PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite dry shampoo?

Yedda
December 5th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I was thinking of trying dry shampoo. What is your favorite dry shampoo?

For those who have used dry shampoo, what did you like and not like about it? Do you have any tips for using it? (Although, you think it wouldn't be too hard...but you never know.)

Thanks!

alwayssmiling
December 5th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I regularly use dry shampoo. I personally prefer batiste simply because they have a lovely smell (I like the topical but they all smell nice). It works really well for me because my very full fringe gets greasy quickly. If I wash my hair in the evening by morning my fringe is looking greasy again. If I do a fringe wash in the morning by the afternoon its starting to not look its best.

It does give me a just washed look - the first time a used a dry shampoo it shocked me at how good it really worked. Tip: not to spray it too close to the hair or you will have a white patch. Hold the can at a bit of a distance lightly rub then comb or brush.

Yedda
December 5th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I regularly use dry shampoo. I personally prefer batiste simply because they have a lovely smell (I like the topical but they all smell nice). It works really well for me because my very full fringe gets greasy quickly. If I wash my hair in the evening by morning my fringe is looking greasy again. If I do a fringe wash in the morning by the afternoon its starting to not look its best.

It does give me a just washed look - the first time a used a dry shampoo it shocked me at how good it really worked. Tip: not to spray it too close to the hair or you will have a white patch. Hold the can at a bit of a distance lightly rub then comb or brush.

I'm glad to hear that it's working for you. I am not too familiar with the brands but I will look Batiste up. Thanks for the tip on holding the distance...I probably would have held it to close to my scalp.:)

Anyone else use dry shampoo??

little_cherry
December 5th, 2010, 03:18 PM
My favorite dry shampoo is unsweetened pure cocoa powder.

Captain Nikki
December 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I use dry shampoo for the same reason as alwayssmiling. I prefer Batiste tropical as well. I've tried a few different brands & to me they all smell pretty overpowering but the Batiste tropical is the least offensive to me. Klorane brand works just as well but contains cones, which i like to avoid. I've also used (i think it was) Paul Stafford, which also worked well. I just keep coming back to Batiste as it is the cheapest & as i said, the tropical scent is not too bad.
I spray it in, leave it for a couple of minutes, then comb it out with a fine toothed comb.
Do NOT buy Cedel brand. I had to take this back to the shop as i could not get it out of my hair & it looked like disgusting dandruff!

Kamama
December 5th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I tried Batiste a month ago and I love it. My fine hair gets oily looking after one day from a shampoo. I have only tried the Original, kind of citrusy smell. It is pleasant and my hair looks so clean and has volume. This allows me to stretch shampoos to every other day and not sacrifice how my hair looks. I was having to tease my hair to fluff it up on the second day and it still did not look as clean as I like. I wish I had tried it sooner.

ravenreed
December 5th, 2010, 06:14 PM
I get Batiste at Sally's Beauty Supply. I use it at least once a week for the morning where my hair is a little too oily for my liking but there isn't enough time for a washing and drying before leaving the house. To get all the residue out, first I brush through with my Tangle Teezer, then I brush through with my BBB.

HoneyJubilee
December 5th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I use a homemade dry shampoo. The recipe I use is here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=140177&postcount=6

I haven't tried any store bought dry shampoos to know how they compare to the homemade one. The homemade one works smells great and works well on my fine, light colored hair (not sure if it would leave white/gray patches in darker hair).

amaiaisabella
December 5th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I like Orlando Pita dry conditioner :) It's a spray with moderate scent that refreshes my roots without drying out my ends. Plus you don't need much! You just spray a bit and comb it in, no powder to hide.

Locksmith
December 7th, 2010, 05:59 AM
I use Batiste... but I use it mostly because it leaves a lot of white residue if I don't brush it out, which is perfect for greying my hair for roleplaying, as I can just brush it right out again! :p I find the smell a bit overpowering, but it's worth it not to have hairspray or facepaint in my hair! :D

PrincessBob
December 7th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I don't use dry shampoo, but find this thread so :drama: fascinating, I want to know more about cocoa powder for dry shampoo. :drama:

myria
December 7th, 2010, 09:03 AM
I use it in winter - its much better than having wet hair when its freezing outside. My favourite is batiste blush, the smell of it fades quite quickly.