PDA

View Full Version : Losing new hair?

dropinthebucket
December 5th, 2010, 10:26 AM
What does losing new growth mean?

I'm not shedding a huge amount or anything unusual. But noticed that a lot of the hair I'm losing is shorter, between 4 and 15 inches, and has tapered ends. This hair shouldn't be anywhere near terminal, I don't think. My hair is almost 22 inches in length. I seem to lose more new hair than older hair - is this odd? should I worry?? does this happen to anyone else?

Could it be the supplements I'm taking? (silica, biotin, MSM)

Thanks for any advice!

Angeletti
December 5th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Does the hair that you shed have a root on one end? If so then it's probably normal, all hairs have different terminal lengths.

naereid
December 5th, 2010, 10:39 AM
My guess is that they're those shorter hairs that frame your face. They can't grow as long as the rest of your hair does. Most people have them.

Sunny_side_up
December 5th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Me too! I think they're the shorter front lengths i have, reached their terminal, a couple just came out now:o ran my fingers through front part of my hair, they are roughly 4 inches in length. This is my third day no wash (every other day best for me) must say scalp is little itchy & looking flat and greasy today. The root tips look kinda heavy/clogged!:hmm: Guessing will be alot of hair in the drain when i wash tomorrow:rolleyes:

spidermom
December 5th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I shed out really short hairs, too; as short as 2-4 inches. That's an incredibly short growth cycle, and I have no idea why that would be, but obviously I have plenty of hairs that get really long, too.

CarpeDM
December 5th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Same here, I lose shorties all the time.

dropinthebucket
December 5th, 2010, 08:28 PM
So it's not abnormal! good to hear. They do have root bulbs - and some are white for most of their length! yikes, I hope this doesn't mean my silvers have an extra short terminal length. Thanks for encouraging words. :)

Maddy_T
December 5th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Better the shorties than the longies!!!!! ;)

sunshine80
December 5th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Better the shorties than the longies!!!!! ;)

Thats for sure!

beez1717
December 6th, 2010, 02:43 AM
I've found that the hair that is on the top of my scalp seems shorter then the ones from down near my neck, but in fact they are probably the same length, It's just that the placement makes them not hit the same location on my back. That might be an explanation?