PDA

View Full Version : Heavy oiling- Whats the best cleansing method?

Dreamkitty
December 5th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I have used heavy oiling on my hair since I was a child and im trying to go all natural by giving up shampoo & conditioner. Shampoo obviously cleans my hair very well, no matter how heavy the oiling is.

One of my worries is, apart from shampoo what is the next best cleansing method to clean your hair without harming it? Ive tried Indian Herbs but its not strong enough to clean all the oil off my hair. Now im at a loss on what I should do, because I want to find something that will clean my hair very well after heavy oiling, benefit my hair too.

So I was wondering what everyone else uses to clean their hair, those that are using other cleansing techniques. :)

Kaijah
December 5th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I've always found cowashing to be the most effective at removing super heavy oilings. :) I usually just use my usual CWC first conditioner - usually Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, sometimes one of the Tresemme Naturals ones.

Leisje
December 5th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I CWC after a heavy oiling. Apply conditioner to DRY hair, let it sit for a few minutes and then get in the shower. Sometimes I don't even need to use conditioner after I shampoo, but I always must soak in conditioner before washing.

littlestarface
December 5th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Only thing that worked for me is aritha and shampoo,I tried conditioner but it never took out any oil. I tried honey and conditioner that worked pretty good to get any remaining oil out.

spidermom
December 5th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Maybe a lighter oiling if you aren't going to use shampoo?

little_cherry
December 5th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Without a doubt, conditioner is by far the most superior product to take heavy oilings out. Step into the shower, rinse hair under warm water for a few minutes, apply and massage conditioner and let it soak for at least 10 minutes under a shower cap. Massage before washing and wash out with warm water and follow with either a shampoo or another conditioning.

I heavy oil frequently.

Warm water and gentle massage are the keys.

Egg also gets out oil.

MandyBeth
December 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Egg works for me, but not too often as my hair doesn't like protein.

Cailie
December 5th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Shikakai mixed in warm water (lots of it, left on hair 1h and covered with plastic cap)
a good natural Co, as used above (left on hair 10 minutes and lathered generously)
natural shampoo for dry hair, dilluted in water
white clay
ghassoul clay
dilluted sodium bicarbonate followed by ACV rince (my hair doesn't like it much, but some have success with it)

ChloeDharma
December 5th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I've removed heavy oilings pretty well with indian herbs. I did often find though that while wet and while drying my hair still felt and looked oily, then after sleeping for a night the oilyness was gone just leaving nicely conditioned hair.

Conditioner is my quick easy option of choice but of course that's no use to you if you don't want to use them.

Athena's Owl
December 6th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I haven't had a problem removing heavy oilings with plain old suave naturals conditioner.

RitaPG
December 6th, 2010, 06:52 PM
For me, the best cleansing trick to get rid of the oil is to leave the conditioner in for longer. Usually I shampoo, but when I have the time, I let the conditioner in for 15 to 20 minutes, that is enough to make my hair soft and happy :)