bad as prenatals but i did shed unbelievably when i stopped

eating avocado helps your hair skin and nails

BeachBabe91
December 6th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I just take regular multi vitamins and they work just fine. I have definitely noticed an increase in hair growth.

KittyLost
December 6th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I took Holland and Barret but you have to take them 3times a day and I kept forgetting but when I didn't forget I still got the same results as when I used a store brand once a day pill.

I've heard you can get amazing results with Natrol but I've never been able to find them to try it out.

SharkDisco
December 6th, 2010, 08:28 AM
don't take prenatals. just a warning. you get amazing results but you will shed so bad when you stop taking them! i took then during my pregnacy and am still shedding 11 months later! i am almost tempted to take them again to make teh shedding stop!

Pregnancy hormones make you hold onto hair that would otherwise shed, and when you're no longer pregnant you get a big shed. This has nothing to do with prenatal vitamins : )